Not as bad as I thought.

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by floydo, Dec 21, 2010.

1. floydo
    OP

floydo GBAtemp Regular

Nov 1, 2010
    NSW, Australia
    So I played Kirby's Epic Yarn today and was really impressed with the attention to detail and the simple, but fun gameplay. I think the game has copped a lot of slack because people think it is too childish or too easy, but I am really enjoying the game so far and I love the music and beautiful levels. Is it just me, or did other people like it too?

2. Err0rist

Err0rist Member

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2009
    United States
    It got rated highly from what I remember.

I played it for a few hours.

3. floydo
    OP

floydo GBAtemp Regular

Nov 1, 2010
    NSW, Australia
    It probably did, I just remember people bitching about it =/ To be honest I would probably buy just about anything with kirby in it. lol =P

4. BORTZ

BORTZ Neighborhood Friendly

Global Moderator
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    agree. I would play just about anything with Kirby.
    The Kirby games are usually easy but beautiful and have very pleasing music.

5. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    Honestly, I haven't seen anyone give this game a bad rap. Well...because of the quilt-theme and the easiness, of course there will be people complaining about the lack of gore or it being "noob-friendly"...but those guys are probably busy playing black ops right now. Kirby, on the other hand, focuses on other groups of people. And it has to be said: if a game is quality, it does more than "just" cater to the targeted group. Kirby's epic yarn is a good example of that. I have to admit the theme is not really up my alley, but because it has co-op, and my girlfriend just LOVES it, we spent more fun time in this game than any other game (possibly with the exception of NSMBW).