Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

ubernode

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay. This is my second wii mod. Both with a yellow stickered wiikey2. Chips work fine.

First system started off from the store with 3.3U. I updated to 3.4U before installing HBC and downgrading to 3.2U following EoC's wonderful guide. Everything's working perfectly and I have no complaints here.

My second system started off 3.1U. Had never been connected to the net or anything. I started off using the same EoC guide to get to 3.2U. HBC installed fine. Skipped to step 2 as instructed and used cIOS downgrader to 'update' to 3.2U. Fine. Stopped there.

Then I went to this topic to get System 4.0 and the SD card support. Installed cIOS36r10 okay, think I had to go back to EoC and install IOS16-64-v257 and cios_fix to get the cIOS downgrader to work again. Ran the 4.0 Updater and the IOS60 patcher as instructed (except I opted to update the Shop channel as well). Followed that up with the preloader 0.29 install and all went perfectly.

Problem:

I am having particular problems with the News channel. It does show me the top stories scrolling by, but when I try to open the channel, I get Error Code News000006.

I've tried the Change Country solution, no go. I'm concerned about Formatting the System due to the custom changes, modchip, and preloader I have installed.

Oh, and I also tried the SCU utility to update the news channel only. That didn't work.

Are there any other tried/true solutions to this problem that I haven't found yet?

D

Deleted User

Directed at Canook btw.

Cioscorp allows you to boot backups through disc channel, but a few downsides:

1)Speed is limited in 3x (Before you ask, it won't be fixed, it can't) (And yea, 3x makes FMVs stutter)

2)It is not region-free (Which is bad because there are certain exclusives)

What I would recommend is getting both
wink.gif
(Modchip and Softmod). Then you'd play with USB Loader (Which is cool). Then you'd be just like me
biggrin.gif

sirhc6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
kinda of a double post but i think its more appropriate here.. sorry

basically last time i checked gamma 0.3 with rev7 and a safe update to 3.3u was new and good.

that was a while ago.. my external HDD is being used aalot, and i only have 2gb usb sticks. are the game iso's the same file size when they go on the hard drive? (will my 2gb be too small?)

assuming 2gb is to small, there is no need for usb loader... is there any updates to gamma? or should i go back to 3.2? or 4? should i get preloader or any other new loaders if im satisfied with gamma? is there a way to see if i did the 002 error fix? thats the only thing im not sure about wat i have.. if i dont have it, is it worth getting?...

lastly when is there gunna be a 1 step reset to normal, and a best choice for loaders in 1 step? lmao it would saave alot of these posts!

thanks in advance!

D

Deleted User

sirhc6 said:
kinda of a double post but i think its more appropriate here.. sorry

basically last time i checked gamma 0.3 with rev7 and a safe update to 3.3u was new and good.

that was a while ago.. my external HDD is being used aalot, and i only have 2gb usb sticks. are the game iso's the same file size when they go on the hard drive? (will my 2gb be too small?)

No. It's resized. Garbage data is taken out. Average size of an ISO is 3 gigs.

assuming 2gb is to small, there is no need for usb loader... is there any updates to gamma?
No.

or should i go back to 3.2? or 4?
I recommend updating to 4.0.

should i get preloader or any other new loaders if im satisfied with gamma?
Preloader is not a loader. It's an anti-brick application.

is there a way to see if i did the 002 error fix? thats the only thing im not sure about wat i have.. if i dont have it, is it worth getting?...
If you don't have Error 002 (Which occurs when playing new games. Such as, Madworld, NFS), then you have a gamma that has Error 002.

lastly when is there gunna be a 1 step reset to normal, and a best choice for loaders in 1 step? lmao it would saave alot of these posts!

Best choice for loaders in one step? I don't get what you're trying to say.

thanks in advance!

Damn, this is a bunch of questions. You should number it, you know
wink.gif

Plus, use English, not Internet. Because it's hard to read, ya, seriously.

QUOTE(ubernode @ Apr 23 2009, 07:01 AM) Okay. This is my second wii mod. Both with a yellow stickered wiikey2. Chips work fine.

First system started off from the store with 3.3U. I updated to 3.4U before installing HBC and downgrading to 3.2U following EoC's wonderful guide. Everything's working perfectly and I have no complaints here.

My second system started off 3.1U. Had never been connected to the net or anything. I started off using the same EoC guide to get to 3.2U. HBC installed fine. Skipped to step 2 as instructed and used cIOS downgrader to 'update' to 3.2U. Fine. Stopped there.

Then I went to this topic to get System 4.0 and the SD card support. Installed cIOS36r10 okay, think I had to go back to EoC and install IOS16-64-v257 and cios_fix to get the cIOS downgrader to work again. Ran the 4.0 Updater and the IOS60 patcher as instructed (except I opted to update the Shop channel as well). Followed that up with the preloader 0.29 install and all went perfectly.

Problem:

I am having particular problems with the News channel. It does show me the top stories scrolling by, but when I try to open the channel, I get Error Code News000006.

I've tried the Change Country solution, no go. I'm concerned about Formatting the System due to the custom changes, modchip, and preloader I have installed.

Oh, and I also tried the SCU utility to update the news channel only. That didn't work.

Are there any other tried/true solutions to this problem that I haven't found yet?

Have you installed IOS 61? That could work.

D

Deleted User

BigBangAttack said:
Starfall won't install for me...

its ver= 0.5

and it saya

Failed!
exiting...

help?

What firmware are you? Starfall only works for 3.2 with trucha IOS

ubernode

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
afif95 said:
Have you installed IOS 61? That could work.

Step 6 here says not to... ?? What are the downsides to installing it?

QUOTE6) Run the IOS60 updater
say NO to install IOS61
say YES to install IOS60
say YES to patch IOS60
say NO to install the shop channel

Edit... Since posting, I downgraded to v3.2 to see if that would do it. But that only installed IOS30 and System Menuv289. So back to 4.0 I go, maybe trying IOS61 on the way. Still new at all this, tho. Like to know what it is I'm doing before I do it.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Edit... I think I got it... Opened up AnyTitle Deleter DB (WiiBrew) and found two copies of each of Weather and News channels. Deleting the (presumably) older ones resulted in the 'Update now for these channels' being displayed. I returned, deleted the remaining two, downgraded to 3.1 and back up to 3.2 (didn't bother checking between). That still didn't bring them back (after updating to 3.2, I mean). But now, running Wani's 4.0 updater, I see it downloading them both succssfully... fingers crossed. Gotta let the cat out. F***er

Again... Nope. That didn't seem to do the trick. They did, of course, reset to their default, asking to confirm time and date. Maybe I try deleting them again and use SCU to avoid the rest of the process. This time, with WC24 disabled??

Pulling my hair out.... Not that it's a big deal, getting the news channel working, but it's driving me crazy!

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sirhc6 said:
if i dont have any anti bricking apps do i need one?, if im not updating anything how can my wii be bricked?
Its always nice to have some kind of protection even if your not updating.

You could download a bad wad file for a vc or wiiware game and that could cause a banner brick.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sirhc6 said:
whats a banner brick? is it fixable? or only if u have starfall/preloader?

Its installing a bad wad that was created improperly.

Theres no way to know its bad until you install it.

And yes preloader can recover you from this i dont think starfall can.

BigBangAttack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Starfall still isn't working...

Can someone show me where to get trucha?

and how does it work...

Ill tell you what I have so far Just in case...

*Twilight Hack
*IOS16-v257-prod.wad
*cIOS36rev8
*Downgraded to 3.2U (using Custom IOS Downgrader v1.1)
*Tried Starfall but it said:

Failed
Exiting...

Now what do I do?

afif95 said Starfall only works on 3.2 with Trucha IOS

I got 3.2U, but Trucha IOS?

Don't know what it is, dont know if i really need it, dont know what to do

Somebody has to take away the don't and make 'em I's

lol

plz help quick

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BigBangAttack said:
Starfall still isn't working...

Can someone show me where to get trucha?

and how does it work...

Ill tell you what I have so far Just in case...

*Twilight Hack
*IOS16-v257-prod.wad
*cIOS36rev8
*Downgraded to 3.2U (using Custom IOS Downgrader v1.1)
*Tried Starfall but it said:

Failed
Exiting...

Now what do I do?

afif95 said Starfall only works on 3.2 with Trucha IOS

I got 3.2U, but Trucha IOS?

Don't know what it is, dont know if i really need it, dont know what to do

Somebody has to take away the don't and make 'em I's

lol

plz help quick

Try running IOS Downgrader.That should give the trucha signing back to all the IOS.

Its not the one you already ran which is CIOS DOWNGRADER

FIND IOS DOWNGRADER

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BigBangAttack said:
lolz I didn't put that on SD Card...

I'm gonna do that now..

On the IOS Downgrader, do i put everything to 3.2U like in cIOS downgrader???

IOS downgrader just patches the IOS's i believe doesnt matter which system menu your on i dont think.

i ran it when i originally downgraded to 3.2 but since ive updated to 4.0 and after updating to 4.0 i ran it again.

Just give it a run and see.I dont think you have to choose anything really just start the dol file and thats it other then having an internet connection.

http://www.teknoconsolas.tv/wanin/IOS-Downgrader_v1.zip is what you want.

omanish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using a NTSC Wii and was wondering when a backup game loads and flashes green when booting is that an indication of anything?

(Note the game still boots up goes to title screen etc and works perfectly)

Lemeshianos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys! I stayed away for a bit. Actually since backup loader 1.3.
I recently found out about the usb loaders and came here to read a little bit.

The thing is now I am confused.
There are quite a few loaders. Others only usb, others with gui, others sd, others have all of them but not stable.

Anyway I'm looking to installing a USB loader on a friends wii.
Which one has the most user-friendly interface and is stable? I don't mind if it doesn't support SD.
I want something simple that a child will be able to use.(10-15 years old)
Can you please point me to the right direction?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==