Hacking NWPlayer123 got Loadiine on 5.5.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh wow so many posts (of which quite a bit is not very nice to some people). Guys what are you so hyped about? Porting loadiine gx2 isn't a very hard task. It was done already by several people for older firmwares before too for example @ptitleray or @z0mb3 and @andriy921 is doing it for 4.0.0 now. It is basically the same work and there were/are not as many posts as here for those ports. You only need to find the correct addresses by downloading the cafe os libraries from the NUS server (which is legal because those are update files), decrypt them, disassemble them in IDA and compare to the 5.3.2 values. It is a task of of a few hours max if you know what to do. The only difference on the port to 5.5.x was that there was a change in the cafe os loader code and in particular the function LiWaitOneChunk(). That is the reason @NWPlayer123 had issues getting games to run earlier. So I helped her out and got myself the 5.5.x libraries, reversed the function, implemented the necessary changes and send her the code of it to create a proper pull request (it was sher who started to work on it after all). So in contrary to what someone said on this thread, I did write code for this change as well even though I didn't want to do that anymore but thats another story.

Anyway, don't get this wrong. I don't want to talk down the work @NWPlayer123 did. It is great what she did and we should thank her for taking the time to look up and integrate the necessary addresses, but I just don't understand all this hype about something that isnt much out of the ordinary. She prepared all the stuff for when it is time to use it though you still can't use it without the 0x10000000 area being mapped to 0xA0000000 for which you need kernel access.

Once she finds a new kernel exploit, now that would be something worth to hype about ;).

Btw:
The sources of the HBL and ddd were updated as well to support 5.5.x. Other applications like ftpiiu don't require any changes. It is only a preparation for when the time is ready.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh wow so many posts (of which quite a bit is not very nice to some people). Guys what are you so hyped about? Porting loadiine gx2 isn't a very hard task. It was done already by several people for older firmwares before too for example @ptitleray or @z0mb3 and @andriy921 is doing it for 4.0.0 now. It is basically the same work and there were/are not as many posts as here for those ports. You only need to find the correct addresses by downloading the cafe os libraries from the NUS server (which is legal because those are update files), decrypt them, disassemble them in IDA and compare to the 5.3.2 values. It is a task of of a few hours max if you know what to do. The only difference on the port to 5.5.x was that there was a change in the cafe os loader code and in particular the function LiWaitOneChunk(). That is the reason @NWPlayer123 had issues getting games to run earlier. So I helped her out and got myself the 5.5.x libraries, reversed the function, implemented the necessary changes and send her the code of it to create a proper pull request (it was sher who started to work on it after all). So in contrary to what someone said on this thread, I did write code for this change as well even though I didn't want to do that anymore but thats another story.

Anyway, don't get this wrong. I don't want to talk down the work @NWPlayer123 did. It is great what she did and we should thank her for taking the time to look up and integrate the necessary addresses, but I just don't understand all this hype about something that isnt much out of the ordinary. She prepared all the stuff for when it is time to use it though you still can't use it without the 0x10000000 area being mapped to 0xA0000000 for which you need kernel access.

Once she finds a new kernel exploit, now that would be something worth to hype about ;).

Btw:
The sources of the HBL and ddd were updated as well to support 5.5.x. Other applications like ftpiiu don't require any changes. It is only a preparation for when the time is ready.
dimok was the mastermind behind this tbh, without figuring out that they updated global variables I wouldn't have been going anywhere, the rest was easy once that was solved

Exavold

eeh
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@NWPlayer123 please confirm if it's a joke. i am going to hate today due to anxiety and hype
April Fools but only kinda, so I was trying to load the web browser in loadiine to make it easy to get the savedata so I could play around with having it just run code when you open the app and this is v8 which was the very first iteration of the browser on 2.0.0, it displayed that error probably because it didn't have a JIT to use but it is an unedited picture and file

Reactions: BurningDesire

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users