Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

transam81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey i finished a very simple Wii mod. today and im running the 4.1U firmware.

Just a few minutes ago i tried playing Original Wii Sports Resort. The prob is that the Disc channel says i need to update my firmware. so that i can play the game. Does any 1 have any recommendations on what i can do so that i can play Wii Sports Resort again, i was playing it before running Simple Mod.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
transam81 said:

Just a few minutes ago i tried playing Original Wii Sports Resort. The prob is that the Disc channel says i need to update my firmware. so that i can play the game. Does any 1 have any recommendations on what i can do so that i can play Wii Sports Resort again, i was playing it before running Simple Mod.

Get preloader, enable skip disc update hack, enjoy.

transam81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
transam81 said:

Thank you! This worked and Wii Sports Resort plays now.

transam81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
transam81 said:
nabster92 said:
transam81 said:

Thank you! This worked and Wii Sports Resort plays now.

I some how created another prob, Ooops, guess I'm just working out the bugs here. I just tried running The Homebrew Browser now that my game works again, I thought I'd turn my focus to other stuff. The prob is that The HomeBrew Browser couldn't initialize the network, is there another setting i should change in the preloader?

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit your posts!

Ok i have a new problem. when i go to install IOS36, it says getting IOS36 revision 3094. i tell it to load from the card and it gives me errors about finding it. But i can tell it to get them from the internet for me right?

Prizesinferno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick Question. Is it possible to have the Wii setup to boot directly into USB Loader GX. Meaning, i turn the Wii on and it is immediately opened to USB Loader GX, and if that is not possible, is it possible to have the Wii load directly into the Homebrew Channel.

Launch Wii
Running SM 4.0 Wii
Preloader .29 and Bootmii Installed
Homebrew Channel 1.03

Thanks!

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
transam81 said:
I some how created another prob, Ooops, guess I'm just working out the bugs here. I just tried running The Homebrew Browser now that my game works again, I thought I'd turn my focus to other stuff. The prob is that The HomeBrew Browser couldn't initialize the network, is there another setting i should change in the preloader?

Uhh, I don't think it should be a preloader problem. Did you check to make sure your internet connection is set up properly to begin with? If that's not it, try downloading a fresh .dol of the most recent homebrew browser and using that.

BortzANATOR said:
Edit your posts!

Ok i have a new problem. when i go to install IOS36, it says getting IOS36 revision 3094. i tell it to load from the card and it gives me errors about finding it. But i can tell it to get them from the internet for me right?

By telling it to load from the card you are explicitly telling it NOT to get it from the internet. You have to tell it to download from NUS if you want it to download it using the internet (provided you have your Wii connected to the internet).

QUOTE(Prizesinferno @ Oct 3 2009, 07:44 PM)
Quick Question. Is it possible to have the Wii setup to boot directly into USB Loader GX. Meaning, i turn the Wii on and it is immediately opened to USB Loader GX, and if that is not possible, is it possible to have the Wii load directly into the Homebrew Channel.

Launch Wii
Running SM 4.0 Wii
Preloader .29 and Bootmii Installed
Homebrew Channel 1.03

Thanks!

If you already have bootmii and preloader installed you have everything you need already. Bootmii installed as boot2 has an option to autoboot to either the HBC or to the system menu. Preloader can autoboot anything. So you can have bootmii autoboot to the system menu which will boot preloader, and then set preloader to autoboot USB Loader GX.

To do it, put the .dol file of USB Loader GX on the root of your SD card, then in the preloader settings, go to install file and select that .dol and then go to the settings and tell it to autoboot file instead of the system menu or whatever it's set to.

To set bootmii to autoboot the system menu, you can use the bootmii configuration editor (I link it somewhere in the boot2 section of the bootmii part of my guide) or you can just manually edit the bootmii.ini file with textpad or something.

altaris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2 questions here:

1. When first softmodding the wii for the first time, will there be any problems using a micro sd with an adapter? I've seen posts about how people had no problem using microsd for stuff after the modding, but never anything about it before modding.
2. After softmodding and installing USB Loader, will there be any problems playing PAL/JP region games?

Thanks.

transam81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
altaris said:
2 questions here:

1. When first softmodding the wii for the first time, will there be any problems using a micro sd with an adapter? I've seen posts about how people had no problem using microsd for stuff after the modding, but never anything about it before modding.
2. After softmodding and installing USB Loader, will there be any problems playing PAL/JP region games?

Thanks.

I can answer your first question because i've done all my softmodding with transflash cards with adapters from my old cell phones they're 2 512MB and that 1 4 GB HD Transflash Card. I don't have the answer to the second question i use gamma to load from my usb.

Also thnx napster92 i loaded the most up to date version of HBB onto my SD card, and the network now initilizes. I had double checked my wireless network connection before doing so, unfortunately it seems that now codemii.com server is now the problem.

transam81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Can i please get some 1 to tell me how to create a 2 partition flashdrive?, using my pc running vista while using computer manager. Also i used "Modify any Wii 4.2 & below, aka the simplistic mod", can just stick "cIOS-DVD-Dumper_v1.2" into SD>apps>DVD Dumper folder. So that i can make backups.

altaris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
transam81 said:
altaris said:
2 questions here:

Thanks.

I can answer your first question because i've done all my softmodding with transflash cards with adapters from my old cell phones they're 2 512MB and that 1 4 GB HD Transflash Card. I don't have the answer to the second question i use gamma to load from my usb.

Also thnx napster92 i loaded the most up to date version of HBB onto my SD card, and the network now initilizes. I had double checked my wireless network connection before doing so, unfortunately it seems that now codemii.com server is now the problem.

Thanks for letting me know about the first one, now I can go ahead and get that micro sd without worrying. Are you able to play other region games on your wii without a problem?

transam81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
altaris said:
transam81 said:
altaris said:
2 questions here:

Thanks.

Thanks for letting me know about the first one, now I can go ahead and get that micro sd without worrying. Are you able to play other region games on your wii without a problem?

yeah i usually run only NTSC but i tried a PAL version earlier today just to try it out, and aside from Gamma telling me about the difference on start up. once i started the game there was no differnce at all.

Wangus8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good news! I managed to successful use the twilight hack and now have HBC. I'm going through the steps by xzxero again and I've run into a problem.

He writes:

"4] Run Wad Manager [this step can be skipped if already on 4.1]
When it opens choose use IOS249. (it is probably already set to that)
Press A to open from SD.
Install System Menu-NUS-v449.wad [or System Menu-NUS-v450.wad for pal users] and exit. "

I can get to "press A to open from SD". But then I get this:

Exception (DSI) occurred!
And then a long series of letters and numbers followed by

CODE DUMP:
and a shorter series of letters and numbers

Here are a two things of note: I used the 448.wad because I'm an NTSC-J user: would just using 449 help this problem? Also, I didn't change the hacks.ini to the ntsc-j hacks.ini (because the link on xzxero's guide was a wiki with code that didn't perfectly match up to anything on the original hacks.ini he provided, and so I didn't want to randomly start inserting lines willy-nilly). Please let me know if either of these two are the issue, or if you know what I should be doing differently.

Thanks!

Edit: after restarting the wii (seemed to restart fine) and going back into HBC and trying again (IOS249->SD/SDHC card->Wii SD Slot) I know get a different:
"Mounting device, please wait .... ERROR! (ret=-1)

Thoughts?

Wangus8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bowser said:
Hmm...don't know what's wrong but did you see my last reply on page 305? About changing the region of your Wii?

EDIT: whoops, wrong suggestion by you.

Yes, I did see that. I always keep extensions UNhidden. So unfortunately that wasn't it.

edit: I am using regular sd (1gb)

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Wangus8 said:
bowser said:
Hmm...don't know what's wrong but did you see my last reply on page 305? About changing the region of your Wii?

Yes, I did notice that. I wasn't certain I could do that without first finishing the steps in xzxero's guide. But if so, then that could make my life a lot easier. Would you recommend me trying that first?
Previous post edited.

You should do that now (if you want to) before finishing the rest of the guide. Do it only if you already have BootMii installed to boot2 (not IOS) and a NAND backup.

Stepping out now for a couple of hours. Hopefully somebody helps you out in the meantime.

Painguy

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi im trying to update to 4.2U, but im stuck. Im trying to install 4.2 with Waninkokos updater, but i dont know which IOS i should install. This is what i ve done so far. im on 4.0U

1) Install hackmii v5

2)install cioscorp

what do i do next?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Painguy said:
Hi im trying to update to 4.2U, but im stuck. Im trying to install 4.2 with Waninkokos updater, but i dont know which IOS i should install. This is what i ve done so far. im on 4.0U

1) Install hackmii v5

2)install cioscorp

what do i do next?
why the fuck would you want to update to 4.2?
your on 4.0, either stay there or if anything, move on to 4.1

transam81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys my head is about to explode i've been reading all day and night the tutorial i tried was written for windows xp i'm running vista. i can find a way to make a second partition on my flash drive. this is the tutorial i tried by the way, Multiple SDHC/USB Partitions in Windows (Tutorial), For having Apps/WBFS games partition on one device. can any please help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Hn-gx9VjRt8?t=153