Homebrew Homebrew app [Release] Video player for 3DS

Core_2_Extreme

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
ffmpeg -i "C:\Users\user\Videos\Avatar2_trailer_SBS_3D.mkv" -filter_complex "split[l][r];[l]stereo3d=sbsl:ml[left];[left]scale=800:336:flags=lanczos[left];[left]scale=400:168:flags=neighbor[left];[r]stereo3d=sbsl:mr[right];[right]scale=800:336:flags=lanczos[right];[right]scale=400:168:flags=neighbor[right]" -map [left] -map 0:a -c:a aac -b:a 128k -b:v 2000k -c:v libx264 -bsf:v "h264_metadata=sample_aspect_ratio=1" left.mp4 -map [right] -an -b:v 2000k -c:v libx264 -bsf:v "h264_metadata=sample_aspect_ratio=1" right.mp4 && ffmpeg -i left.mp4 -i right.mp4 -map 0:v:0 -map 0:a:0 -map 1:v:0 -c:v copy -c:a copy "C:\Users\user\Videos\3ds_Avatar2_trailer_SBS_3D.mkv.mp4"
and even on the bottom screen where it shows the time, the timer is running fast
and if i run the same command except with mjpeg, it runs at correct speed
ffmpeg -i "C:\Users\user\Videos\Avatar2_trailer_SBS_3D.mkv" -filter_complex "split[l][r];[l]stereo3d=sbsl:ml[left];[left]scale=800:336:flags=lanczos[left];[left]scale=400:168:flags=neighbor[left];[r]stereo3d=sbsl:mr[right];[right]scale=800:336:flags=lanczos[right];[right]scale=400:168:flags=neighbor[right]" -map [left] -map 0:a -c:a aac -b:a 128k -b:v 2000k -c:v mjpeg -huffman optimal left.mp4 -map [right] -an -b:v 2000k -c:v mjpeg -huffman optimal right.mp4 && ffmpeg -i left.mp4 -i right.mp4 -map 0:v:0 -map 0:a:0 -map 1:v:0 -c:v copy -c:a copy "C:\Users\user\Videos\3ds_Avatar2_trailer_SBS_3D.mkv.mp4"
ok, I'll check it later.

Od3stroyer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, I'm a new user of GBATemp, and very much appreciate this media player application. Since my modded N3DSXL has too much audio files loaded onto it, Nintendo 3DS Sound can't load up all of my music and hangs, so in my search for dedicated 3DS or DS mp3 players, I found this, which happens to play my music very well. Most importantly, it switches music without my input. In other words, this is my new 3DS music player application. Even dedicated mp3 players for the 3DS can't top this, ironically. I, however, notice that there isn't a true shuffle feature. The "random" option you can select only plays music in the near vicinity of the music you just selected, from what I am noticing. I don't know if you can, but would really appreciate a shuffle feature in an upcoming release of Video Player for 3DS. I have all of my music in one folder (324 songs), so in my case, it would shuffle all of the music in that folder. I usually use my 3DS to play music while I'm driving, so this would be really appreciated so I can have more variety of music ^-^
TLDR; Just a request for a shuffle feature

T0biasCZe

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
@Od3stroyer I have 750 songs on my New 3DS sd card, and the 3DS Sound can play all of them without problem. Only thing i needed to do was split the music into sub folders with each having 100 files... And then in 3DS Sound, i just select "shuffle all", and it randomly plays all songs from the subfolders.
And about this app supporting shuffle, first playing whole folders would need to be added before even adding shuffle... :D
Post automatically merged:

about the H264 3D playing too fast, I did some testings, and:
in the ancient 1.2.0 version, the video plays at the correct speed...
1.3.x just crash when loading the 3d video
1.4.0-1.4.2 runs almost correct, but its little bit too slow (1 minute in,the video is like 5 seconds behind audio) and there is little bit of artifacting in the first few seconds
1.5.0 runs at correct speed
1.5.1 has the speed bugged
so the bug is from one of the changes in 1.5.1: https://github.com/Core-2-Extreme/Video_player_for_3DS/releases/tag/v1.5.1

Last edited by T0biasCZe,
Reactions: Core_2_Extreme

Od3stroyer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah yes, I forgot to add: when I was using Nintendo 3DS Sound, my music was split into four folders, 3 of them having 99 files maximum. I was aware of the folder limit in Nintendo 3DS Sound. I just moved everything to one folder now for convenience sake, especially now that I use video player 3ds to play my music. I know that even if I did split my music into subfolders again, Nintendo 3DS Sound has no chance of working regardless, as it hasn't worked even when I had my music split into subfolders. My 3DS in general also has a RIDICULOUS amount of sound files, most of them stemming from my visual novels in VNDS, and the GTA 3 port: RE3. Nintendo 3DS Sound scans for all of your sound files on the whole SD/Micro SD Card from my knowledge, so it seems to hang because I have too much sound files on my micro SD card in general.

T0biasCZe

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
two questions
1) about the subtitle support, does it not support external srt subtitles? because i placed the files right next to the mp4 in 4 different naming types, but it still doesnt detect them
1671220450309.png

2) how tf do you set the sample/pixel aspect ratio to 2:1 for the hori hd? -sar doesnt work and -bsf:v "h264_metadata=sample_aspect_ratio=1/2" neither

T0biasCZe

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
ok figured it out, in ffmpeg its "setsar=1/2" in the video filter after the scaling. ffmpeg -i "flywoomyfly.mp4" -vf scale=800:240,setsar=1/2 horihd_out.mp4

Core_2_Extreme

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
v1.5.3 has been released

Changes​

Audio files more than 2ch (e.g. 2.1ch) has been supported.
Many pixel formats have been supported, however, YUV420P is recommended for performance reason.
Ryukyuan(琉球諸語) translation has been added (by kuragehimekurara1).
Auto mode for top screen mode has been added, when this is enabled (settings -> LCD -> screen mode -> auto) you can just use 3d slider to change between 3D <-> 800px mode.
Simplified Chinese(简体中文) translation has been updated.

Fixed bugs​

Many problems with seek function including backward seeking has been fixed.
Problem that it won't enter sleep mode in some case has been fixed.
Problem that h263p video is not played correctly in some resolution has been fixed.

On NEW 3(2)DS, it is recommended to use patched Luma3DS or luma3ds v12.0 (or later) for better performance.​

Download : https://github.com/Core-2-Extreme/Video_player_for_3DS/releases/tag/v1.5.3

eliu9395

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On Auto screen mode, when I use the 3D slider, it makes it so one eye sees the video while the other sees a black screen. Am I doing something wrong? I'm playing 800x240@24fps videos, which are 16:9 aspect ratio.

T0biasCZe

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
The 800px mode should work automatically when you play 800x240p video or the video has pixel aspect 2:1 (and maybe also 480p video that gets downscaled, since it has the horizontal resolution, but idk)

eliu9395

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 800px mode should work automatically when you play 800x240p video or the video has pixel aspect 2:1 (and maybe also 480p video that gets downscaled, since it has the horizontal resolution, but idk)
Does this mean that 800x240 videos play in 800px mode even if the 3D slider is off? (sorry if this is a dumb question)

T0biasCZe

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
you must have the 3d slider off when playing horihd videos (though it can be turned on if you have the display mode set to 800px manually instead of using auto)

AleronIves

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are two reasons for a video to be 800x240. The first is that it's a 3D video with two separate 400x240 images side by side, one for each eye. The 3D slider is relevant in this case. The second reason is to have a single 800x240 image with double the resolution, for slightly sharper PQ. The 3D slider must remain off for this type of video.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.