Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

charlieg

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nobody answered my question about the guide i found so maybe i could try it myself but, what is my brick protection if i have only Bootmii installed as IOS ?

rudemir

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
A friend of mine borrowed my Wii for a couple of months so I haven't really keep it up to date. I'm wondering what would be my best options.

I have a Wii key 1.9G and 3.1E what should I update to?

papavader

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Forget this one. I had to use the hackmii for 4.2, for some reason this one worked instead of the 4.1 version...

QUOTE said:
ok this one is a wierd one. For some reason, when I tried to install startpatchmod, it deinstalles my boot2 installation of bootmii.
mad.gif

Now, when I try to relaunch bannerbomb to reinstall it, the hack does not work anymore. Is there a way to reinstall bootmii as boot2 from the homebrew channel?

Forgot to add, I'm on 4.1u Cios rev 14

ItsXamot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you guys are awesome

i successfully re-softmodded my wii from 3.4U to 4.1U

thanks a lot! hopefully i can start answering some questions now that i have some idea of the procedure and questions that might arise

smile.gif

The Pink Gato

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
papavader said:
ok this one is a wierd one. For some reason, when I tried to install startpatchmod, it deinstalles my boot2 installation of bootmii.
mad.gif

Now, when I try to relaunch bannerbomb to reinstall it, the hack does not work anymore. Is there a way to reinstall bootmii as boot2 from the homebrew channel?

Forgot to add, I'm on 4.1u Cios rev 14

As far as I know, you can't install Bootmii under the homebrew channel.

Try removing the bannerbomb files and replace them from the Bannerbomb homepage:
Bannerbomb

or use Preloader or Priiloader (notice the two i's, Priiloader is a mod of Preloader continued my a different creator)

To get Priiloader or Preloader, go to Wiibrew.org and search on the site.

~modmystuff~

ultaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hey guys, i cant go into "Wii Settings", i heard this happened when my Wii its semi-bricked.

My console its NTSC J.

Is it true i can get back my "Wii Settings" function again once i change back the default region which its Japan?..

Does AnyRegion Changer work on my 4.x firmware?...

I just need to chg to "AREA" to Japan, then it should work rite?..

Btw, this won't mess up my NeoGamma rite?.. as i used it to play my backup games.

Cheers
smile.gif

kushty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
longtom1 said:
you need to get mios patcher and install that make sure you install v8 but remember to press X on the gamecube pad to enable backup launcher support

http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/gamecube

Yea I've done that and tried wiigator, gcbackup and neogamma. They all attempt to read the disc and then just do nothing.

I've tried burning a different, Wii verified gamecube image to rule that out and that doesn't work either. Arghh, this is really annoying. I've modded my wii, patched the mIOS apparently and everything else works.

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
SOS-Rens said:
Dvd read error after playing Original game
I'm using NeoGamma R8 Beta12 with cIOS 249
Somebody said that i must reinstall it but after that the
same error comes Please help me

(my patched NSMB is working great and my other games not
frown.gif
)

~SOS~
If you reinstalled ios249 rev15 you will get errors reinstall ios249 rev14 to get back compatability

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
kushty said:
longtom1 said:
you need to get mios patcher and install that make sure you install v8 but remember to press X on the gamecube pad to enable backup launcher support

http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/gamecube

Yea I've done that and tried wiigator, gcbackup and neogamma. They all attempt to read the disc and then just do nothing.

I've tried burning a different, Wii verified gamecube image to rule that out and that doesn't work either. Arghh, this is really annoying. I've modded my wii, patched the mIOS apparently and everything else works.
You got punked with ios249 rev15 does the drive sound like it goes every 4 to 5 seconds and just wont load go back to ios249 rev14 and see if that dont fix it

KuRensan

aka Pearbook
Trophies
Website
intheseaofclouds.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
cobleman said:
SOS-Rens said:
Dvd read error after playing Original game
I'm using NeoGamma R8 Beta12 with cIOS 249
Somebody said that i must reinstall it but after that the
same error comes Please help me

(my patched NSMB is working great and my other games not
frown.gif
)

~SOS~
If you reinstalled ios249 rev15 you will get errors reinstall ios249 rev14 to get back compatability

I reinstalled Rev 14 :S not rev 15

The Pink Gato

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ultaman said:
Hey guys, i cant go into "Wii Settings", i heard this happened when my Wii its semi-bricked.

My console its NTSC J.

Is it true i can get back my "Wii Settings" function again once i change back the default region which its Japan?..

Does AnyRegion Changer work on my 4.x firmware?...

I just need to chg to "AREA" to Japan, then it should work rite?..

Btw, this won't mess up my NeoGamma rite?.. as i used it to play my backup games.

Cheers
smile.gif

Is it true that I can get back my "Wii Settings" function again once I change back the default region, which is Japan?
Answer: Most likely, Yes.

Does AnyRegion Changer work on my 4.x firmware?
Answer: Yes, but... Do not turn off your Wii during the process! And Make Sure That You Hit Reboot When You Selected Those Settings.

I just need to change AREA to Japan, then it should work right?..
Answer: No. You have to also select the language for your System Menu to match the Area. If not, you can get a semi-brick!

BTW, will this mess up my NeoGamma? I use it to play my backup games.
Answer: As long as you don't downgrade your System Menu, you should be fine.

I hope that answered all of your questions.

~modmystuff~

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
why the fuck is it so unpheasable to people that we have a fully enabled 3.3 and ALL WE FUCKING NEED IS A HACKS>INI AT WIIBREW.ORG IN DOCUMENTQATION FORM HELLLLLLOOOOOO

and we would all be saved from a 400 fucking page thread that google leads us to when simply inputting the query:

3.3 hacks.ini

FOR GOD SAKES SAVE US SOME TIME:

i dont charge ANYONE to softmod there console and if it were MY CHOICE i WOULD upgrade it so dont even fkn go there you asshole newbs and people like trush im not in the mood atm.....

My simple question is this and idd like a TECHNICAL ANSWER PLEASE

why is NO hacks.ini in DOCUMENTED existance CASE AND POINT:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Preloader/hacks

not ONLY 3.3 biut the other FW we have not documented???? why do people act like its impossible to run 3.3 I HAVE ALL THE BACKUP LOADER SHIT WORKING SWIMINGLY but the one issue is YOU CANNOT SKIP DISK UPDATES this makes this otherwise fully functional softmod (my 223 softmod mind you and yes i keep track
wink.gif
ijn a notebook if you must know!)

DOES ANYONE HAVE THE VALUES FOR 3.3U AND IF SO WOULD YOU PLEASE SHARE THEM IN A PM WITH ME OR ANY OTHERS NOT LISTED AT WIIBREW SO THAT I MIGHT UPDATE THIS AND SAVE GBATEMP FROM REDICULOUSLY UN-NECCECARY 400 PAGE GOOGLE SEARCH RESULTS BECAUSE WHO THE FUCK HEWRE IS GONNA READ ALL 4oo PAGES!!! FUCK SAKES MAN!!!!

if this seems like a impatient post out of frustration then ive got my point across .....

are you kidding people???

WE WOULDNT NEED SUCH A MASSSIVE ASS THREAD IF WE DOCUMENTED THE THINGS WE CAN DOCUMENT AT THE GOD DAMN WIKI THE WHOLE SCENE USES AT WIIBREW!!!!!

unless there is some technical reason we cannot obtain these values (im lookin into that feel free to enlighten me if my frustrated attitude displeases you tell on a TECHNICAL LEVEL why in the fuck its not already on wiibrew (I dont wanna hear your shit about i need to upgrade and i certainly am not going to downgrade any time soon i do read up before i post and i realize that its common place in this scene (unlike the dreamcast xbox or psp scenes) to NOT BOTHER to make PROPER documentation i wish XzXero wrote all the read me files so at least it were PROPER documentation i mean wtf is with this scene any god damn way?

A very frustrated vettacossx who has been right here since tetris was released for the twilight hack modding....hacking....rewading...contributing to hacking the system menu.....and yet im sure there will be plenty of pissy responses thats fine....but someone for christ sakes with a brain like wiipower prefereably can you PLEASE explain to me wtf a hacks.ini is STILLLL not posted and if i DUMP the data froma 3.3 what where will the values for skipping disk update on 3.3u reside?
how do i get them?? THANKS

ultaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
modmystuff said:
Is it true that I can get back my "Wii Settings" function again once I change back the default region, which is Japan?
Answer: Most likely, Yes.

Does AnyRegion Changer work on my 4.x firmware?
Answer: Yes, but... Do not turn off your Wii during the process! And Make Sure That You Hit Reboot When You Selected Those Settings.

I just need to change AREA to Japan, then it should work right?..
Answer: No. You have to also select the language for your System Menu to match the Area. If not, you can get a semi-brick!

BTW, will this mess up my NeoGamma? I use it to play my backup games.
Answer: As long as you don't downgrade your System Menu, you should be fine.

I hope that answered all of your questions.

~modmystuff~
Thanks for the reply.

Anyways, i fixed it before i got my replies here.. lol

Luckily someone at YouTube.com posted a all-in-one rar file for let me to change my region.

Once i got that file, i just replaced it to latest AnyRegionChanger which its 1.1b and chg it to boot.dol

Than i loaded it up using my 8mb SDcard.. yes.. 8megabyte.. lol and use HomeBrewChannel to load it up and..

WaaaLAH!.. it works!.. just by change its "AREA", even the ARC its smart enough to detect my "AREA" its set wrong.. lol

Cheers
smile.gif

Bananafun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I updated the firmware on my wii a while ago and my GAMECUBE action replay stopped working on my wii. I installed homebrew channel with smashstack but I couldn't downgrade my wii because whenever I tried to install a custom IOS on the homebrew channel from an SD card, my screen turned black and I had to unplug my wii to turn it off. My version of wii is 4.2U. What the hell is wrong?

charlieg

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

I have another problem, i want to sign my IOS60 to play WAD from the SD Card Menu, i did it with DOP-IOS i reinstalled sign hash IOS60 but when i open my SD Card Menu, it stop searching and it crash .. then i cannot use my SD Card Menu .. should i sign my IOS60 with Trucha Bug Restorer ?

and another question .. Hermes cIOS222/223 is it only for Uloader or can i use it on Neogamma R8 Beta 15 ? i installed Hermes cIOS because of the compatibility with Rock Band and Guitar Hero instruments .. i already had Waninkoko's cIOS rev14

Thank You

tlovij

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently have a 4.2u system menu wii. It was 4.2u before I followed the patching process.
I have used bannerbomb to install bootmii and HBC as shown in the stickied "Fully Softmod any Wii" thread: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=168890

I then created a NAND backup.

After this, I tried the remainder of the steps in the above thread as well as well as the stickied "Modify any Wii 4.2 and Below" thread: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901
Between each installs I restored my NAND backup and started over.

I have just restored NAND again and reformatted my card (but keeping the bootmii directory and my NAND backup of course)

The problem I am having is as follows:
Regardless of which disc loader I use, the Wii recognizes which disc it is, but upon launch it reports that the game disc "can't be read". Occasionally, removing and reinserting the disc up to 5-10 times will cause the game to run. Last night I got a patched version of New Super Mario Brothers to work by ejecting and reinserting my two copies of the disc alternatively, one patched and one not patched. (I didn't label them so I dont know which one worked)

My question to you, my friends, is what method can I follow that will guarantee disc loading to work?

Other info:
The media I am using is TDK DVD+R. I'm not sure what to look up to give more information.
I don't have a device that has enough storage to do USB loading.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...