O3ds + menuhax Monster Hunter Generation reboot stuck in menuhax

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Holy-Freak, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Holy-Freak
    OP

Holy-Freak Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2016
    France
    Hi there, I've lately hack some O3ds with menuhax for some friends, but they have some issues with since they tried to play monster hunter generation that reboot in high ram usage while it launched.

When the game reboot the O3ds, it reboot in menuhax instead of high ram usage mode.
    Is there a solution to bypass that or the only solution is Arm9loaderhax ?

2. Hayleia

Hayleia GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 26, 2015
    France
    Are you using an rxTools build from 1996? Because I remember being able to play Smash and MH4U on my Old 3DS with rxTools without problems before a9lh came out.
    So I guess a solution can be to switch to Luma at least (because even more recent builds of rxTools are outdated anyway, or soon-to-be-outdated). And if you're motivated, yeah, you can use a9lh too but I don't think that's a requirement.

3. Holy-Freak
    OP

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2016
    France
    They are on the last release of Reinand. Also, they have a Ctrbootmanager.

4. zezzo

zezzo The "Black Ace"

Sep 14, 2015
    United States
    Reinand did that to me. So I switched to rxtools. Try Luma if that doesn't work try rxtools

5. Hayleia

Hayleia GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 26, 2015
    France
    No idea about ReiNand, I never used that. But your problem most probably comes from outdated reboot patches. So I'd really suggest you to switch to Luma if there is no ReiNand release with newer patches. At worst, if you have CtrBootManager, you can try Luma and switch back to your previous setup if it didn't solve anything, but I think it will.

Holy-Freak likes this.
  6. Holy-Freak
    OP

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2016
    France
    Okay, thank a lot.

7. rasputin

rasputin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 7, 2008
    United States
    press your menuhax override button when it reboots

Last edited by rasputin, Aug 11, 2016
  8. Holy-Freak
    OP

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2016
    France
    OH, THANKS. I'll tell my friends to try it. I'm sure it's gonna work. I'd forget we can do that, it was so long since i'm on a9lh.

Last edited by Holy-Freak, Aug 11, 2016