Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I think you need some serious help, PM me your e-mail and will do it thru msn, cause I want to know why exactly your Wii can't reproduce the channels, ok..?
wtf.gif

slashthesinhedgi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, i'm trying to run a backup of guilty gear xx Acent core Plus off my Wii
I get the error #2 and have tried to run it off the homebrew channel. But the backup launcher tells me i need cLOS36_r7 for the launcher to be funtional.

Every time i do start it, The loading bar comes up for like a split second then the screen goes black and stays black.
making me restart my wii.

Any help with this?

kosheh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
:wtf:

I just upgraded to HBC 1.03.

I'm trying to upgrade to 4.0 (the safe way~) but none of the files I've been adding to my SD card are showing up on the HBC. They're in /apps/, and yes there's .dols inside. But it's the same files from before; nothing new has been added. It's driving me nuts. :/

I'm kinda wondering if I should format the SD card.

Weirder yet, my Shop Channel won't even load. It just takes me back to the Wii menu.
I'm on 3.2U btw

EDIT: Forgot to name the files on the SD card "boot.dol" in their respective folders
d'oh

Chroniss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I installed that latest cIOS 38 rev 12, What would happen if I took cIOS36 rev 9 and IOS36 wad and installed the lower version over the one I have?

Reason I ask is because Super mario galaxy keeps freezing to a black screen after like 5 minutes of gameplay. I don't know whats causing it but would I ruin my Wii by trying this?

My system version is 3.4U btw, is this whats causing the freezing?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
slashthesinhedgie said:
Yea, i'm trying to run a backup of guilty gear xx Acent core Plus off my Wii
I get the error #2 and have tried to run it off the homebrew channel. But the backup launcher tells me i need cLOS36_r7 for the launcher to be funtional.

Every time i do start it, The loading bar comes up for like a split second then the screen goes black and stays black.
making me restart my wii.

Any help with this?

Error 002 is caused by a lack of the required IOS, or by trying to run the game with a wrong IOS, Install the cIOS36_r10 and stop winning
tongue.gif
use the Gamma loader to play this game, or the GeckOS 1.9 doesn't require a cIOS and it will tell you wich IOS you need to install...!!
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
I just upgraded to HBC 1.03.
I'm trying to upgrade to 4.0 (the safe way~) but none of the files I've been adding to my SD card are showing up on the HBC. They're in /apps/, and yes there's .dols inside. But it's the same files from before; nothing new has been added. It's driving me nuts. :/
I'm kinda wondering if I should format the SD card.
Weirder yet, my Shop Channel won't even load. It just takes me back to the Wii menu.
I'm on 3.2U btw
EDIT: Forgot to name the files on the SD card "boot.dol" in their respective folders
d'oh

WiiSCU v2 = Wii Shop Channel Updater v2, it will install the new WiiShop Channel and the IOSes 60-61

installed that latest cIOS 38 rev 12, What would happen if I took cIOS36 rev 9 and IOS36 wad and installed the lower version over the one I have?
Reason I ask is because Super mario galaxy keeps freezing to a black screen after like 5 minutes of gameplay. I don't know whats causing it but would I ruin my Wii by trying this?
My system version is 3.4U btw, is this whats causing the freezing?

If you install the cIOS_r9 over the cIOS_r12, it will overwrite the latest with the r9, you wont ruin your Wii by installing an older IOS, you ruin it if you uninstall your SysMenu and/or official IOSes (from 4 to 61 and the 254), oh and change your FW so you can install preloader, it may save your @$$..!!
wink.gif

kosheh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just upgraded to 4.0. Yay!

But now the SD card menu freezes whenever I try to load it up because one of the channels are messed up HJFDHJDHF

How can I delete the channels off my SD card without doing so on the Wii? (not the wads: the actual channels)

donchen

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Question!

What is the best way to uninstall/remove a wiiware game that I installed via Wad Manager?

I really don't want to leave any traces behind just in case it takes up some of my wii block space.

Thanks!

Big Kong Boss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
donchen said:
Question!

What is the best way to uninstall/remove a wiiware game that I installed via Wad Manager?

I really don't want to leave any traces behind just in case it takes up some of my wii block space.

Thanks!

Well, with WAD Manager, you can Uninstall & Install WADS. Uninstalling removes all traces of the desired WAD. tickets, game, etc are removed.

NOW MY QUESTION

I own an R4 Original, and I was wondering, why do I need YSMenu again? All games have been working so far for me. (Latest: Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days) PM me about this, this thread has too many posts here.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
krnxmatt7 said:
donchen said:
Question!

Thanks!

Well, with WAD Manager, you can Uninstall & Install WADS. Uninstalling removes all traces of the desired WAD. tickets, game, etc are removed.

NOW MY QUESTION

I own an R4 Original, and I was wondering, why do I need YSMenu again? All games have been working so far for me. (Latest: Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days) PM me about this, this thread has too many posts here.

Yep he is right about the Wad Manager, and/or you can use AnyTitleDeleter too, and well this is the Wii Hacking Section, so.......I really don't know any single thing about Originals R4 and YSMenu, sorry..!!
smile.gif

donchen

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Ok, thanks to both of you!

I previously thought using WAD Manager to uninstall stuff will not be too good because it leaves some traces behind.

Chroniss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply to my last question, I downgraded to 3.2U, and stayed with 38rev12, turns out my SMG had something wrong with it though so it wasn't the system causing it.

I have a new question, I run PAL Smash brothers and its black and white. I saw the thread on this (toyr8) but it only loads through disc and does not cover the USB HD method. I tried a program called regionfree to change it to USA, but that didn't make any difference. Is there an HB App I can use that changes video mode through USB HD to fix this no color problem?

Chroniss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
Tried forcing NTSC with a backup launcher? (USB loader should also have this function)

I tried using preloader to set it to region free, not sure what that did but it didn't fix the color issue. At least I have that working now though for brick protection.

The loader I was using (usb loader 1.5 by Waninkoko/kwiirk) I couldn't find any options besides launching the game or quitting. I just tried out that ultimate loader 7.4 and it has all the options I needed. I forced the region and launched and now its in color.

Everything looks good now, it took quite a bit of trial and error to get all these settings right but I think my Wii is properly hacked now, thanks for the help.

eric75

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a (hopefully) minor problem on my 3.2e (downgraded from 3.4e with MiiWii 2 months ago) since I updated HBC to 1.0.3. I had to use the IOS Downgrade workaround previously mentioned here and all it did was update IOS12 which other people have mentioned. My problem is that my NTSC backup copy of Elebits now gets a disc read error, even in Gecko 1.9, despite several fresh burns. Everything else (40 discs, usb loader etc) appears to be fine so I just need to know if this is just a glitch for this one game (if so what I need to do) or whether there are other potential problems ahead. Many thanks for your help.....

ddp127

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
try extracting the ios files from it, and install that using wad manager...

tj_cool said:
ddp127 said:
i want to buy a HDD for use with usb loader, but will this one work, without things like spindown, crashes and just load my games?
the wiki says verbatim 1TB works

but the wiki says nothing about spindown issues and stuff, and i dont want to open it...

eric75

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for your help ddp127....I did as you suggested but the error is still there unfortunately. The game was fine until after the HBC update.

I don't mind losing one game as long as its an isolated incident and not a sign of future problems.

Thanks again.

atzplzw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't used my Wii in a long time so this is to get me up-to-date. I need to update to 4.0 since it's required for a new game.
Current Conditions: System Menu 3.3E, Homebrew Channel 0.9beta, Shop Installer or so to use 3.4 shop I think, cIOS don't know

What's the best practice to update, since I also want to be able to use WAD Manager?
Also I don't know if a custom IOS is installed. Think so, but how can I find out?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
atzplzw said:
I haven't used my Wii in a long time so this is to get me up-to-date. I need to update to 4.0 since it's required for a new game.
Current Conditions: System Menu 3.3E, Homebrew Channel 0.9beta, Shop Installer or so to use 3.4 shop I think, cIOS don't know

What's the best practice to update, since I also want to be able to use WAD Manager?
Also I don't know if a custom IOS is installed. Think so, but how can I find out?
If you want the new games to work, you can install all needed IOS manually (if you can find em)
If you really want 4.0 you should use this: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835 (to be safe, install a cIOS, so your sure you have one
Oh and installing HBC 1.0.1 can also help
and maybe a bootmii nand backup?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: 20 minutes now