• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

SOTU Address ... Are they showing this on MSNBC or CNN?

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
We should have empathy for Syria, given that Trump ordered the military to abandon our Kurdish allies there and allowed it to fall entirely under Putin's control. God forbid we elect the Kremlin's puppet again, but even eight years of that is a lot less than what Syria will have to put up with unless Putin eats a bullet in the near future (fingers crossed).

That is an entirely different subject. It's not that I don't have sympathy.

A Syrian said "God I fucking hate Americans so much it's unreal." My response to that was because it's not as if Syria is a vacation resort free of absolutely terrible people. It was a hypocritical thing for them to say, hence my response to their statement.

Then another user said "But social equality, healthcare, safety, work life balance, infrastructure, social unrest, politics, etc... they're all a mess in comparison to many other developed countries.", in response to my comment about Syria. I believe my response to that was also justified. Syria is far worse in every one of those aspects. It's just the truth. It's not that I don't have sympathy.

titan_tim

(Can't shut up)
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
A Syrian said "God I fucking hate Americans so much it's unreal." My response to that was because it's not as if Syria is a vacation resort free of absolutely terrible people. It was a hypocritical thing for them to say, hence my response to their statement.

Then another user said "But social equality, healthcare, safety, work life balance, infrastructure, social unrest, politics, etc... they're all a mess in comparison to many other developed countries.", in response to my comment about Syria. I believe my response to that was also justified. Syria is far worse in every one of those aspects. It's just the truth. It's not that I don't have sympathy.
Oh crap, I didn't know he was from Syria! I guess that would make sense why he hates the US as much as he does. I thought you were just making a random comparison to a country that was obviously worse off. That makes more sense. Sorry!

Reactions: RedColoredStars

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto