Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Myrstidal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
tj_cool said:
I would do some research on the boards, maybe you find the IOS you need to install, or at least how to install them safely
smile.gif
I've tried a ton of searches on the board about WAD problems and they've only really been about installation problems or error screens. (I don't actually get an error screen, it just restarts to the Wii menu) But I'll try it again. Thanks!

Edit: After searching "WAD IOS" I've got some helpful tips! THANKS A LOT, tj_cool!!! Hopefully I can now use some WADs!

sambobo

Trophies
XP
Country
Augh! I thought I knew what I was doing with my Wii, but I realise I've been blundering around.

I managed to;
Install HBC 1.0.3
Install Bootmii, but only as an IOS, which as I understand it means it only has limited functionality
Install DVDx
Install some WADs and emulator forwarders

I don't think I need to ask about how to do things, because there's a lot of great guides, but I don't quite know what to do.

I'm on 3.3E
I want the best possible compatibility with VC and WiiWare games from my region
I want to use a USB loader
I want to be able to access the Wii Shop channel
I think I should probably have some kind of brick protection - preloader?

What's the best way to accomplish that? A managed upgrade to 4.0? A downgrade then an upgrade? If I upgrade to 4.0, can I leave the updates intact in my Wii ISOs, or do I still need to strip them out? I know I need a cIOS, but are there any other IOSs that are essential? I'm totally flailing around here. Thank you for any help.

donchen

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I did a NAND Backup using Bootmii. It says its successful but when i check my SD card. There isn't a nand.bin BUT there is something that has taken a large amount of space on my SD Card but i can't see it anywhere!

Any idea ?

Myrstidal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Well, after installing the IOS's, (36, 37, 51, 53 and 55) the games STILL DON'T WORK. ARGH. I may have not installed the properly. (36 I installed using Waninkoko's IOS installer and 51 through a DOL, but the others I installed with the WAD manager.)

Anybody got any ideas?

Sonic4Ever

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Damn it, now I think I'm done for; Error ret:-1010 at System Menu 4.0 content #09 installation...

EDIT: Uh, nothing happened, I'm still on 3.2E... wtf

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
donchen said:
Hmn... looks like its the same problem with my wiiware that is causing the restart.

I am missing some IOS.

Use IOS Downgrader and install from the NFS:Undercover the IOSes 38-53-55, that will leave your Wii with all the IOSes there is right now, or simply update to 4.0 thru the Wii¿s settings, installing before update the cIOS_r10

QUOTE said:
I've tried a ton of searches on the board about WAD problems and they've only really been about installation problems or error screens. (I don't actually get an error screen, it just restarts to the Wii menu) But I'll try it again. Thanks!

Edit: After searching "WAD IOS" I've got some helpful tips! THANKS A LOT, tj_cool!!! Hopefully I can now use some WADs!

The channels can reboot your Wii or simply show a black screen if:

You lack of the necessary IOS
The Channel doens't hae the video output of your region (that's why sometimes not even "freethewads" can help)

I managed to;
Install HBC 1.0.3
Install Bootmii, but only as an IOS, which as I understand it means it only has limited functionality
Install DVDx
Install some WADs and emulator forwarders

I don't think I need to ask about how to do things, because there's a lot of great guides, but I don't quite know what to do.

I'm on 3.3E
I want the best possible compatibility with VC and WiiWare games from my region
I want to use a USB loader
I want to be able to access the Wii Shop channel
I think I should probably have some kind of brick protection - preloader?

What's the best way to accomplish that? A managed upgrade to 4.0? A downgrade then an upgrade? If I upgrade to 4.0, can I leave the updates intact in my Wii ISOs, or do I still need to strip them out? I know I need a cIOS, but are there any other IOSs that are essential? I'm totally flailing around here. Thank you for any help.

Install preloader, enable the "Skip disc updates" hack, install a cIOS, use WiiSCU 2 to install the latest WiiShop......ta dah..!!
smile.gif

Distahs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
nullifx

QUOTE said:
Sorry my goof, the HDD that i have is a 1TB PHD10000USE-72 didn't find any info saying it has spindown.
in a last ditch effort i:
1 backed up my mii's and saves
2 formatted the wii system memory
3 followed this guide to the T http://www.mikeandheth.com/games/109-store...tem-menu-4.html
4 had to run cios uninstaller
5 got every thing installed including the Oggzee loader and cIOS249_r10 same as (cIOS36_r10)
still most games will not load i get:
1 green screen and kicked to the wii menu
2 green screen and system lockup (reset by holding power)
3 game loads and locks up.
For some reason carnival games and Wii sports work fine and there smaller ISO's
System model RVL001

did you check if your HDD is compatible...?? are your games same region as your ..?? cause that's teh only two things that can be the source of the problem as I can think off, sorry..!!
smile.gif

All of the games are disc's that i own and play fine if using the disk.
Also the HDD is compatible.

Myrstidal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
GRAGH. I've installed IOS36, 37, 38, 51, 53 and 55, yet it STILL DOES NOT WORK
cry.gif
I've installed 36 + 37 using the cIOS37_rev3-Installer and ciosrev10installer; the rest using WAD Manager 1.3. Yet the WADs REFUSE to work. I'm thinking of changing my catchphrase to: "Of course it doesn't work!".

If a Wii-hacking GOD happens to read this: Do I have any other solution, or do I have to buy an entirely new Wii?

Thanks in advance for anybody who reads this.

Sonic4Ever

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok I finally managed to install everything.

I have one last problem, since I have preloader installed, the Wii fan is active even in standby. How to fix this please?

frazzledazzle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi, i was wondering is it possible to install vc/wiiware wads without the homebrew channel? i have a 4.0E launch day wii that has had homebrew but my sister deleted it. I think i have IOS35 patched with patchmii, but thats it. I know which bannerbomb works for me so if i need to change 1 or 2 IOS's then i could. thx in advance.

mudjah

Trophies
XP
Country
unsure.gif

So, I have a wii with:

Drive Key chip

Homebrew channel. 1.01

official 4.0e update.

...and I wan't to install wads (vc, wiiware etc..).

How do i do it, I tried using a wad manager but i gave errors, I think there is a some IOS i need to install first... but its a jungle out there, one says this and one says that, pleqase clever people of gbatemp, help a newbie out.

I give beer for good answer! Please!

Gagarin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem....

I have 3.2U wii and everything works fine, but I'm not sure what isos I have what do I still need.
Is there any one program, that checks what is in my system and updates everything what need to be up to date?

I uses 4.0 updater yesterday but I still have 3.2 system. It updated my system channels (photo, weather) that I erased long time ago but still don't see them.

On top of that, my NES and SNES wads don't work (wiiwere and N64 wads work).

So what do I need to do?
Regards

ddp127

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
install cIOS, you can get it in the download section, or on waninkoko's blog, and than you can use wad manager...

and sorry for asking such a noob question, but i want to buy a HDD for use with usb loader, but will this one work, without things like spindown, crashes and just load my games?

Gagarin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ddp127 said:
install cIOS, you can get it in the download section, or on waninkoko's blog, and than you can use wad manager...

and sorry for asking such a noob question, but i want to buy a HDD for use with usb loader, but will this one work, without things like spindown, crashes and just load my games?

But can you list what cios do I need (all of them).
Which Wanikoko installer you mean? Is there seperate one for each cIOS?.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Myrstidal said:
GRAGH. I've installed IOS36, 37, 38, 51, 53 and 55, yet it STILL DOES NOT WORK
cry.gif
I've installed 36 + 37 using the cIOS37_rev3-Installer and ciosrev10installer; the rest using WAD Manager 1.3. Yet the WADs REFUSE to work. I'm thinking of changing my catchphrase to: "Of course it doesn't work!".

If a Wii-hacking GOD happens to read this: Do I have any other solution, or do I have to buy an entirely new Wii?

Thanks in advance for anybody who reads this.

Use Firmware and IOS dwongraders to reinstall your FW 3.2, that will leave your Wii with all the necessary IOSes (except for IOSes 38-53-55) IOS60 and 61 are needed too for the latest HBC1.0.3...!!
wink.gif

QUOTE said:
Ok I finally managed to install everything.

I have one last problem, since I have preloader installed, the Wii fan is active even in standby. How to fix this please?

Preloader v0.29..?? seriously..?? I have never seen someone posting an issue about the fan..!!
huh.gif

QUOTE said:
hi, i was wondering is it possible to install vc/wiiware wads without the homebrew channel? i have a 4.0E launch day wii that has had homebrew but my sister deleted it. I think i have IOS35 patched with patchmii, but thats it. I know which bannerbomb works for me so if i need to change 1 or 2 IOS's then i could. thx in advance.

Well yo udon't actually need HBC to install VC/WW, what you need is Wad Manager, but it is better to have the HBC installed incase the bannerbomb exploit gets unusable, and you may need to do a "FIX" in order to get Wad Manager to work...!!
smile.gif

So, I have a wii with:

Drive Key chip

Homebrew channel. 1.01

official 4.0e update.

...and I wan't to install wads (vc, wiiware etc..).

How do i do it, I tried using a wad manager but i gave errors, I think there is a some IOS i need to install first... but its a jungle out there, one says this and one says that, pleqase clever people of gbatemp, help a newbie out.

I give beer for good answer! Please!

you need to install a cIOS, any would do the job, but hence you are at 4.0 you can't just use the cIOS installer, you need to do some kind of "FIX"

newarrior

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Long time noob, first time poster.

I'm interested in modding my Wii to be able to play backup copies, Japanese versions, WiiWare/Gamecube, and whatever else. There seems to be a ton of different methods to this. Is there one that you guys recommend? A lot of the instructions I've found reference other mods, but don't really describe how to use them. I'm looking for something really basic. I'm currently updated to the most recent system version, 4.0U, I believe.

Also, I actually don't mind paying for the occasional WiiWare game. Is there a way to disable this so I can update normally or use the Wii online store? I kinda want to support certain things, but I'd think it would be a pain to uninstall and reinstall the mods just to download the newest FF IV episode...
wink2.gif

lostreverie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
newarrior: it's a pretty long process to get it all working but the best thing right now is waninkoko's usb loader (1.5). That only plays Wii games though I think. Most things you see are probably derivatives of that, since it's open source.

You'll need to do a lot of reading, but I'll give you the general procedure so you can get started on your research
smile.gif

Use the bannerbomb to install the homebrew channel
Use the homebrew channel to install cIOSrev12
Use the homebrew channel to install Waninkoko's USB Loader 1.5 (or some derivative thereof)
Format a hard drive to the WBFS partition and connect it.

For japanese games you will want to install preloader but be a little careful with that. There is a loader for gc games but I don't know much about it.
---

Here's my question: I already have preloader installed, is it safe for me to install Bootmii? Is it even recommended? I don't think Bootmii has any features aside from being a safety net for low-level bricks, and I've also heard that the new homebrew channel (1.03) that comes with Bootmii's installer sometimes breaks the channel.

Myrstidal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I've tried upgrading from 3.1U to 3.2U. I've installed the IOSs needed. I've patched the WADs themselves if their regions were incorrect. I've tried multiple copies of the same WADs. I've tried multiple copies of IOSs. I've tried using Waninkoko's cIOS rev12 to install the IOSs. YET, it still doesn't work. (The Wii has no chips in it.)

Anybody here want a Wii which refuses to play Kirby 64 + all the USB loader forwarders? Looks like I have to buy an entirely new Wii, since this one is sentient and REFUSES TO WORK. GRAGH.

I feel like the AVGN with his problems with the Atari Jaguar. Except there's no growling. Plus I don't have a super scope to blast my Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described +1