Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@raiderscrusade

Use MMM to install and patch IOS36.
Install .wad files with the wad manager in MMM.

_acid_ said:
is it possible to copy your gamesaves of games u can't normally copy the data like mario kart?

Yes, the Remove NoCopy Protection in priiloader hacks should do it.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
raiderscrusade said:
How can I install WiiWare game wads that I have downloaded?

Specifically Pearl Harbor Trilogy 1941: Red Sun Rising.
Using Wad Manager by waninkoko...!!
smile.gif

dcramps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a launch unit running 3.2U with an original WiiKey running whatever firmware was required for Brawl to work (Sorry, I haven't had my Wii since last summer, and I'm not sure where to find out what the WiiKey firmware is).

I'd rather softmod and play my backups from a hard drive. I haven't been around the modding scene for a couple of years now, so I'm not sure what my options are. Should I disable/remove my WiiKey, or is it safe to just leave it in there, update to newest firmware, and go from there?

Painguy

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
two quick questions

1. I want load virtual console games from the sd menu, but i need nand emulation right? can i have a link describing how to do this?

2. Now that 4.3 is out i need to update my channels to get on the wi shop channel, but i need the channel updater. ummmm possible link?
tongue.gif

thx in advance

a3HeadedMonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've just hacked my Wii. I ran hackmii, installed bootmii & the HBC, made a NAND backup, removed the stub IOS's, restored the trucha bug & installed cIOS 249 & 250 as well as Hermes cIOS 202, 222 & 223.

I think I'm pretty much done apart from setting up my USB backup launcher. My question is this; Have I missed anything out? any important IOS/cIOS's I need to install? Do I need to follow the "update" section of the softmod guide if I already have firmware 4.2?

Thanks!!

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Which of the two sticky guides is preferred? Are there any resulting differences between the two?

Also, will I need a copy of Zelda / Brawl or anything when following the guides?
I don't recall seeing anything, but then again my eyes are facked up. -.-

Thanks!

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@raiser
NUS AUto downloader - you use a program on your computer to get the required files and generate a readme to mod your wii.

Modify any wii \ simplistic mod - Download the file by emailing the auto-bot, transfer the files to sd and follow the instructions on the page.

it doesnt really matter which one you use.

@a3headedmonkey

Priiloader is good brick protection plus it has hacks for the system menu. Use it.

Painguy said:
two quick questions

1. I want load virtual console games from the sd menu, but i need nand emulation right? can i have a link describing how to do this?
Install a patched IOS70. Look here ( you are on 4.2 right )

2. Now that 4.3 is out i need to update my channels to get on the wi shop channel, but i need the channel updater. ummmm possible link?
tongue.gif

Use WiiSCU to update the shop channel

Painguy

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Riley said:
@raiser
NUS AUto downloader - you use a program on your computer to get the required files and generate a readme to mod your wii.

Modify any wii \ simplistic mod - Download the file by emailing the auto-bot, transfer the files to sd and follow the instructions on the page.

it doesnt really matter which one you use.

@a3headedmonkey

Priiloader is good brick protection plus it has hacks for the system menu. Use it.

Painguy said:
two quick questions

Install a patched IOS70. Look here ( you are on 4.2 right )

tongue.gif

Use WiiSCU to update the shop channel

thx for the help. WiiSCU worked, but i already installed IOS70 patched a while ago, and it neer worked. ill try again, but is there any other solution?

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@painguy
If you dont install a patched system menu IOS you will not be able to do it. After install you can goto data management and copy them to sd there.

wootbeers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can you save copies of games that are on the wii's external harddrive? I tried just simply connecting the harddrive to my pc but it won't open unless it formats it.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wootbeers said:
How can you save copies of games that are on the wii's external harddrive? I tried just simply connecting the harddrive to my pc but it won't open unless it formats it.
Your external hard drive is probably formatted in WBFS then. You'll need to get a WBFS manager (check the Wii - Backup Loaders section) which can read and extract games from WBFS hard drives.

andisart

Trophies
XP
Country
hello everyone here
smile.gif

I have a noob question hehe. ok here it goes:

After hacking a Wii successfully I understand that automatic system updates should be disabled in your Wii menu to avoid new Nintendo updates to kill your hacking.
Now, I think I remember that I had a game once that updated my Wii system because it wasnt up to date with what the game needed ( the game in question: Super Mario Galaxy 1).

Is this correct that games update your system too?
If so, do I have to be careful inserting games into my Wii that are released AFTER I hacked the system?

thanks!

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
andisart said:
hello everyone here
smile.gif

I have a noob question hehe. ok here it goes:

After hacking a Wii successfully I understand that automatic system updates should be disabled in your Wii menu to avoid new Nintendo updates to kill your hacking.
Now, I think I remember that I had a game once that updated my Wii system because it wasnt up to date with what the game needed ( the game in question: Super Mario Galaxy 1).

Is this correct that games update your system too?
If so, do I have to be careful inserting games into my Wii that were released AFTER I hacked the system?
Just load the games you bought through whatever backup loader that you use (It should be Neogamma). As for the online updates, those aren't automatic. The Wii will always ask you before updating.

andisart

Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for your reply Gordinio.

I'm using USB Loader GX.
So if I load the game through the USB loader it will not apply any updates?

What in the case I borrow a retail copy off of a friend and want to make a copy using the USB loader, hence have to insert the disc.

Or what if I just want to play the retail version through the regular disc channel?

Do games actually apply updates to the Wii system?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
andisart said:
thanks for your reply Gordinio.

I'm using USB Loader GX.
So if I load the game through the USB loader it will not apply any updates?

What in the case I borrow a retail copy off of a friend and want to make a copy using the USB loader, hence have to insert the disc.

Or what if I just want to play the retail version through the regular disc channel?

Do games actually apply updates to the Wii system?
They only apply the updates if you load them through the system menu. Just load the discs through the disc option in USB Loader GX.

wimu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
About Smash Brawl? This may be a good place to ask, i want to buy the reatil game to launch Homebrew but i read somewhere that new copies of it have the exploid fixed. Is this true cuz i don wanna buy Lego Indiana Jones.
By the way my Wii is NTSC-U.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yummy yummy :rofl2: