Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Link5084 said:
How do you let WAD Manager download WiiWare/VC games directly to the SD Card and not the Wii Menu?
Currently there is no WAD manager utility that will install a WAD directly to the SD card for access via the Wii's SD Card Menu (anyone feel free to correct me if I'm behind the times on this). You will have to do it manually:
  • Install the WAD using any WAD manager to the Wii's NAND (This will install the title & ticket).
  • Use the Wii's channel management screen to move the title installed from the WAD to the Wii's SD card.
  • Run the title from the Wii's SD Card Menu (The Wii's System Menu IOS must be patched in order for the title to be run).
-[]D

Shel

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
If anyone can answer this or help me out I would be seriously grateful.

Okay, I just got a backup of the game Inazuma Eleven Strikers and been trying to run it with several loaders to no avail - with USB Loader GX and WiiFlow using IOS249 it instantly freezes at kick-off. The only one that has seemed to work is CFG with Hermes 222, 223 and 224 m-load - and even this messes up at times, the music (not sound effects) turn off, my controls stop working and eventually freezes. I have no clue on how to get this working and if there is anything I can do to fix this. I've updated IOS249 to d2x and I have the latest of Hermes cIOS. My system menu is 4.1E and the game is stored on a 8GB Apacer flash drive.

Thank you to whoever can help me.
smile.gif

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Generation 16 said:
So I was wondering, after I installed everything from the simple softmod guide, can I delete the IOS and cIOS wads?
Keep the ones for the channels (if there are any) in case you ever want to uninstall them, but you can delete any IOS, cIOS, cMIOS, and System Menu wads since you won't (and shouldn't) uninstall them.

Akotan

Mathematical!
Trophies
Website
www.viciocriativo.com
XP
Country
Brazil
I have uLoader 5.1E installed on my Wii and tried to play Monster Hunter Tri, without success.
And began to wonder if the cIOS 222, 223 and 224 are needing update. Does uLoader automatically install all these cIOS? Is there a way to know if the cIOS need updating?

erix

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
I have a NTSC console (LU342148989) running software 4.2U. The Wii is modded with Wasabi modchip. I do have homebrew channel installed.

I haven't ketp up with scene for over 2 years now, but now I'd like to catch up with some games and so I want to get the wii up and running but there's so much new stuff going on that I already got lost.
Therefore I got a question:

What excatly do I need to download , install ( softs , mods , loaders etc) in order to be able to play all games using external storage with no problem / danger ?
Also , I'd like to be able to install VC/WiiWare content which worked for me a few years ago but doesn't anymore.
I would be thankful if You could provide some information , instructions , links or so

thanks a lot , your help is very much appreciated !

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Akotan said:
I have uLoader 5.1E installed on my Wii and tried to play Monster Hunter Tri, without success.
And began to wonder if the cIOS 222, 223 and 224 are needing update. Does uLoader automatically install all these cIOS? Is there a way to know if the cIOS need updating?
Install 223[38+37]v4 with this installer and run MH3 with it.

Timic83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
when, where?
biggrin.gif

also, i read this in the new to modding guide
"If you have a very new Wii & it fails to run DVD backups, you may have a drive with the new D3-2 chipset. They are incapable of reading dvd's of any sort. It can still pla games via USB loaders with a hard drive or external USB DVD Drive."

usb dvd drive? where can i pick one of these up that works on wii, my wii's disc drive is in the shit. also, will this let me run gc backups if i get ext dvd drive

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Timic83 said:
when, where?
biggrin.gif

also, i read this in the new to modding guide
"If you have a very new Wii & it fails to run DVD backups, you may have a drive with the new D3-2 chipset. They are incapable of reading dvd's of any sort. It can still pla games via USB loaders with a hard drive or external USB DVD Drive."

usb dvd drive? where can i pick one of these up that works on wii, my wii's disc drive is in the shit. also, will this let me run gc backups if i get ext dvd drive
Honestly, I would get a USB hard drive, you will end up paying less or the same amount as for the external DVD drive, and USB loading is a thousand times better than disc loading. You won't be able to play gamecube games with either method though.

Spongeroberto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bhutan
I just switched from 480i to 480p (with hdmi adapter) and I am getting a weird issue with my usb loader (im using cfg loader).

Sometimes when I run the usb forwarder channel (the universal one that comes with ModMii) I will get a strange distorted noise-looking image when the cfg splash screen is supposed to show. This depends on what game I played last. The funny thing is, if I load up the homebrew channel and start up cfg loader manually, everything works fine.

It's always with the same games that this happens so I suspect it's a video mode issue. Any ideas? It's quite annoying because I have to disable the return-to-channel feature to avoid locking up my Wii.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Spongeroberto said:
I just switched from 480i to 480p (with hdmi adapter) and I am getting a weird issue with my usb loader (im using cfg loader).

Sometimes when I run the usb forwarder channel (the universal one that comes with ModMii) I will get a strange distorted noise-looking image when the cfg splash screen is supposed to show. This depends on what game I played last. The funny thing is, if I load up the homebrew channel and start up cfg loader manually, everything works fine.

It's always with the same games that this happens so I suspect it's a video mode issue. Any ideas? It's quite annoying because I have to disable the return-to-channel feature to avoid locking up my Wii.
Try this one. It's a compilation of a couple forwarders, so it has the benefits of IOS58 and the awesome banner/sound/icon of another forwarder.

Spongeroberto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bhutan
Hmm it's the same.

But I notice that I can switch my screen's source to something else then back to hdmi and the problem will be fixed. All in all, just a slight inconvenience.

Unless I can set cfg loader itself to always run in 480p mode?

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Spongeroberto said:
Hmm it's the same.

But I notice that I can switch my screen's source to something else then back to hdmi and the problem will be fixed. All in all, just a slight inconvenience.

Unless I can set cfg loader itself to always run in 480p mode?
Is your Wii set to use 480p? Go into system settings and check/

Spongeroberto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bhutan
Yes, it is. It is (I think) the only setting that works with the hdmi adapter. I tried setting it to 60Hz for giggles and I had to find a tv to connect it to to set it back to 480p.

Tigro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
In the guide, under "required", there is (regarding Smash Bros. exploit): "Super Smash Bros. Brawl (NTSC)". So I can't use the PAL version of the game? Or it's just some old information? There are files for PAL after that so I'm quite confused..

Edit: Mkay, found the answer that PAL is fine. If anyone could confirm, just to strengthen my calmness, I would be grateful, though
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No those are just incoming calls +1