NXMP Nintendo Switch Media Player

nxmp-banner.jpg

NXMP is an open-source Nintendo Switch media player based on MPV and FFMPEG, supporting a wide range of media file formats and codecs.
NXMP is coded by @proconsule54 and @darkxex

It support HTTP,FTP,SFTP,Samba,NFS streaming and it also support Enigma2 decoders. Starting from 0.7.0 Version it features HW Decoding for H264,HEVC,VP9,VP8,MPEG2 up to 4K HDR@30fps

NXMP it's on early versions and active dev state so expect any kind of bugs, anyways it's fully functional and tested before every release

Project repository|Stable Build
Stable: v0.9.0

Features:
  • HW Decoding (since v0.7.0) for (H264,HEVC,VP9,VP8,MPEG2)
  • Extense support of media file formats and codecs, including audio too as well​
  • Touch and controller support, control the MP as you want​
  • Video deinterlace support
  • Advanced image settings, configure the brightness and color options, change aspect ratio and rotate the screen​
  • Custom subtitles, you can configure options like color, text size and position to your preferences​
  • Full sound EQ, allow adjust the sound equalizer to your preferences, you can define presets too​
  • Chapters navigator with titles support​
  • Selector of Video/Audio/Subtitle tracks during play​
  • Playlist queue, allow to enque desired files on a playlist for non-stop play​
  • Resume play, you can continue your videos where you previusly stop it​
  • Watch status, watched videos are marked as green on file explorer​
  • Shadermania, you can apply any shader compatible with MPV to NXMP​

Media sources supported:
  • Nintendo Switch SD Card
  • USB drive attached to dock or Switch with USB C adapter (FAT, NTFS and EXT4, up to 32 drives)
  • HTTP/S files through network
  • FTP and SFTP files
  • Samba (SMB) files shared throught network
  • NFS
  • Enigma2 (allow to view TV channel from satellite decoders compatible with this protocol)

Screenshoots:

2021110300034400.jpg2021110300031500.jpg2021110300032100.jpg2021110300023000.jpg

Post here any kind of bug/suggestions.
Enjoy!

Thanks to libusbhsfs https://github.com/DarkMatterCore/libusbhsfs for USB drives support
Thanks to @averne for HW Decoding FFMpeg! and for many many hints
Thanks to @bodyXY for the banner and the icons!
Thanks to @Godorowski for player UI design and releated icons
Thanks to @Chocola for beta testing a player guide

Last edited by proconsule54,

will67

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks proconsule,
NFS seems fixed now and working well.
Smb seems unreachable with the same credentials with previous version. Ftp is working but when reading a video and going fast forward the video freeze.

Edit: Tested ftp with vsftpd on openwrt router

Edit2: Retested ftp and finally everything is working perfectly. Must had a network failure during my previous tests.

Last edited by will67,
Reactions: proconsule54

proconsule54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
For ftp keep in mind that is a library written by myself, so is not working as expected outside the test i have done, but i can adopt to any usage, so when you feedback a issue with ftp the configuration used (the server version/os) is an important information

I tested it with vsftpd (many versions) on linux only

proconsule54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If i pause a movie it dosent resume at the point Where i stopped (enabled database) what is the 5seconds options for?
Resume is working on my side, i will investigate.

Dev Update:

Since m3u playlist is supported by mpv but badly handled by nxmp (it just shot the playlist to mpv) i make a m3u parser that "mount" the playlist and use it as a list of folder (for using groups in future) with the single link inside
m3u-test1.png

m3u-test2.png

Is very useful for IPTV streams, can be further optimized, is just a first try but it works well

Beetlejuice90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Dev Update:

Since m3u playlist is supported by mpv but badly handled by nxmp (it just shot the playlist to mpv) i make a m3u parser that "mount" the playlist and use it as a list of folder (for using groups in future) with the single link inside
View attachment 410902
View attachment 410903
Is very useful for IPTV streams, can be further optimized, is just a first try but it works well
OMG you can read my mind or something? I was going to request m3u IPTV support, but thought they have already a lot to do, better don't bother them during christmas.
Post automatically merged:

I see that you are testing 720p streams, unfortunately with beta 0.9.0 FHD streams are buffering endlessly when trying to back out from channel or it crashes the NXMP. Can you look into it?

Last edited by Beetlejuice90,
  • Haha

Growingcow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Dev Update:

View attachment 410902
View attachment 410903
Is very useful for IPTV streams, can be further optimized, is just a first try but it works we

Cool, wondering if it's possible to select the language subtitle you want to load?

proconsule54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Beetlejuice90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello, I just tested the latest Beta and IPTV doesn't work at all. The files are shown as (.m3u8) but nothing pops. I am on USB with wired network adapter so it can't be my settings since it did work in the Beta before.

duckbill007

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Devoptab has a nasty side effect: a huge overhead on enumerating files on directory listing when you need file sizes. So huge that listing 100+ files make browsing uncomfortable. That's why dbi not using devoptab at all even for USB flash.

proconsule54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Devoptab has a nasty side effect: a huge overhead on enumerating files on directory listing when you need file sizes. So huge that listing 100+ files make browsing uncomfortable. That's why dbi not using devoptab at all even for USB flash.
if used with readdir and stat yes is very very slow, but i am calling directly direnext routine, it works great and fast. one call for name and stats

https://github.com/proconsule/nxmp/.../source/fileBrowser/fileBrowserClass.cpp#L141

take a look.

duckbill007

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Yes, but still a call for each file. In most cases directory listing with all the info can be obtained with single call. Also, using dirnext directly does mean that you do not use devoptab API, but a different approach.

proconsule54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, but still a call for each file. In most cases directory listing with all the info can be obtained with single call. Also, using dirnext directly does mean that you do not use devoptab API, but a different approach.
Yes sure still using devoptab api, but in a more efficent way than normal use. in most scenario this approach is fast enough. but yes you are right, a more efficent way can be done, but is a step better than the prev implementation.

pleaseBUU

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
"Database File Corrupted" on Toggle. Why?

Edit: Fixxed it by first starting the older Version 0.8.2 turning database on there and then starting 0.9.0 and then it upgraded it automaticly.

Last edited by pleaseBUU,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Rye would get shot at sight. +1