Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Nguman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey how can I a.) install gamecube loader 0.2 (frustrates me)
b.) install 4.0 on a 3.3u if its possible and be able to retain my homebrew. (starting to frustrate)

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Ok Guys...

I want to have access to SD & USB loading games...
I have a modded Wii with 3.2 (no cIOS or whatever installed.. to be honest i'm not even sure what they are, so i havent risked anything with the tutorials around).

I wanted to keep my Wii running Trucha Discs while using the SD and USB for wiiware/ISO's.

Anyone that can give me a little help with what to do? Tutorials to follow and such... since there are way too much tutorials flooding here... and not all are full proof (AKA avoiding Bricks)

Thanks...

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
RecklessReaperr said:
How can I down grade from 4.0 if I have no cIOS installed and can't install any cIOS or WADs?

I believe you can't yet, cause you can't install a cIOS, and the cIOS is needed to run the downgrader

QUOTE said:
So I can just stick in a 16gb USB 2.0 flash drive and it will load?

If it is a compatible device..yes it will load wii games installed with the wbfs tool

QUOTE said:
People claimed to have gotten Rune Factory Frontier to work with the USB Loader. However, when I try to play it, it freezes on a loading screen when I try to leave the house. Is anyone else having this problem too, or is it just me? The game runs fine on gamma, but videos stutters so I wanted to use it from my HDD.

I saw a post saying that when he uses his HDD dunnowhatbrand, he got freezing every 15min or so, and then he tryed his SD card-reader and now got the games working flawlessly

Hey how can I a.) install gamecube loader 0.2 (frustrates me)
b.) install 4.0 on a 3.3u if its possible and be able to retain my homebrew. (starting to frustrate)

A) Run the cMIOS installer and use the GC Backup loader
B) Use the cIOS60BF and SysMenu4.0 installer or something like that

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hero-Link said:
Ok Guys...

I want to have access to SD & USB loading games...
I have a modded Wii with 3.2 (no cIOS or whatever installed.. to be honest i'm not even sure what they are, so i havent risked anything with the tutorials around).

I wanted to keep my Wii running Trucha Discs while using the SD and USB for wiiware/ISO's.

Anyone that can give me a little help with what to do? Tutorials to follow and such... since there are way too much tutorials flooding here... and not all are full proof (AKA avoiding Bricks)

Thanks...

You can't load fake signed disc above 3.2, so choose between keep runing your fake-signed disc or having the SD thing for the WW ad VC games, I really can't think why I need to launch games from the SD card, but I guess you spend 24 hr per day playing with all your owned WW and VC games...!!
wink.gif

zahara2112

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, ive got a little problem that i cant seem to solve

Im on 4.0 and i have the gcbackup launcher installed and miospatcher is done,

ive just burnt the legend of zelda windwaker, and every time i try and load it it goes to a screen were it asks me if i want to make a save file, AND the stupid joystick on the controller wont let me choose yes. but the a and b buttons work and so does everything else

i have a wireless wavebird

could someone plz help me out it would be greatly appreciated

thanks in advance

KaizokuDawg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question about the WAD Manager and Wii in general:
What happens if you accidentally install more wads than you have space for?

Earlier I was doing some installing and then when I went back to the system menu it said I was out of space and jumped right to the data management menu. I went to move some channels to my SD card and the first one was ~300 blocks but after moving it I still had 0 blocks free. The second one was ~150 blocks and when it was done I had ~124 free blocks or so. It seems like my installs were all fine.Ive never had the issue come up before and it perplexed me enough to inquire about it since I thought the install would simply not work if I didn't have enough blocks so I just kept installing for a while before going to the system.

So I'm basically asking:
Does the Wii have an extra space that the wads get installed to when you run out of blocks?

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I have another question (Sorry, don't really know anything about the Wii). If I ever brick my Wii to the point where I have to use the Savemiifrii method, can I fix it with an update from a legit copy of Wii Fit? Or will I have to install a modchip and make a custom autoboot disc with the necessary files to update the system firmware?

notorios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Can the Ipod be used with USB Loader, i keep getting an error "Error writing hd sector", when i try to format it with wbfs manager and the Wii does not pick it up just like that.

outlawpika

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sess said:
You can use WiiScrubber to remove (but keep one) videos from Subspace Emissary. On that adventure mode, everytime you get to a cutscene, the same video plays. But I'm sorry, can't help you with that one, I don't know how to remove the other videos. :/
so how can i make it a smaller size...
im not suggesting removing videos is the only way.....
or how can i do what you just described?....

DrOMFG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I got a question. I got a PAL wii but most of the offered games are NTSC-U. So I patch them with the brickblocker. Now my problem is, I only use windows because the brickblocker doesnt work on Mac OSX. So my question is: Do I really need to patch my ISOs to block their update? I use the new USB loader.

Thanks in advance
smile.gif

Ell2Cool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Guys,

Im just about to get a Wii and would love to get the backups running without the use of a modchip. Ive been reading and reading but theres still some things im not sure of and was hoping someone could help me.

Ive read that 3.2 is THE firmware to have so you can use trucha signed discs but does that mean if i was to upgrade to 4.0 using this waninkoko guys updater, i still wouldnt be able to use them?

also, what is IOS249? ive read that some games require this to play? if thats the case that what comes as standard on the wii and why would these games need seperate IOS's. is this the same one that cames bundled with the new USB launcher?

i would also like to block updates on backups, i would use brickblocker, but is there anything that i could use on the wii to garantee this, even on retail discs? ive heard about starfall or preloader but dotn really know much about this.

and IOS60 and IOS61??????? reading up on updating to 4 (or maybe not ive read so much i cant remember) that you dont install one but do the other, what are they used for??

CIOScorp2 anyone. what is it?

basically i would at the end of the day like to be able to load both backups from a USB HDD and with burnt games, and have read that there is an option to load them through the disc channel. is that where you would load retail games? if thats so and didnt apply this extra patch, where would they normally load from?

many thanks guys.

marcusb

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, this next question might be fairly simple but the thread is signposted as "NOOB PARADISE"

I've a 3.2E pal Wii.

I installed the Homebrew Channel beta9 last October using the Twilight Hack.

I installed a number of virtual console games.

I haven't upgraded the Wii firmware since then.

Now I see there's a USB loader out. I would very much like to get this working on my Wii.
smile.gif

I *think* all i have to do is install the IOS36-64-v1042.wad, cIOS36_rev9 and USB-Loader_v1.1 with the wad manager.

Am I right? Have i missed out any steps, do i need to install anything else first?

Jerry Maine

Trophies
XP
Country
Another noob question...

I have a Japanese wii with 3.2j f/w. Can I use a PAL version of Zelda to initiate my homebrew install, courtesy of either a drivekey or freeloader?

Jerry

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
DrOMFG said:
I got a question. I got a PAL wii but most of the offered games are NTSC-U. So I patch them with the brickblocker. Now my problem is, I only use windows because the brickblocker doesnt work on Mac OSX. So my question is: Do I really need to patch my ISOs to block their update? I use the new USB loader.

Thanks in advance
smile.gif

All loaders (Gecko OS/Gamma, SoftChip and the usb loader) ignore updates. When you use loaders, brickblocker causes more problems then it solves. And if you are afraid, before an update is installed, you are always asked(maybe except when you autoboot a disc with update, but that's complicated).

luser404

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
marcusb said:
Ok, this next question might be fairly simple but the thread is signposted as "NOOB PARADISE"

I've a 3.2E pal Wii.

I installed the Homebrew Channel beta9 last October using the Twilight Hack.

I installed a number of virtual console games.

I haven't upgraded the Wii firmware since then.

Now I see there's a USB loader out. I would very much like to get this working on my Wii.
smile.gif

I *think* all i have to do is install the IOS36-64-v1042.wad, cIOS36_rev9 and USB-Loader_v1.1 with the wad manager.

Am I right? Have i missed out any steps, do i need to install anything else first?

You dont install the IOS36 wad. You put it in the root of your SD card and run the cIOS36_Rev9 installer. Then either run usb loader from the HBC or else install it as a channel if you prefer.

marcusb

Trophies
XP
Country
luser404 said:
marcusb said:

You dont install the IOS36 wad. You put it in the root of your SD card and run the cIOS36_Rev9 installer. Then either run usb loader from the HBC or else install it as a channel if you prefer.

Thanks for that mate.

DrOMFG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiPower said:
DrOMFG said:

Thanks in advance
smile.gif

All loaders (Gecko OS/Gamma, SoftChip and the usb loader) ignore updates. When you use loaders, brickblocker causes more problems then it solves. And if you are afraid, before an update is installed, you are always asked(maybe except when you autoboot a disc with update, but that's complicated).
Thank you
smile.gif

necasus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question,

I've been trying to use the cIOS36_rev9 installer and it has been failing and I can't find any info on it. All the steps are successful EXCEPT the "Finishing installation" one. It says ERROR and I can't remember the error code, but I think it started with a -2 (like -2010 or something...Im at work so I can't check it). This is with a wad installation AND a network installation. Anyway, I updated to the latest menus etc using waninkokos firmware updater beforehand. Would that be why? Do I have to downgrade, and is that dangerous?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: has some of the interesting what if s