Hacking NS-Atmosphere Payload Injector (overview)

Rasa39

Pervert Deluxe
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So, there are many payload injectors on the market right now but the newest one as of now is named the “NS-Atmosphere” dongle.
You can find it available for purchase here: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...221.html?spm=2114.12010608.0.0.2e5c978eDL6cjl
There are other stores that have started to sell this dongle, however as far as I am aware BitFunx was the first store to stock this injector, and I know many other tempers have also ordered from BitFunx so we know it can be trusted, I just want to say be careful if you decide to order from any other store that stocked this dongle afterwards because you've got less of a guarantee of a good seller. (Oh and delivery was only 6 days to UK, standard shipping)
donglefront.jpg
Anyway, as expected the dongle works for any payload you want. You can swap between Hekate, ReiNX, SX OS and any other payload at will by using the programmer application that lets you flash the given payload to the dongle with just a couple of clicks. You can grab it from the official website here (direct link): http://www.ns-atmosphere.com/media/content/setup_ns-atmosphere_programmer_v03.zip
Manual Driver.PNG
writingpayload.PNG
For me the driver did not install automatically (flip power switch then double tap the reset button after connecting to usb), I had to install manually which worked fine after I disabled signature verification. Just reboot afterwards and it will enable verification again.Then I browsed to the latest ReiNX.bin and waited for it to write to the injector.
They do provide a .zip for different firmware versions which contains the files for your switch sd card, but those may be outdated, so I just stuck with the files I already had (latest ReiNX files for github) and flashed the reinx.bin included in those official files (the same .bin I used for tegraRCM).
payloadlaunch.jpg
boot2memecentral.jpg
The LED's change depending on what is going on inside the injector while it's connected to a pc, blue for power, green for full and red for write (payload as well as driver install)
Powerstates.jpg
It comes with a separate usb cable to connect it to a pc for injecting or updating the payload. I actually prefer this as it makes the dongle look much neater when compared to the other dongle that has a full usb connector sticking out from the other side that could break off. The jig fits nicely into the slot on the dongle, and glides smoothly into the rail in the switch to short pin 10 with pin 7, it has a solid feel to it and even a little sticker on the back.
back.jpg
jig.jpg
Right now, it is the cheapest dongle available on the market at about £12 ($15) but it looks much more professional than some of the other cheap injectors out there.
Another thing I noticed when shopping around and comparing the different injectors, is that this one has a 150mA battery, which BitFunx say will allow for 2000 injections over 60 days before needing a recharge. I know this might not be too much of a concern for some people, but the other cheap injectors only have a 60mA battery in them. So this one is going to last much longer between charges if you’re worried about that sort of thing.

I know some people have debated the size of this dongle, saying that it is too big and bulky but it really isn’t. If you compare it to the SX injector then yes, this one is bigger, but it’s only 7cm long which is about the size of a regular USB stick which makes it very easy to carry in your pocket or in the case with your switch.
size.jpg
And also remember that if you want the SX injector it costs $25, and we’ve already seen how people have received SX injectors with dead or dying capacitors which have proven annoying to replace. But as the NS-Atmosphere injector has a Li-Ion battery it should be easier to replace if the battery every need it. (not hating on SX, just saying for comparisions sake)

So yeah those are my thoughts of the ns-atmosphere dongle and I gotta say I'm very happy with it. Really glad I went with this one and not the translucent black one that seems quite popular, even if just for the look and feel of it.
Here's what the inside looks like
pcb.jpg
battery.jpg
Thanks for reading the ramblings of this nerd. I hope it was insightful/useful to someone.

You can find the download links for all the software and their own how-to guides at the website: http://www.ns-atmosphere.com/en/

Attachments

• back.jpg
    back.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 1,022
  • jig.jpg
    jig.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 1,096
Last edited by Rasa39,

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
i also bought it from the same one, but it's now $1 cheaper, i hope mine is ok.

someone else is selling it for $9.49

Nightflash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Very nice review, I ordered mine from BitFunx as well. Size is really not a big issue, I mean it looks neat, is easy to handle with its own windows program and is comparatively cheap on top of that!

Rasa39

Pervert Deluxe
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Very nice review, I ordered mine from BitFunx as well. Size is really not a big issue, I mean it looks neat, is easy to handle with its own windows program and is comparatively cheap on top of that!
Thank you, I'm glad you like it :)
It being neat and having it's own program were the main reason I opted for this one too.
I didn't really like the usb that stuck out the end of the other injector or the translucent black case. Although I know some people prefer the usb connector over a separate cable.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i also bought it from the same one, but it's now $1 cheaper, i hope mine is ok.

someone else is selling it for $9.49
Yeah they have been popping up for slightly cheaper in other stores, there's probably nothing to worry about but I thought I'd throw a warning in there about other sellers just in case. Since I and many others have gone with BitFunx, at least they can be trusted now (I mean, I got mine and it works great)

I was just assuming it's $15 though, since I am in the UK everything is in pounds sterling. So I just converted it to dollars myself.
I'd say you just got even more of a bargain, if you got it cheaper from the same store then that's great!

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
What does the top of the big microcontroller say? It's unreadable in the picture above. Needing an extra tool and driver to change payloads sounds like this is not the usual SAMD based dongle.

Rasa39

Pervert Deluxe
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What does the top of the big microcontroller say? It's unreadable in the picture above. Needing an extra tool and driver to change payloads sounds like this is not the usual SAMD based dongle.

The top of mine doesn't say anything, it seems like it has had the ID removed.
I took the image from someone on reddit but I cracked mine open and added my own images of the inside, which mine too has the ID removed.

Rasa39

Pervert Deluxe
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i bought one. it possible to load xecuter sx os and how ? i have sx pro.

Yeah you basically just do the same as I have, but instead of writing reiNX.bin you write the .bin for SXOS instead. The process is exactly the same regardless of what payload you want to use on the dongle.
(nvm this post, I didn't see kumikochan beat me to it haha)

Hell0_A8X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is a good dongle. Programming was fast and easy. Payloads launch no problem. You can replace the included Jig with your own if you already bought another. It will fit in the same slot on the launcher. This launcher is great.
BTW as far as i know, the first seller is abxgame.

Reactions: Albytrozz

nitrozz

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yeah you basically just do the same as I have, but instead of writing reiNX.bin you write the .bin for SXOS instead. The process is exactly the same regardless of what payload you want to use on the dongle.
(nvm this post, I didn't see kumikochan beat me to it haha)

so i need to write ‘payload.bin’ from xecuter sxos

Rasa39

Pervert Deluxe
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Rasa39
Oh, that's a shame. I guess they don't want us to know their secret lol Probably an even cheaper microcontroller than the SAMD.
Yeah I guess they're keeping us in the dark haha

so i need to write ‘payload.bin’ from xecuter sxos
If that is what is is called then yes, I don't have SXOS so I don't know the name of the payload. But given the name, it certainly sounds like that is the SXOS payload file, so just write that.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Looking at the board you posted, they can reduce it's size by half, there is so much empty space, i think i can park my car on one of those spaces.

Reactions: Albytrozz

Rasa39

Pervert Deluxe
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So, it's really wonderful, Althought I have purchased SX Pro from there,I still want to get more information about this one.
View attachment 141717
That means you can write any payload to the dongle from either of the current "cfw" that are available. Unlike the original sx pro.

Of course the sx gear allows you to write any payload.but not only is it more expensive it's less user friendly for battery replacement as has been mentioned.

But the sx gear is just TX's response to the growing market of alternative payload injectors. They want a slice of the pie but have reacted too late after their monopoly hasn't lasted so long (on injectors, xci is the only thing they have for sure that free users don't).

So now only sx fanboys are likely to be target demographic for the sx gear.

Last edited by Rasa39,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Z like Sunday morning