NXMP Nintendo Switch Media Player

nxmp-banner.jpg

NXMP is an open-source Nintendo Switch media player based on MPV and FFMPEG, supporting a wide range of media file formats and codecs.
NXMP is coded by @proconsule54 and @darkxex

It support HTTP,FTP,SFTP,Samba,NFS streaming and it also support Enigma2 decoders. Starting from 0.7.0 Version it features HW Decoding for H264,HEVC,VP9,VP8,MPEG2 up to 4K HDR@30fps

NXMP it's on early versions and active dev state so expect any kind of bugs, anyways it's fully functional and tested before every release

Project repository|Stable Build
Stable: v0.9.0

Features:
  • HW Decoding (since v0.7.0) for (H264,HEVC,VP9,VP8,MPEG2)
  • Extense support of media file formats and codecs, including audio too as well​
  • Touch and controller support, control the MP as you want​
  • Video deinterlace support
  • Advanced image settings, configure the brightness and color options, change aspect ratio and rotate the screen​
  • Custom subtitles, you can configure options like color, text size and position to your preferences​
  • Full sound EQ, allow adjust the sound equalizer to your preferences, you can define presets too​
  • Chapters navigator with titles support​
  • Selector of Video/Audio/Subtitle tracks during play​
  • Playlist queue, allow to enque desired files on a playlist for non-stop play​
  • Resume play, you can continue your videos where you previusly stop it​
  • Watch status, watched videos are marked as green on file explorer​
  • Shadermania, you can apply any shader compatible with MPV to NXMP​

Media sources supported:
  • Nintendo Switch SD Card
  • USB drive attached to dock or Switch with USB C adapter (FAT, NTFS and EXT4, up to 32 drives)
  • HTTP/S files through network
  • FTP and SFTP files
  • Samba (SMB) files shared throught network
  • NFS
  • Enigma2 (allow to view TV channel from satellite decoders compatible with this protocol)

Screenshoots:

2021110300034400.jpg2021110300031500.jpg2021110300032100.jpg2021110300023000.jpg

Post here any kind of bug/suggestions.
Enjoy!

Thanks to libusbhsfs https://github.com/DarkMatterCore/libusbhsfs for USB drives support
Thanks to @averne for HW Decoding FFMpeg! and for many many hints
Thanks to @bodyXY for the banner and the icons!
Thanks to @Godorowski for player UI design and releated icons
Thanks to @Chocola for beta testing a player guide

Last edited by proconsule54,

proconsule54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Okay, so I'm wondering if i am missing something again. I have a video file that's called myshow.mp4. I also have 2 SRT files in the same folder, one is myshow.eng.srt and the other is myshow.ko_KR.srt, neither of the subtitle files show up in the subtitle screen. If I rename the myshow.eng.srt or myshow.ko_KR.srt to myshow.srt then it works. Since I share the switch with my significant other I have to rename the subtitles back and forth all the time.
Since NXMP uses mpv you can try using mpv conf to deal with that
https://mpv.io/manual/master/#options-sub-auto

I will look for make things auto but until this you can try using mpv conf

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
@proconsule54 for the case you dunno...

But i think i have found the culprit for the appcrash. If you change the audio track during playback and then want to play another file, the program shows (most of the time) "Buffering media..." and then a crash. Changing subtitles does not cause a crash. At least I didn't get one.

Reactions: proconsule54

metal_goose_solid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quick question: HDR video decoding is supported, but the switch screen space is SDR, right? Does that mean the player does tone mapping? Are we better off using SDR content or HDR content?

DanielFP

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
This is such an awesome app, but is there any button combination to show the list of channels in a m3u list?
It seems to show just the first one
Post automatically merged:

Resume is working on my side, i will investigate.

Dev Update:

Since m3u playlist is supported by mpv but badly handled by nxmp (it just shot the playlist to mpv) i make a m3u parser that "mount" the playlist and use it as a list of folder (for using groups in future) with the single link inside
View attachment 410902
View attachment 410903
Is very useful for IPTV streams, can be further optimized, is just a first try but it works well
@proconsule54 this looks great! How can we get to that interface? I don’t see any m3u parser option in the menu and including the m3u URL in the URL section starts playing the first channel, but I see no option to either see other channels or change channels

Last edited by DanielFP,

BlackSunshine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi! Great project and execution. What is the best version to get currently? The latest stable deko3d or the last beta deko3d? Also, I've been looking for a good manga reader and saw that there was a pdf viewer and that you intended on adding a manga reader feature. Is this still planned? And would it read cbr files? As thats a format that many comics and mangas are available in. Thanks again for everyone's work involved in this.

proconsule54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi all, i am very very busy with my work, so i didnt work too much on nxmp, but an update for resolve some bugs is on the way.
It will update ffmpeg and usb library, so i hope this will close many issues.
Ans some facts on the two version.
Deko3d is the best version in terms of performance, and with the next update also for stability.Opengl will work but it uses more cpu so the battery drain faster.

For m3u the parser works only on local m3u files not for opening a remote m3u.
More dev updates in the weekend. Hope so!
Enjoy

DanielFP

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
For m3u the parser works only on local m3u files not for opening a remote m3u.
Thanks for clarifying!
Out of curiosity, are local m3u lists and online m3u much different?
Any plans to implement online m3u lists support in the future?

Keep up the great work! This is such a great app!

Last edited by DanielFP,

proconsule54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks for clarifying!
Out of curiosity, are local m3u lists and online m3u much different?
Any plans to implement online m3u lists support in the future?

Jeep up the great work! This is such a great app!
they are the same, is just a partial implementation. Will be done in future releases

docgold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I use latest stable on atmosphere. Created a theme but there is no option for me to activate it.
Inserted in theme = mytheme in the config.ini but it's not started. Instead default is started.

Horizonlike, which is installed in advance, cannot be selected either.

Please let me know if I can activate themes at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So salty