Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rolloverminutes said:
Please help. ok I have a wii 4.2 and upgraded it with bannerbomb v2. I followed the instructions on how to soft mod it, so I used the trabucha restorer, deleter etc. I use to be able to play backed up games but when I played skate it, it froze. I use NeoGamma R7 and now whenever I load a game, backed up or a bought copy, I get a dvd error 1101.

Someone please help me as I have little siblings who use the wii and I feel like a failure.

please help?? haha

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
rolloverminutes said:
rolloverminutes said:
Please help. ok I have a wii 4.2 and upgraded it with bannerbomb v2. I followed the instructions on how to soft mod it, so I used the trabucha restorer, deleter etc. I use to be able to play backed up games but when I played skate it, it froze. I use NeoGamma R7 and now whenever I load a game, backed up or a bought copy, I get a dvd error 1101.

Someone please help me as I have little siblings who use the wii and I feel like a failure.

please help?? haha

Wii DVD reader's lens fail?

meleshanna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PabloACZ said:
meleshanna said:
Already done, I attached the log in the post above.

EDIT AGAIN:

So, out of curiosity, I clicked "check boot2 info" under trucha bug restorer, it said I had version 4, but If i updated to 4.2 via wifi, that the boot 2 would say that, and not to judge it by that if it's the case. Not exact words, butt. So does that mean i have to downgrade boot2 or something... or did me updating make it impossible to have a fully functioning bootmii? :/ I'm sort of confused.

There's not an app that does such a thing... I thought BootMii can be installed on Boot2v4 if the Boot1 version is an old one? My Wii is a LU54 and I have BootMii installed as Boot2 without any prob, though... Maybe someone else can help you.

i have no idea then. i just found it quite strange that bootmii doesn't show up. I've had starfall and preloader previously installed though, so could that be why?(not at the same time ofc)

EDIT:
I just read through a whole bunch of posts/faqs. I'm guessing it's my SD card. (transcend 4gb) I'm about to use my Kodak 2gb and see if that works.

rolloverminutes

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PabloACZ said:
rolloverminutes said:
rolloverminutes said:

please help?? haha

Wii DVD reader's lens fail?
Is there a way I can clean it or something?? Or should I just use usb

therealssjlink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FoolishDreamer said:
Does somebody know why when I try to play baten kaitos on my softmodded wii all the subtitles are replaced with some strange @@MOVIE_DATA010@@?

I am having a similar issue with the game "Nyxquest".
I am running on system 4.2J (not sure if the region matters).

Also, I am having an issue with Doc Louis' Punch-Out! the game loads but it comes up a black screen and I have to manually turn the wii off with the power button.

One last question (about DLC). If I already have pre-existing DLC and I try to install a DLC WAD would that screw things up? Do I need to transfer the previous DLC to my SD Card or delete it?

DarK_HumOuR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
hello

im lost in space..
unsure.gif

i have wiikey, i m in 3.2E and till now i can play everything i want.

is there a reason to go to 4.1 or 4.2?

am i miss something?

im noob with no good english and everything i did until now to patch my wii was so painful, because of my bad english..
frown.gif

now i see all of you upgrade to 4.1 or 4.2 and i dont know what to do.

is there a simple way to upgrade my wii? or i have to lost again among cIOS-patches-utilities-errors etc?
frown.gif

is it better to wait for a simple homebrew utility that updates my wii "on the fly" instead of follow all of these tutorials that confuses me?

dont know.. pls help
frown.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
DarK_HumOuR said:
hello

im lost in space..
unsure.gif

i have wiikey, i m in 3.2E and till now i can play everything i want.

is there a reason to go to 4.1 or 4.2?

am i miss something?

im noob with no good english and everything i did until now to patch my wii was so painful, because of my bad english..
frown.gif

now i see all of you upgrade to 4.1 or 4.2 and i dont know what to do.

is there a simple way to upgrade my wii? or i have to lost again among cIOS-patches-utilities-errors etc?
frown.gif

is it better to wait for a simple homebrew utility that updates my wii "on the fly" instead of follow all of these tutorials that confuses me?

dont know.. pls help
frown.gif
If you say everything works and you don't need the SD card menu, stay with 3.2

The 4.2 safe updater is possibly the most "on the fly" thing you'll find.

knuj_on

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tis the Season to be N**Bish, tra la la la la la la …

With Christmas coming I have been Googling and using advanced search for about a week now without any definitive answers. My kids friends have seen USBLoader in action so I think I am going to have lots of visits starting boxing day.

1) How is SmashStack Pal & Japanese coming along ? (There is just time before Christmas for a 4.3 with a Zelda style Indiana Pwns block and banerbomb Vn2 to be blocked. As SSSB is not a save game exploit it will be a lot harder to block so should have a longer life)

2) Is there a tool that allows the Zelda save game block to be removed ? (At the moment I have a “spare” console with a nand backup just to play Zelda on, but the kids friends have “accidentally” updated it 5 times now. If a game comes out that forces a 4.2 update then I would need to buy another second hand machine)

3) How do you identify a drive that can not play backups with a softmod ? (Does it involve dis-assembly, or is there a homebrew for this)

4) If the drive can not pay backups with a softmod, is this Wii only or does it apply to Gamecube as well ? (I know the current wisdom is that you can’t play GameCube backups off a hard drive so the only way to play some of the very rare games is from a backup. Also, over time, the drives get less able to handle the smaller disks so having it on a full size DVD is sometimes advantageous even if you have found a real copy)

5) Anybody know of a link to a set of pictures of the latest potting on a retail Wii (and possibly a guide) so I can show people exactly what is involved in fitting a mod chip to a new Wii ? (rather than buying a second hand one without the potting)

bcass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'd like to update the menu system on my NTSC-U Wii so I can use SD cards larger than 2GB (and also be able to play WiiWare/VC games off SD card). It's fully soft-moded and is currently at 3.2U. Could someone please let me know which version I need to update to, where to find a tutorial on how to do it, and what the ramifications would be of updating (eg - would I lose any functionality related to my current moded status)? Thanks in advance for any help.

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
PabloACZ said:
Adr990 said:
Heya,

I have a quick question.

What is the difference between a Stubbed IOS and a IOS (correctly installed)?

Thanks!

Adr990

To my knowledge, the main difference is that you can't run any code from a stubbed IOS (homebrew, etc.), including the System Menu (that's why there are so many bricks by installing a stubbed version of the IOS 60 [v6400, to be exact]). Obviously, you can do this when using a functional IOS. For example, you can test this by loading WAD Manager under stubs IOS like 4, 10 of those ones from the new 4.2 update (222, 223, 249 and 250). The WiiMote will stop working and there won't be any other solution than hard reset the Wii.
Thanks man.
wink.gif

That cleared stuff up.
smile.gif

canniengui

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I'm trying to scrub out the second layer of Smash Bros Brawl (the layer with movies) but no matter how I try, they turn out to be 7.9gb

untitled.jpg

What should I do?

EDIT: Trying to make a DVD5 version here, since I can't get any DL DVD at where I live
frown.gif

Ancalagon1989

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Today I tried to start a game via USB Loader and got an Error 002.
Now the Wii won't boot on startup and there's only a black screen.
I had preloader installed, but not bootmii.
I tried the LCUD v4 but the screen stays black.
Can anybody help me/tell me what I can do about it?
Or am I f****d?

PS: I have 4.0E and a WiiKey
PS2: I updated all IOS via PimpMyWii before launching the Game (USBloader)

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bcass said:
I'd like to update the menu system on my NTSC-U Wii so I can use SD cards larger than 2GB (and also be able to play WiiWare/VC games off SD card). It's fully soft-moded and is currently at 3.2U. Could someone please let me know which version I need to update to, where to find a tutorial on how to do it, and what the ramifications would be of updating (eg - would I lose any functionality related to my current moded status)? Thanks in advance for any help.
stay at 3.2 just use nand emulation and install vc/wii on your HDD. if you really want to use sdhc update at least to 4.0 system menu or higher. since you had softmoded your wii already, i am sure you are aware on using DOP-IOS or NUSD to update your ios. system menu 4.0/4.1 uses ios60. system menu 4.2 uses ios70.

kurosaki00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have version 4.2
and tried and failed to do the guide for soft moding it
I want to clean what I did (my wii works perfectly, just want to try something else perhaps)
even though I am in 4.2 if I update will it erase all I tried to do?
u know the trucha mod n stuff?

bcass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
razorback78 said:
bcass said:
stay at 3.2 just use nand emulation and install vc/wii on your HDD. if you really want to use sdhc update at least to 4.0 system menu or higher. since you had softmoded your wii already, i am sure you are aware on using DOP-IOS or NUSD to update your ios. system menu 4.0/4.1 uses ios60. system menu 4.2 uses ios70.
Thanks for the reply. I didn't realise that NAND emulation was now fully functional. Currently, my Wii HDD is fully formatted to WBFS. Do I need a FAT32 partition in order to install/run WADs from the HDD? Also, is there a single loader channel that can load WADs and ISOs from the HDD?

jryanvt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am using usb loader gx but some of my titles are a little off and i haven't figured out how to edit/fix them. i found that i should probably be using wiitdb.zip, but i don't know if i am supposed to put that file somewhere on my sd card. any help would be appreciated. thanks.

TehGorunt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two problems: I can't play Wii backups on the disc channel nor the Backup Launcher even with the 002 fix. The other problem is with my Gamecube game. I start it on the disc channel (not a backup) and I can't see crap. ONLY the sound works. I checked the cables and stuff, it's just the Wii. When I go back to the Wii Menu, everything works fine. The only time I can play a regular Gamecube game is going to Gamecube Backup Launcher, wait for an error, and everything works fine.

-NOOBISH MOMENT COMING- I have a 3.2U Wii with Homebrew Channel, Preloader, and cIOSCorp. NO modchip. I installed cIOSCorp a while back. Accidently, I went to the cIOSCorp Installer again.
wacko.gif
Then the Wii powered down. I heard that if you power down during a cIOSCorp installation, your Wii is bricked. But, no one said anything about already installing it then do it again but this time the power has to go down.
sleep.gif
So my Wii isn't bricked or semi-bricked. Everything is fine except those two problems. Settings work, Homebrew works, Preloader works, regular games work, gamecube backup launcher works. So ya. I had nothing to do better so I just installed cIOSCorp again. Nothing changed, and by that I mean I still have the same problems. Oh, and also I think some WiiWare games are broken too. But that was before and after. I think only the WiiWare wads that are installed don't work. Not really screwed except for the gamecube part but whatever.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ