Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Vvnv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just completely cannot get homebrew on my Wii

I believe I have a 4.0U System Version.

Everything I try comes up with some error, like "re = -1" or some bull like that.

Bannerbomb won't work, Twlight hack will not copy the save from my SD card to the Wii...

I can't figure it out, nothing works, yet I see many people doing it with no problem!

Make this newb happy please, I need all the help I can get.
hate2.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Are you using bannerbomb with wich boot.dol from..?? HackMii installer..?? Wad Manager..?? and BTW check at your Serial Number, cause some LU64+ are (most people say) unsoftmodables..!!
smile.gif

Vvnv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
Are you using bannerbomb with wich boot.dol from..?? HackMii installer..?? Wad Manager..?? and BTW check at your Serial Number, cause some LU64+ are (most people say) unsoftmodables..!!
smile.gif

...I has an LU52.

I have Hackmii installed...I have Homebrew...but most of the wads I try to install have some "ret= -1" error...
EDIT: I get the -ERROR! "ret= -1"- when I try to downgrade to a 3.3U from a 4.0U, any ideas on this one?

EDIT2: Alright this is what is making me mad, Im trying to get CiOS on me Wii...goes through the process fine untill the very end...then it says "Installation returned -1" im sitting there...like wtf....any ideas?

Darkraver

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I'ma noob when it comes to Wii stuff.
I have a 4.0Europe Updated wii, which i did'nt actually mean to. I had the firmware prior to 08, till a few days ago, my Freeloader for the wii, no longer works, and comes up with Files are corrupt.
What i want to know in simple lamens terms is How to Downgrade back to previous firmeware. Many thanks in answers.
smile.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Vvnv said:
ether2802 said:
smile.gif

...I has an LU52.

I have Hackmii installed...I have Homebrew...but most of the wads I try to install have some "ret= -1" error...
EDIT: I get the -ERROR! "ret= -1"- when I try to downgrade to a 3.3U from a 4.0U, any ideas on this one?

EDIT2: Alright this is what is making me mad, Im trying to get CiOS on me Wii...goes through the process fine untill the very end...then it says "Installation returned -1" im sitting there...like wtf....any ideas?

Ok try this:
put the IOS36-64-v1042 on your SD:/wad folder
use Wad Manager 1.3 or 1.4 to unistall IOS36
then install it back, so you can have a IOS36 with the fake signing bug
now install the cIOS249_r7.wad (get it from here and there)
if it doesn't let you, then restart your Wii after the IOS36 uninstall and install, and try again the install of cIOS249_r7.wad

tell me how it goes..!!
smile.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Darkraver said:
I have a 4.0Europe Updated wii, which i did'nt actually mean to. I had the firmware prior to 08, till a few days ago, my Freeloader for the wii, no longer works, and comes up with Files are corrupt.
What i want to know in simple lamens terms is How to Downgrade back to previous firmeware. Many thanks in answers.
smile.gif

Ok, I assume you don't have the HBC (Homebrew Channel) installed, so:

Use "BannerBomb" to install the HBC
Do what I write above
Install the lastest cIOS36_r10 (or cIOS249_r10)
Use "Firmware Downgrader" and "IOS Downgrader" to go to 3.2
Install Preloader v0.29 and enable the "Skip Disc Update" hack, to block the updates in disc games (the internet updates you just need to say NO)

enjoy the learning process..!!!
smile.gif

Darkraver

Trophies
XP
Country
ether2802 said:
Darkraver said:
smile.gif

Do what I write above
Install Preloader v0.29 and enable the "Skip Disc Update" hack, to block the updates in disc games (the internet updates you just need to say NO)

smile.gif

What's bannerbomb? How do i install that? I mean, i just wanna downgrade the firmware, and leave it at that, really.

D

Deleted User

Thank you SO much tj_cool

one more question, will preloader .29 make updating dangerous?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Darkraver said:
ether2802 said:

Do what I write above

smile.gif

What's bannerbomb? How do i install that? I mean, i just wanna downgrade the firmware, and leave it at that, really.

bannerbomb is the hack that lets you run unsigned code (aplication made by hackers), and yes you have to do all of this JUST to downgrade, wich is one of the mayor achievements right now, if you tought that you only need to pressed "A" to downgrade at some Wii Setting, then forget about that...!!
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
What happens if I used cioscorp on my 4.0 with preloader 0.29 will it brick my wii?

Well if you already USED it, then I guess you should know the answer
laugh.gif
, now serious: that is what the SoftMii package does, uses CIOScorp on any FW, the only differences are the IOS for the SysMenu (IOS30 for 3.2, IOS60 for 4.0), so if you USE (or install better said) it then you'll be officially SoftMii'd

SoftMii:
Preloader
CIOScorp
Themes
ARC (only for 3.2 for REAL region free)

Thank you SO much tj_cool

one more question, will preloader .29 make updating dangerous?

Well I wouldn't say dangerous, more like......"straight to the trash bin" sort of, when preloader came out, some fella's here installed it on their 3.2 Wiis, and then upgraded to 3.4, the results:

Well they simply got the "Da System Files are Corrupted.....@$$hole" message, but strangely (and luckly for their tinny butts) Preloder didn't got deleted, so they could access to HBC and re-install the SysMenu.wad of 3.2 thru Wad Manager, so the question is.......drum roll........WHY UPDATING.?? if you're on 3.2 good for you, you're a wise guy, if you're on 4.0, good for you, enjoy your "FAKE" VC/WW SD loading, and neva' eva' eva' update, till you know how to do it safely, ok..??
wink.gif

Darkraver

Trophies
XP
Country
ether2802 said:
Darkraver said:
ether2802 said:

Do what I write above

smile.gif

bannerbomb is the hack that lets you run unsigned code (aplication made by hackers), and yes you have to do all of this JUST to downgrade, wich is one of the mayor achievements right now, if you tought that you only need to pressed "A" to downgrade at some Wii Setting, then forget about that...!!
smile.gif

I wish hadnt updated now
frown.gif
. do i remove all of that when it's done? So it just stays as 3.2E? i mean its a bit much for just using freeloader, thats all i wanna do. But it dont work with 4.0
frown.gif
Screwed i guess. lol. I dont know how to install banner bomb, or anything of that stuff, Thats why i asked for a simple guide from a t o be inw hat to do

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well I really don't know of a good guide, but you could:

Stay on 4.0
Use BannerBomb to install HBC
Use GeckOS 1.9 to load your out of region games
throw your Freeloader thingy at the next trash bin you find

Bannerbomb is just a file, that has to be on your SD card (read about it around here there are several guides and FAQ's about it), among with some .dol file named as boot.dol wich can be by example, the HBC installer (other thing you need to read about, more info at wiibrew.org), seriously, do some reading around here about BannerBomb, Homebrew Channel and GeckOS 1.9, you are lucky that Zelda Twilight Princess is not needed anymore, sometime ago a few fella's cryed because of being uncapables of installing the HBC because of being uncapables of gettin' their nasty hands on a Zelda disc...!!
smile.gif

Darkraver

Trophies
XP
Country
ether2802 said:
Well I really don't know of a good guide, but you could:

Stay on 4.0
Use BannerBomb to install HBC
Use GeckOS 1.9 to load your out of region games
throw your Freeloader thingy at the next trash bin you find

Bannerbomb is just a file, that has to be on your SD card (read about it around here there are several guides and FAQ's about it), among with some .dol file named as boot.dol wich can be by example, the HBC installer (other thing you need to read about, more info at wiibrew.org), seriously, do some reading around here about BannerBomb, Homebrew Channel and GeckOS 1.9, you are lucky that Zelda Twilight Princess is not needed anymore, sometime ago a few fella's cryed because of being uncapables of installing the HBC because of being uncapables of gettin' their nasty hands on a Zelda disc...!!
smile.gif

alright, thanks very much for your help!

tone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello.

I installed a modchip some time ago, although now I mainly use original disks.

If I were to softmod the wii, could I return it back to factory standards in the future? I would be looking to use the usb loader to run my games so I don't have to keep swapping disks over.

Thanks

darkrai1009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just bought a backup Mario kart wii here at philippines(I DONT BURN GAMES).....I have a 3.2u wii...its an korean version.....
i have a modchip installed called d2epro...i also got gamma backup launcher.....and HBC.....if i update my wii w/ mario kart...will it brick......What will i do?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im back
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    But that topic makes me sad. :(
    Abusive narcissistic ex shame guilted me into selling them becasue my gaming and interests were childish like a little kid collecting toys. :(
    +1
    I had soooooooooooo many of them. All still sealed.
    +1
    I eventually had to contact a domestic abuse advocate to help me get out of the apartment I was in a lease with her. And filed a restraining order on her cuz she kept harassing me after i left her.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt bring my Charger and nobody here has one compatible with my phone
    either you have usb C and no one else does, or everone else has usb c except you. haha
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, i don't have usb c
    That happened to me for like a year. lol. I was the only one of all my friends and family to still have an old phone.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, my phone is from around 2019
    Mine was from 2017. lolol. I just got this new one like 6 months ago. Not even new, second hand cheapo $40 phone. But it has usb c. lol
    I cant justify $1k+ on a nice ass phone. I can spend that on a 75" tv screen. Why a 6" screen device cost me the same? lol
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had a iPhone 5 for like 6 years, till last year, and had to get new phone, when phone companies stop using the cdna networks, which the iphone5 used.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A phone can do more than a TV
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    These smart TVs are getting close tho. Gonna be like "back to future" TVs before long.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah a phones going to always be more powerful than a TV if the TVs $2grand maybe but why when I can put a smaller device in my pocket that does basically everything a TV already does
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can justify a decent $800 smartphone that'll last 3 years when I could get a 65" TV for $400 and buy a decent micro computer for $100 more
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tbf there are decent $400 smartphones in today's market that make top end spec phones unjust it's just what you want
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Found a Charger that works with my phone
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Yeah Ken I have 3 Samsung Phones now and honestly all 3 feel about the same
    A35 a S23 FE S24 Ultra lol
    Camera is about the only thing that legit separates them, unless you play games on your phone....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I honestly just download movies on my phone put them on my card reader then on my tv so much better than wireless transfer bs
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Glad I bought a card reader type c and usb A makes life easy
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Glad I bought a card reader type c and usb A makes life easy