Hacking NS-Atmosphere Payload Injector (overview)

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Might sound obvious but do you have the files for reiNX on your sd card? The latest version of reiNX is missing files that you need to download by following the official guide (dunno if that's needed for sigpatch though). It also requires 5.1 unlike previous versions of reiNX.

Either way if it is sending payloads to the switch then it's all good :)
oh, i used the zip file from here
https://github.com/Reisyukaku/ReiNX/releases
i am on 4.1

Rasa39

Pervert Deluxe
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
oh, i used the zip file from here
https://github.com/Reisyukaku/ReiNX/releases
i am on 4.1

That explains it, if you still want to try reiNX just for the sake of it I'd say try 1.2, that worked for me on 3.0.2 which is apparently the trickiest fw version to get anything to work on.
But from what I've heard the latest public build of reiNX only supports 5.1 as of now. (that could be misinformation as I've not read much into it since I'm at 5.1 now anyway, but it would explain why it boots to regular OS for you).

Last edited by Rasa39,

Nightflash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That explains it, if you still want to try reiNX just for the sake of it I'd say try 1.2, that worked for me on 3.0.2 which is apparently the trickiest fw version to get anything to work on.
But from what I've heard the latest public build of reiNX only supports 5.1 as of now. (that could be misinformation as I've not read much into it since I'm at 5.1 now anyway, but it would explain why it boots to regular OS for you).

Yes, you are correct. ReiNX 1.6 only supports 5.1.0 as of now :)

Albytrozz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got mine today from AliExpress in crazy record time for anything I've ever purchased from there... the tracking even actually worked!

I programmed it with SX OS payload and tested it out real well and can say it works perfectly! I'm very impressed with the build quality and small size. Was a great deal, grab one!

Reactions: stewacide

Hoang Tran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got mine today from AliExpress in crazy record time for anything I've ever purchased from there... the tracking even actually worked!

I programmed it with SX OS payload and tested it out real well and can say it works perfectly! I'm very impressed with the build quality and small size. Was a great deal, grab one!

I also received mine from Ali Express today. Ordered on August 29. Only 12 days with free shipping. Never received anything that quick from AliExpress before lol. Using ReiNX with mine and everything is working great. Very professional look to it.

Reactions: Albytrozz

Albytrozz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also received mine from Ali Express today. Ordered on August 29. Only 12 days with free shipping. Never received anything that quick from AliExpress before lol. Using ReiNX with mine and everything is working great. Very professional look to it.

I agree, like I said the build quality is much better than I was expecting... plus although it looks like it might be double the size of the SX Pro/Gear it's still much smaller than the pics of it lead me to believe... it's more than small enough to tuck into any carrying case, and the included attached jig is much better quality than the 3D ones I had.

Overall I'm pleasantly surprised by it, I would have no problem suggesting it to anyone else, especially if you can get a New User/Welcome Back coupon!

j00manji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought on of these and it works like a charm!
as other users have stated, its smaller than the pictures make you think. Super portable.
and you can switch out the payload easily!
Dragon injector looks/sounds cool. But for whats currently available Id get this atmo-dongle.

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Mine has arrived today, well protected in a bubble letter.
It took 12 days to arrive (I bought it on aliexpress Aug. 31 2018, and it has arrived today).
The USB connector is also protected.
I'm charging it, then I will try to flash and use it.

180912052242853055.jpg
18091205224362642.jpg
180912052243335592.jpg
180912052243598561.jpg

Last edited by Asia81,
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ordered one of these myself after reading all the positive comments and so far no negatives! Size isnt an issue as it will live in the same case the switch uses. Now im no longer an android user this is perfect for what I need it for!

Hopefully wont take too long to arrive to the UK :)

Reactions: Rasa39

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ordered one of these myself after reading all the positive comments and so far no negatives! Size isnt an issue as it will live in the same case the switch uses. Now im no longer an android user this is perfect for what I need it for!

Hopefully wont take too long to arrive to the UK :)
China to France, 12 days, should be arround the same for uk.

Reactions: andyhappypants

Arkangelshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just arrived, it feels well constructed and "it just works"; no driver drama just plug and play.

The jig worked very nice and feel like it didn't hurt the pins, but i just use it once as i'm in autorcm now.

Also it will help us in fully turning off the console more easily as stated in here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/psa-man...es-not-turn-off-a-switch-with-autorcm.515402/

The battery is fine, no complains so far; it came charged but i full charge it just to be sure.

I'm really thinking in ordering another one as a backup.

I think it is the item with the most quality that i ever got from aliexpress.

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok, so it's fully charged.
I flashed the hekate 4.0 payload.
All work fine, the jig is in a very good quality (I got 3 differents jig from ebay, I had to throw them, they didn't triggered the RCM mode).
The injector also work fine, it injected the payload at the first try.
I was a bit hesitating before the purchase, but actually, I am fully satisfied of it, thanks @Rasa39 :grog:

Last edited by Asia81,

Albytrozz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted to add a little note from experience with it... when flashing a new payload it'll erase, write and then verify the file.

With mine it would fail at the verify stage when adding the SX OS payload but that didn't stop the payload from working... as long as it erased and wrote successfully don't panic if it doesn't pass 'verify', try it with the Switch anyway as it should work fine. If not try writing it again.

Last edited by Albytrozz,

Rasa39

Pervert Deluxe
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, so it's fully charged.
I flashed the hekate 4.0 payload.
All work fine, the jig is in a very good quality (I got 3 differents jig from ebay, I had to throw them, they didn't triggered the RCM mode).
The injector also work fine, it injected the payload at the first try.
I was a bit hesitating before the purchase, but actually, I am fully satisfied of it, thanks @Rasa39 :grog:

You're very welcome Asia81, I was super happy with mine and with all the new ones coming out I'm glad my opinions have been useful to you, and other members.
Also bit of a fangirl moment because I love your work on the 3ds, so to get some praise from you has made my day (sounds lame I know haha).

But yeah so I'm glad to have helped everyone and anyone who's been in the market for a dongle. :yayswitch:

Last edited by Rasa39,

Nightflash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I finally received mine as well and it works like a charm, no problem with drivers and computer connection/flashing or sending the payload. I ordered the R4S dongle as well and it arrived on the same day, both work great. The R4S is definitely smaller but the NS-atmosphere has this nice jig slot going for it!

Reactions: Albytrozz

Albytrozz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
received mine today and work perfectly with reiNX.

Anyone try sxos on it ?

If you looked 3 posts up from yours you can see I confirmed it working with SX OS, only with a warning that verifying the flash might fail but the injector works fine regardless...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ooowwww a new way for me to beat NFS 510 :D @SylverReZ
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AncientBoi, Yeah, believe you can do PSP games as well. But a Pi5 is much powerful in comparison.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not sure about other models of Pi4 but the Pi 4 B with 8GBs OCed to 2Ghz handles PSP really great except like 1 game I found and it is playable it just looks bad lol Motor Storm Arctic something or other.
    Other games I can have turned up to like 2X and all kinds of enhancements, Motorstorm hmmm nope 1X and no enhancements lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Waiting for Anbernic's rg[whatever]SP price announcement, gimme.
    +1
    I will admit that one does seem more interesting than the usual Ambernic ones, and I already liked those.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I dread the price point.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This looks like one of their premium models, so... $150 :glare:
    +1
    To me that seems reasonable.
    I mean since basically all the games are errmmm free lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean yeah sure but the specs are the same as a $50 model, it's just those pesky "quality of life" things driving up the price, like an actually working speaker, or buttons that don't melt, and stuff like that.
    +1
    I think all in my Pi 4 was well north of 200 bucks 150ish for the Pi 4 the case the fancy cooler, then like 70 for the 500GB MicroSD then like 70 for the Xbox controller. But honestly it's a nice set up I really enjoy and to me was worth every penny. (even bought more controllers for 2 or 4 player games.) hmmm have never played any 2 player games yet :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah that's what I hate about the RPi, it's supposedly $30 or something but it takes an additional $200 of accessories to actually turn it into a working something.
    yes that's the expensive part lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean sure it's flexible and stuff but so is uremum but it's fiddly.
    Yeah a lot of it I consider a hobby, using Batocera I am constantly adjusting the collection adding and removing stuff, scraping the artwork. Haven't even started on some music for the theme... Also way down the road I am considering attempting to do a WiiFlow knock off lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I want everything served on a plate plz ktnx, "work" is too much work for me.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Hmm, with that in mind, maybe a complete out-the-box solution with all the games collected, pacthed and optimized for me would be worth $150 :unsure:
    Yeah it's all choice and that's a good thing :)
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    animal crossing new leaf 11pm music
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    avatars-kKKZnC8XiW7HEUw0-KdJMsw-t1080x1080.jpg
    wokey d pronouns
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    What its like to do online shopping in 1998: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwag5XE8oJo
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: What its like to do online shopping in 1998: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwag5XE8oJo