Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

richy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Right.... I think I've solved the problem... sort of!

I was trying to play the game via the disc channel (i.e. I'd done a "reboot with hooks" like I often do so that a game shows up in the disc channel)
If I try the game by just launching it via the backup launcher (i.e. don't press 1 to get into the sub-menu) then it loads fine.

Is there no way of getting #002 error games to load via the disc channel at the moment? I guess it's not really important but I didn't know if there's a way round it or a fix?? Cheers
smile.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
There are 2 solutions to play 002 games for softmods via the disc channel:
1. cioscorp(i don't not recommend it)
2. Waninkoko's cIOS36rev8.

And before you ask, please do some research first. You don't need to install (a) Gamma (channel) to launch Gamma and you don't install channels via the homebrew channel, you do that with WAD Manager.

richy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
There are 2 solutions to play 002 games for softmods via the disc channel:
1. cioscorp(i don't not recommend it)
2. Waninkoko's cIOS36rev8.
cIOS36_rev8-Installer.dol
And before you ask, please do some research first. You don't need to install (a) Gamma (channel) to launch Gamma and you don't install channels via the homebrew channel, you do that with WAD Manager.

Hi. I have done some research but because I'm still a little confused I posted here under the noob section.
I think you're taking some of what I've said a little too literally. To get into the WAD manager you need to go via the Homebrew channel first, right?

I agree about not trying CIOScorp and as for Waninkoko's cIOSrev8 I have been trying to install that but I keep getting an error message (ret -1 or similar) and I've been trying to find out why. I've renamed the cIOS36_rev8-Installer.dol file to boot.dol and put it in place of where the cIOSrev7 file was when I first modded my Wii. I get into the installer and it asks me to choose WAD install or Network(?) install and I choose WAD. It then fails at this part. It looks like it's looking for a WAD file which I don't have. I'm confused because I didn't have this issue when I installed cIOSrev7. Cheers

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Did you use WiiGator's or Waninkoko's installer for the rev7 cIOS? They both use different files for offline installation. For WAD installation with Waninkoko's cIOS you need IOS36-64-v1042.wad in the root of your sd card. You can get it from some games with wufe(original games only) or with trucha signer or WiiScrubber from .isos. Don't ask here for the file, uploading it is illegal.

richy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Did you use WiiGator's or Waninkoko's installer for the rev7 cIOS? They both use different files for offline installation. For WAD installation with Waninkoko's cIOS you need IOS36-64-v1042.wad in the root of your sd card. You can get it from some games with wufe(original games only) or with trucha signer or WiiScrubber from .isos. Don't ask here for the file, uploading it is illegal.

Ahh.. that would DEFINITELY explain it. I used WiiGator's installer last time.
I've got a Mario Kart ISO image somewhere so I ought to be able to get the file out of that using WUFE or failing that using WiiScrubber. Thanks.

richy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry... yet another nooby question but I've looked and looked and I'm starting to go cross-eyed here!
wink.gif

I managed to install Waninkoko's cIOS36rev8 without any probs now but I still get 002 error if I try to launch "Need For Speed: Underground" via the disc channel (after doing a reboot with hooks). I'm confused because 001/002 errors are supposedly fixed with this cIOS... right?? Is there something I've still got to do?

I've got System 3.3E and this is everything I've done to my machine from new:

1. Installed HBC using Twilight hack
2. Installed cIOS36rev7 (now updated to rev8)
3. Installed Wii Gamma launcher (now switched for version with 002 fix)

As I said above, I know it's not the end of the world if it won't load via the disc channel but I can't see why it would work for some people and not others (i.e. me!)

Firehead03

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
firehead.applewalrus.com
XP
Country
United States
Apologies, I've quite a problem..
I've tried soft modding my Wii using two methods and nothing seems to be working.

Details:
Wii Model: RVL-001(USA)

Wii version: 3.2U (Downgraded from 3.3U; Offline method)

Homebrew Channel version 1.0.1 and IOS356 v4.18

IOSes installed: IOS249; IOS55; IOS53; IOS16; IOS38; IOS37; IOS36; IOS14; IOS33; IOS35; IOS34; IOS28; IOS22; IOS31; IOS30; IOS21; IOS20; IOS17; IOS15; IOS13; IOS12; IOS11; MIOS; IOS9; IOS4; cIOS36rev7; cIOSrev8; IOS36-64-v1042; cIOS36_rev5-64-v1042; cIOS249-IOS36-rev07; cIOS249r7; IOS16-64-v257; IOS36-64-v1042; cIOS_fix; cIOS36_rev8

I've used SoftMii (Preloader and such), Aquilino Loader, Starfall, and Menu Patcher

Backup Loader Gamma loads the games (MadWorld, WiiSports and Tatsunoko v. Capcom) properly, however when I press 'B' to reboot with hooks, it'll give me an error - "Exception (DSI) occurred! GPR00 80FA2788 GPR08 810C1428 GPR16 80E68518 GPR24 80E80000, etc..".

SoftChip Loader doesn't work at all.

Backup loader .1 doesn't work at all.

I can't get the backup discs to load in the disc channel using the SoftMii method, nor the Aquilino Loader method.

Also, starfall no longer loads properly, gives this error after I press 'B+1' - "Wii SFS Seek Failed -101" I installed preloader without uninstalling starfall/the starfall hacks, if that makes any difference.

So, what's the problem? Again, I apologise for any inconvenience.

Edit:
Uninstalled preloader, got starfall to run and uninstalled all the hacks. Re-installed preloader and I'm still not able to run backups from the disc channel.

JJBro1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do i uninstall softmii if i installed it with the softmii pack? Or better yet how do i enable and disable the starfall hacks if i installed it through the softmii pack?

kirokun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I have a few questions:

2us8hsz.jpg

fnu7uu.jpg

1670z68.jpg

1670z68.jpg

I know its a mess...

According to the HBC i have cIOS36_rev4...

I followed waninkoko's installation guide to install rev 8,i put the IOS36-64-v1042.wad in the root of my sd as it asks... however I being a total noob, don't know how to install the rev 8 or even know where to put it? I know i'm suppose to put it somewhere in the apps... do i just delete rev7installer.dol and replace it with rev8installer.dol?

2. This question haunts me since the beginning of the whole HBC+wiigator thing...
Since I have a custom ios installed, sometimes theres an update to the same ios like cIOS36_rev4, rev 6 rev 7 rev 8 and so on... now my question is... is there a need to uninstall a later rev and install a newer rev, or do i just install the next rev w/o uninstalling anything? What about moving from cIOS36 to like cIOS 50 or w/e it's at right now?

thanks in advance

Scathraax

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
So I'm pretty sure I have the who hacking/downgrading portion down. I just have to wait on my copy of TP to do it all.

But I have some questions regarding backups.

Once I've installed the HBC, and downgraded to 3.2, will my system play Wii/GCN backup discs from the disc channel like a retail disc? If it's not a feature enabled by default, can I enable it through other means?

And I saw another user stated they had burned multiple GCN .ISOs onto a single DVD. How would I do this myself, so as to not use so many DVDs?

mrgarrison

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
kind of a dumb question, which is why i'm posting it in here.
I'm reading this post

http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=120912

My question is once i pick a IOS for SoftChip (in step 7) to use and it saves that as the default IOS does the RB channel loader then default to that same IOS? eg: if i chose 248 instead of 232 and i used HBC to load softchip and select that IOS to use as default. Thanks
smile.gif

EDIT

answered my own question. The channel is made to only use 232, if its not there it exits. o well worth a shot

miikkak

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hi,

I have wiikey in my wii and I have some problems with games. I have burned Super Mario Galaxy to DVD+R disc and it works fine. Then I burned Fire Emblem: RD & Star Wars Force unleashed to DVD+R:s too but they didn't work. My wii noticed the discs but when I click the image in the wii menu, it loads few seconds and goes back to wii menu. Can somebody help me with this? I have burned the two other games to DVD-R:s but with the same results...
Someone told me that I'm missing some IOS:s... I don't know anything about IOS! Please help me.

diecast

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey i've asked the question everywhere with out getting a straight answer from anyone. get the research yourself answer instead of just a yes or no on my question. i have a wii with a wiikey due to time spent on other stuff and a wow addiction lol i haven't turned my wii on since then. I just want to know if it's safe to do nintendo official upgrades or if i should avoid them. any help is appreciated.

PopSmith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having a problem getting a Wii game to load and a multi-game GC backup to load as well.

I am using firmware 3.3u with Backup Launcher Gamma v0.3 fix 002 and IOS36_rev8.

First:

The only Wii game I have tried before today was Animal Crossing - City Folk which still works.

However, I burned Wario Land: Shake It! (NTSC) at 4x to a DVD-R and it won't boot. Gamma detects the game but doesn't boot into it.

Second:

I have a few multi-game GameCube backups I created. One contains Pokemon Colosseum and Twin Snakes, the other has Pikmin 2, WarioWare Inc. and F-Zero GX on it.

The F-Zero backup gets to the Nintendo/Sega logo and I get a disk read error. Twin Snakes green screens and freezes there when launched via auto-detect.

Thanks for any help!

kylel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay so I have a modchip and all games have run fine until madworld.
I've been doing some reading and it seems like I need to install the homebrew channel and run it from there?

Question is, I don't want to do the twilight hack as I don't have the game and i was reading somewhere that i could just download the homebrew channel iso.

However, i've been searching aroudn for it and it seems like the main site is down. Any one can provide me with a link or some help?

Thanks.

steam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 3.4U wii.
Fast questions i have:

-i have hbc and wiigator installed and have begun playing backups but after each game, is there a way to go back to the wiimenu? Seems like only can do hard reboot...then re-power.

-after creating my hbc etc...what can i del from the SD card?...i assume everything in the APPS folder...anything else?

-whats the best prog for playing GC games?

-whats the best prog for playing divx?

NOTWORKING123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ether2802 said:
NOTWORKING123 said:
Sorry but i dont know which section this post should be in,i downloaded mario power tennis wii iso and when the torrent file is done, i open the containing folder. there is alot of rar folders, i extract the first one then i open the zip and it show s another rar! i thought your supposed to find a iso in the zip. whats wrong?ether-install winrar and just do a right click and then choose "extract here" it will take a while to perform the totall extraction of it..!!
wink.gif

install winrar and just do a right click and then choose "extract here" it will take a while to perform the totall extraction of it..!!
wink.gif

it just gives me another rar.i extract the rar i got and it says no archives found.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, Sup