Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

hyAxis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey again,

I just completed assassda's guide and have installed 4.0. However, the Shop Channel still says there's an update available, and the system crashes on the new SD menu.

My new question is: is there anyway to remove all this crap and get a hack-free Wii? Like downgrading to 3.2 or something and installing Nintendo's 4.0? Any help would be appreciated (even better if with newbie-friendly instructions).

Cheers.

TheGoldenKing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem when installing ios60 on a 4.0U
When I move an installed wad into the SD it moves, but it says error when I try to play it. I think it is becuase when I run the ios60 installer it fails to patch ios60, the message looks like this [ES_AddContentStart(00000001000003, 0) Failed: -1017]
And then it tells me it fails and doesn't give me an option to install shop channel

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can anyone tell me how to install WiiWare wads and Virtual Console wads too? I thought I knew how to do it, but now it just stopped working.

efearon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all, I've just started to get my HBC up and running and ive come into a couple of problems. My PAL wii has a Wiikey and is on 3.4E.

I had a couple of problems - first is dvd playback via mplayer. I downloaded and installed the hackmii installer from the Homebrew Channel Website, from which I installed HBC and DVDX. However there was another option there called bootmii that i was unfamiliar with so i didnt install (is that bad??). anyway so i then installed the homebrew browser. And (stupidly) downloaded DVDX again. I remembered i already did that so i went back in and uninstalled it lol. When I go into the mplayer and try and play the dvd it just doesnt load - which i think is probably due to my modchip. (Ive read a couple of times about something called patchmii_core that might help but I dont really know what this is/how to use it).

Secondly I got Excite Bots Trick Racing (the USA version) and I tried to load it through Gecko OS - but unfortunately it says could not find IOS 55 or something to that effect. Would it be ok if someone told me what this means?

Sorry to be such a bother, and I hope this is the right place to post such problems I've had good experience with this community in the past so any help at all will be greatly appreciated

naglaro00

Mildly disturbed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Got a problem with my Wii too D:

A month ago I upgraded my modded with Wiikey PAL Wii from 3.3 to 4.0 with the upgrader you run using Homebrew Channel, forgot what's it called. I regularly burn games and they work fine. The problem is after I upgraded to 4.00 my games suddenly stop working one by one and a temporary solution to this was to insert Wii Sports and my other original games but they suddenly stop working too (they don't have any scratches). Now any games I have, original or backup, won't play. I tried using Gecko OS, but it also won't work. My Wii's DVD drive isn't damaged, so I assume this is an IOS problem. Any ideas what I should do? Thanks for the help, if you will help me
tongue.gif

Killer Phantom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A little question, is it safe to turn WiiConnect24 on at this rate? I have MANY wads installed, but I regularly unplug my Wii when I don't play it. I don't have Nintendo Channel either, so is it safe?

benbjo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Last night I did the twilight hack installing homebrew channel. Also installed homebrew browser, cIOS (cant remember what version it was but had rev13 I think. Newest one I found) wad manager and gamma loader 0.3.

Is there anything else I need to boot all backups and play VC games? Can I upgrade my firmware now? There are some games I would like to buy in the future (Like Wii Sports Resort for the addon thingy) can I play them if I cant upgrade the firmware?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
benbjo said:
Last night I did the twilight hack installing homebrew channel. Also installed homebrew browser, cIOS (cant remember what version it was but had rev13 I think. Newest one I found) wad manager and gamma loader 0.3.

Is there anything else I need to boot all backups and play VC games? Can I upgrade my firmware now? There are some games I would like to buy in the future (Like Wii Sports Resort for the addon thingy) can I play them if I cant upgrade the firmware?
you have everything you need to play backups
Run the backup launcher and it will use the cIOS to run them.
Use the wad manager to install VC/Wiiware wads. Sharing them here is not allowed so google them.

If you want to update your firmware, use this http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835
it will give you 4.0 with ability to play backups , preloader for brick protection and the newest IOS to run all games.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
IOwnAndPwnU said:
Can anyone tell me how to install WiiWare wads and Virtual Console wads too?
1) get your wad files
2) place them in a new map called 'wad' (in the sd root, so it will be SD:/wad/(wadshere))
3) run the wad manager (with the HBC), if you have 1.4 choose IOS249 (if you can't choose it, choose any other)
4) select SD card slot as loading place
5) install the wad with + (A for 1.4).
6) done (home is restart)

Fritsie

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have a noob question:

I used bannerbomb to install HBC on my 4.0E wii. Then I used the ultimate system 4.0 guide (offline method) to downgrade to 3.2 and install all the wad's.
Then I used waninkoko's 4.0 updater and the IOS60 updater to get System menu 4.0 again.

When I try to play my Pikmin 2 for wii (PAL), it asks to update the firmware.

Why does this happen if I have 4.0E ?

Thx

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Cause you lack of the IOS the game requieres, or don't have the IOSes version the game has, installed in your Wii, install Preloader and enable the "Skip Disc Updates" hack, that should take care of your problem...!!
smile.gif

esenbi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys..
I Have a new L65, NTSC. it was 3.4U when i got it.
at first i just used Bannerbomb and HBC, and LU64 fix, i had USB Loader and it loaded Mario Kart (PAL) very well, but PunchOut!! (PAL) and COD4 (PAL) loaded black and white.
so i heard about this "Assassin Kit" by HitmanMack, i've installed it and downgraded the system to 3.2U and followed all of his instructions.
now it won't load from USB, Says it can't find a device.. so i googled, and found out this kit is bad!
so, what should i do now?

please explain, don't you just say "uninstall" cause i don't know how.
i mean, format the system? and then what? and what SHOULD i install to make backups work from USB Loader, and be Region Free.

Thanks in advance.

phantomatt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.last.fm
XP
Country
Canada
What's the difference between Preloader and Bootmii.
I'm wanting to update to 4.0U. I have 3.2U at the moment...

Should i install things in this order?
1) Bootmii and HBC
2) System 4.0
3) Preloader (ultimate 4.0 guide says to, but not sure if it's necessary if i have bootmii)

All help is appreciated!
Thanks!

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tj_cool said:
IOwnAndPwnU said:
Can anyone tell me how to install WiiWare wads and Virtual Console wads too?
1) get your wad files
2) place them in a new map called 'wad' (in the sd root, so it will be SD:/wad/(wadshere))
3) run the wad manager (with the HBC), if you have 1.4 choose IOS249 (if you can't choose it, choose any other)
4) select SD card slot as loading place
5) install the wad with + (A for 1.4).
6) done (home is restart)

I got it working. The reason I asked was I had it working but i got an error ret = -1 and I thought I started installing them wrong (prior to my question, I had installed 2 wads already).
And then through SEARCHING (*hint* n00bs) I figured that it was probably an SD card error. So I just formatted it and replaced all the files.
But turns out, I was doing everything right.

xllApocalypsellx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, I have a 3.2U wii with a d2ckey chip and I had just found out about cIOSs and installed cIOS 38,53,and 55 so games that previously didn't work work now. I downloaded Little Kings Story however and I get a black screen and my Wiimote turns off. Soooo I'm guessing I need another cIOS but I was wondering if there is a way for me to find out what cIOSs a game needs to run?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
esenbi said:
Hello guys..
I Have a new L65, NTSC. it was 3.4U when i got it.
at first i just used Bannerbomb and HBC, and LU64 fix, i had USB Loader and it loaded Mario Kart (PAL) very well, but PunchOut!! (PAL) and COD4 (PAL) loaded black and white.
so i heard about this "Assassin Kit" by HitmanMack, i've installed it and downgraded the system to 3.2U and followed all of his instructions.
now it won't load from USB, Says it can't find a device.. so i googled, and found out this kit is bad!
so, what should i do now?

please explain, don't you just say "uninstall" cause i don't know how.
i mean, format the system? and then what? and what SHOULD i install to make backups work from USB Loader, and be Region Free.

Thanks in advance.

Well you probably installed a cIOS revision that doesn't support your USB device, try installing other cIOS_r??..!!
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
Last question for now. How can I run US VC games on my PAL console?

Well not all can be FREE'd but search for a tool called "freethewads.exe" and just drag&drop the .wad files in it before installing them, or install them and use the channel loader thing by Waninkoko to change the video output to PAL...!!
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
What's the difference between Preloader and Bootmii.
I'm wanting to update to 4.0U. I have 3.2U at the moment...

Should i install things in this order?
1) Bootmii and HBC
2) System 4.0
3) Preloader (ultimate 4.0 guide says to, but not sure if it's necessary if i have bootmii)

All help is appreciated!
Thanks!

Well BootMii is loaded at the very begining of the entire Wii's OS, and it can't be deleted by "N" thru an update (if not true, at least is less probable), and preloader just loads before the SysMenu, Bootmii can create a backup of your NAND (all the data of your Wii) and initialize before any IOS or SysMenu, so in case of any brick, just restore and your Wii will come to life again (unless a physical damage is done
tongue.gif
), Preloader only can function if the SysMenu and IOS used by it, are not corrupted, Preloader can add patches (hacks) to your SysMenu but only can protect you from banner-bricks, bootmii can protect you from both: banner/full bricks, and yes the order is correct, but you need to do a NAND backup right after installing BootMii, ok..??
wink.gif

When I last updated anything on my Wii it was with cIOS rev 10. Do I need to be aware of anything before I update to rev 13b?

Well just that maybe your USB device can or cannot be supported by cIOS_r13b, my HDD was only supported till r10..!!
smile.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
xllApocalypsellx said:
Hey all, I have a 3.2U wii with a d2ckey chip and I had just found out about cIOSs and installed cIOS 38,53,and 55 so games that previously didn't work work now. I downloaded Little Kings Story however and I get a black screen and my Wiimote turns off. Soooo I'm guessing I need another cIOS but I was wondering if there is a way for me to find out what cIOSs a game needs to run?

Install the HBC (Homebrew Channel) with bannerbomb hack, then use an app called GeckOS1.9 to run the game, and it will tell you wich IOS you need (the "c" stand for custom, and they are just a few ones like 249-250-202-222, official ones are just IOS
wink.gif
) and it even asks you if you want to install it from the disc (if you haven't brickblocked it of course), and when you got the HBC installed also install Preloader and BootMii in your Wii, Preloader can add patches to the SysMenu to block the updates without* having to patch the .iso's, BootMii is just for protection against bricks...!!
smile.gif

*sorry
blush.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Construction is umm well tofu lol +1