chunky

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
2 quick questions

1. my friends wii is untouched with4.1 can i just do the bannerbomb put rev14 and usb loader and all will be good or is there anything else?
i have found this
1. Get bannerbomb working
2. Install HBC using the Hackmii installer
3. get IOS wads (only required when the Wii has no internet connection)
4. run Trucha Bug Restorer and downgrade IOS15, install patched IOS36 as IOS36, restore IOS15.
5. run cIOS installer rev 13 or higher.

can i skip 4 or is it actually needed

2. i put a few wad channels on my wii vc games and work a treat but when i put them on sd they just come up with fail what am i doing wrong

one last thing wad manager 1.5 fails to see my sd card it says error ret-1 am i missing something
thanks ppl

rookrook

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi i have been scouring the sites googling and not getting very far any of you have come across this prob ,i had 3.2 updated to 4.1 wann's fw did all the stuff relaoding preloader and stuff. but when i try to load my retail wii sports resort i get 002 error message yet it will load threw neogamma 6 np ,is there any way i can get it to load to load threw disc channel without the 002 error i have tried original sonic and it loads np its seems to be just wii resort any help would be appreciated

Hesed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As good, obedient, and ignorant consumer, I upgraded the wii a couple of times since buying it.

Ok, so I don't know much about all this, but I installed BootMii after reading the wiki at wiibrew, and I now have the Homebrew Channel and Homebrew Browser installed, and a couple of lame games via the Homebrew Channel.

Now I'm looking at trying to install WADs with the wadmanager 1.4, and it asks for the iso #.

How do I determine the ISO # to use the 1.4 installer, or do I have to downgrade?

Where to from here?

Thanks in advance.....

Another NOOB to help.

jabmaster2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rookrook said:
hi i have been scouring the sites googling and not getting very far any of you have come across this prob ,i had 3.2 updated to 4.1 wann's fw did all the stuff relaoding preloader and stuff. but when i try to load my retail wii sports resort i get 002 error message yet it will load threw neogamma 6 np ,is there any way i can get it to load to load threw disc channel without the 002 error i have tried original sonic and it loads np its seems to be just wii resort any help would be appreciated
have u tried loading it through gecko os to see if ur missing any needed ios. It will install them if they are missing and then u shld ve able to play on disk channel

jabmaster2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chunky said:
2 quick questions

1. my friends wii is untouched with4.1 can i just do the bannerbomb put rev14 and usb loader and all will be good or is there anything else?
i have found this
1. Get bannerbomb working
2. Install HBC using the Hackmii installer
3. get IOS wads (only required when the Wii has no internet connection)
4. run Trucha Bug Restorer and downgrade IOS15, install patched IOS36 as IOS36, restore IOS15.
5. run cIOS installer rev 13 or higher.

can i skip 4 or is it actually needed

2. i put a few wad channels on my wii vc games and work a treat but when i put them on sd they just come up with fail what am i doing wrong

one last thing wad manager 1.5 fails to see my sd card it says error ret-1 am i missing something
thanks ppl

to answer 1 yes those steps are fine And yes u have to do step 4 or the cios will not install.

2 u need a patched ios 60 with trucha bug to play pirated games of sd card.

3 ur sd card is probably not compatible

jabmaster2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hesed said:
As good, obedient, and ignorant consumer, I upgraded the wii a couple of times since buying it.

Ok, so I don't know much about all this, but I installed BootMii after reading the wiki at wiibrew, and I now have the Homebrew Channel and Homebrew Browser installed, and a couple of lame games via the Homebrew Channel.

Now I'm looking at trying to install WADs with the wadmanager 1.4, and it asks for the iso #.

How do I determine the ISO # to use the 1.4 installer, or do I have to downgrade?

Where to from here?

Thanks in advance.....

Another NOOB to help.

for 1 it's not "iso" it called an "ios" big differecne. Anywhoo the default is 249 and u shld use that. But it sounds like u don't have a "cios" installed which is neccessay for wad manager. U will Ned to use this guide to restore trucha bug and install a cios to run wad manager http://www.yafaze.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=1178

Natazza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
nabster92 said:
Natazza said:
Natazza said:
Hiya,

I did a lot of reading when I first got my Wii and successfully used TP to install the homebrew channel.

After getting 002 errors on games, I came back to have a read and OMG so much has changed I'm really lost!

The more I read the more I'm getting confused. I have system menu 3.4E and have just installed Neogamma R6 sucessfully. Some games are now working but some I am still getting the 002 error message or they are booting back to the main menu. I think I have rev7 installed but am not sure how to find out or how to change it to rev 13a (which is the one I think I want from what I have read).

I have been trying to find out how to install Bootmii but am I correct in thinking that I can't install it as it is 3.4E? I have a preloader folder on my sd card (Apps\Preloader0.28) but I admit I blindly followed a guide without really understanding what I was doing and now I am trying to backtrack and really understand what I actually have installed so I don't know if this is actually functional or not.

I really would like brick protection before I start changing anything but I've got square eyes and a frazzled brain from all the reading so any help would be appreciated! I have been a little worried to put a post on here as I have seen some unpleasant replies to people who haven't understood something.
unsure.gif

Getting preloader on 3.4 was pretty useless and I don't know how you managed to come to the conclusion that bootmii wouldn't be able to be installed on 3.4 and preloader would. As soon as you update, preloader will be gone. Bootmii can be installed on anything and will survive any update if you can do a boot2 install on your Wii, which you will be able to as long as your Wii is over about a year old.

Download the cIOS rev13a installer http://www.teknoconsolas.es/blog/waninkoko...om-ios38-rev-13
Change the .dol in that to boot.dol, put it in a cIOS installer folder, put that folder in the "apps" folder which should be on the root of your sd card. Then put the card back in your Wii and load the HBC and click on that cIOS installer and load it. Then when it prompts for what IOS to use, use IOS249 since you havae rev7 installed. Then do a network installation, provided you have wifi.

Then run the hackmii installer in the same way but rename the installer.elf to boot.elf instead. (Get it from www.bootmii.org or just follow the auto update in the HBC if it is prompting you to do it.) Then through that, install the updated HBC, and then if you can, install bootmii to boot2, then exit and reboot your Wii. Use a GC controller to select the 4th icon and then the 1st icon on the next page. Then follow instructions to backup your NAND to your SD card (needs about 540 MB).

This is all the brick protection you need.

After you do that use Waninkoko's 4.1 updater (run in through the HBC in a similar fashion to the above). This should get rid of preloader and update any IOS's you need to update which may get rid of some of those rebooting problems with games.

(above should have been a quote, sorry)

Thanks for the advice
yaypsp.gif
I have installed Cios 13a and have installed bootmii to IOS. I haven't done anything else as I don't have a gc controller yet. But as you mentioned earlier, preloader is useless on 3.4 so does that mean that getting a gc controller is pointless as I can't install Preloader or am I getting the wrong idea? (I have read on the forum that Bootmii can be used with Preloader if it can't be installed to Boot2). I don't want to get the controller if there's absolutely no point, and am not sure if I can install preloader 0.29.

Yea bootmii as an IOS won't really save you from any bricks. Preloader itself can, but it's not quite as useful on 3.4 as there are no hacks.ini for that system menu. Just run Waninkoko's 4.0 or 4.1 updater first, then use the Trucha Bug Restorer to fix IOS36 up and install preloader. Then you will have some brick protection with that at least as long as you don't delete your system menu or IOS60 or something.

Sorry to ask another question - I just want to make sure I do everything right as I have no brick protection whatsoever!!
blink.gif

To update to 4.1, do I follow the ultimate guide which involves downgrading to 3.2 (I thought I read there was no need to do this now but I can't find where I read it). I'm a little worried about downgrading if there's a better way.

If I do have to follow this guide in order to upgrade to 4.1, should I upgrade to 4.0 first or can I upgrade straight to 4.1?

Also, do I follow from step 6 onwards in that order?

Just to clarify, I currently have cIOS rev 13a on a 3.4E system menu with neogamma R6. I have installed Bootmii as an IOS as unable to install to Boot2.

I haven't got any type of backup as I am waiting for a gamecube controller to come through the post (although I guess it wouldn't be of any use yet anyway!)

Many thanks for your help! (dropped by the noob chat room but there was no-one there)
unsure.gif

Natazza

rookrook

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok update on my retail resortprob i tried gecko os and can load it but as i said before i can load it threw neogamma 6 already but when i try to load threw disc channle as its an original i still cant it still gives me the 002 error any other ideas thanx ?

jabmaster2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rookrook said:
ok update on my retail resortprob i tried gecko os and can load it but as i said before i can load it threw neogamma 6 already but when i try to load threw disc channle as its an original i still cant it still gives me the 002 error any other ideas thanx ?
Hmmm u tired latest gecko 1.9.1? That's a strange problem nevver heard of that error with original retail only backups. Maybe u shld make a thread bout that one

rookrook

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tried 1.8 gecko and 1.9.1 both load np but sill cant get disc channel to load do i have to do anything to get ios into system or would gecko do that ?

jabmaster2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rookrook said:
tried 1.8 gecko and 1.9.1 both load np but sill cant get disc channel to load do i have to do anything to get ios into system or would gecko do that ?
It should tell u ur missing ios and install them. Ur can always try find out what ios wsr needs and download latest with nus downloader and install with wad manager. I font know though crazy problem to me

Posts merged

QUOTE(rookrook @ Jul 30 2009, 11:37 AM) tried 1.8 gecko and 1.9.1 both load np but sill cant get disc channel to load do i have to do anything to get ios into system or would gecko do that ?
It should tell u ur missing ios and install them. Ur can always try find out what ios wsr needs and download latest with nus downloader and install with wad manager. I font know though crazy problem to me

MrRochie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MrRochie said:
blink.gif
Greets Dudes I have a simple and quick question .... If I erase my Wii memory in the Wii setttings what exactly do I loose. (All my channels, homebrew channel, Mii channel etc...) I have some wad games on my sd card that will not copy or move to the Wii memory for some reason so I was gonna wipe the sd card and Wii memory if I had to and start over. I am using Waninkoko's firmware 4.1 Any thoughts?
wtf.gif

grog.gif
So formatting my Wii Memory is not a good Idea?? What will I loose if I do? Whats the best method to clean up old games that show up on the SD card but will not load to Wii memory?
Also another question.. I tried to load hackmii from the homebrew channel. and it hangs at the first screen where the last line reads "turn off your Wii" How do I get this to proceed?
I am on 4.1 waninkoko firmware Rev 14 and would like some bricking protection.. Thanks Dudes & Dudettes

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MrRochie said:
MrRochie said:
blink.gif
Greets Dudes I have a simple and quick question .... If I erase my Wii memory in the Wii setttings what exactly do I loose. (All my channels, homebrew channel, Mii channel etc...) I have some wad games on my sd card that will not copy or move to the Wii memory for some reason so I was gonna wipe the sd card and Wii memory if I had to and start over. I am using Waninkoko's firmware 4.1 Any thoughts?
wtf.gif

grog.gif
So formatting my Wii Memory is not a good Idea?? What will I loose if I do? Whats the best method to clean up old games that show up on the SD card but will not load to Wii memory?
Also another question.. I tried to load hackmii from the homebrew channel. and it hangs at the first screen where the last line reads "turn off your Wii" How do I get this to proceed?
I am on 4.1 waninkoko firmware Rev 14 and would like some bricking protection.. Thanks Dudes & Dudettes

It's not a matter of what you lose if you format. It's that formatting a softmodded Wii has more of a chance to brick you that running most other homebrew apps do.

So is your problem that installed vc wad's won't load from the sd card menu? Formatting your Wii would do absolutely nothing to that anyways even if it did work. You need to patch IOS60 in order to get that to work (AND DO NOT UNINSTALL IT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES IF IT DOESN'T WORK OR SOMETHING). Use dop-IOS to install the most recent IOS60 with the sig hash.

And what was your other problem? You tried to run the hackmii installer to install bootmii and it immediately told you to turn off your Wii? How old is your Wii and what have you installed on it? Have you installed CIOSCORP?

AJV17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another quick, simple question here, with a wee bit of a backstory. Basically, I followed the Ultimate Guide to update my Wii from 3.2E to 4.1E and its all gravy. I want to install Neogamma r6 as a wad now. I got the wad, put it in a folder called wads on the root of my SD Card and I have Wad Manager 1.5 in the app sections. Now everyone is simply saying install the wad from the SD using Wad Manager, but before I even get the option to install, Wad Manager asks me to pick an IOS, and it is here, I am stuck. Which do I pick?

jabmaster2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AJV17 said:
Another quick, simple question here, with a wee bit of a backstory. Basically, I followed the Ultimate Guide to update my Wii from 3.2E to 4.1E and its all gravy. I want to install Neogamma r6 as a wad now. I got the wad, put it in a folder called wads on the root of my SD Card and I have Wad Manager 1.5 in the app sections. Now everyone is simply saying install the wad from the SD using Wad Manager, but before I even get the option to install, Wad Manager asks me to pick an IOS, and it is here, I am stuck. Which do I pick?
The defualt 249. Don't worry bout the others.it simple choose what ios u want wad manager use to be able to install.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I typed up an answer for that but apparently it didn't go through because gbatemp is all slow today.

Anyways the folder needs to be named "WAD" not wads. Just put your .wad's in the "WAD" folder on the root of your sd card, use IOS249(or any other IOS with the trucha bug, but as long as you have IOS249 (any cIOS installed), just use that.) and you should be set.

Iorkca

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Quick question i download the USB Loader GX and in the apps folder it has a Hermes Cios installer, do i need that to use the loader, and what exactly is it. thanks for any help you can offer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol