Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

MrBubbles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quickie here.

I have Riiski Mod 1 installed and I want to do the updated one that also includes GC support.

What should I do? Please read it SLOWLY because I don't want you to think my Wii is fresh, I already installed Riiski 1 and it works flawlessly. I want Riiski version 2.

timtlm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question: Has the downloadable content for GHWT and/or RB2 been hacked so you can download from PC and transfer to SD card?

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok this may sound silly but here goes. I already got my Soft Mod up and running, running firmware 3.4. dont have my mod chip yet(its coming soon) I have been playing my games by using the game launcher which is great, but I notice that when I go back to the home screen the disc channel, it just shows a disc and not the name of the actual game, but when I put in a game that I did not burn it shows the name, is there a way for my burnt games to show the name of the game when it goes on the wii disc channel..just wondering if its possible because it would be nice, when I turn on my Wii, to know what game is inside that way I will know. Someone told me that I would have to wait til my Mod Chip arrives in order for it to work because there is a way in homebrew but that its very complicated and could brick my Wii, is that true if it is I don't want to do it. Thanks so much

D

Deleted User

Well, there's Softmii, it's not that complicated, but if followed wrongly, it might brick your Wii.

But, I suggest you wait for the chip.

Anyway, 3.4 is a BAD firmware, downgrade please.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afif95 said:
Well, there's Softmii, it's not that complicated, but if followed wrongly, it might brick your Wii.

But, I suggest you wait for the chip.

Anyway, 3.4 is a BAD firmware, downgrade please.

Yeah I am just gonna wait for the chip then. Now that I have soft modded my Wii, when I get the chip put in, it's not like I am gonna have to soft mod all over again right? Nah, I don't see any reason to downgrade right now, I mean if I downgraded would I be able to see the game that I am l playing on the disc channel? I saw on youtube videos how people instead of going to their launchers to launch a game they went to the disc channel then the name of the game came up on the wii channel so I assumed it was that way for me too, but I guess not. They probably installed SoftMii to make it work

D

Deleted User

Yea.

And, I really recommend you downgrade. 3.4 is a bad firmware to begin with, and softmodding on 3.4? That's pure idiocy (Not calling you an idiot, BTW)

knet2020

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After my earlier post I managed to successfully use the Pinkfish disk and have managed to get full access to the UK shop (lot of effort for little result, but it was an excercise in learning) now I had a play with 'Any Title remover' and removed the 'Forecast' & 'News' channels. So I removed all the (j) versions following various posts here, all good, they went. I understand they come back, and they have now I get message 'A system update is required in order to view this channel' I have never seen this before so my question is really 2 fold and relates partly to the Pinkfish IOxx (sweet)

I am on 3.2E (ARC installed) I have HBC & Starfield (with skip update option) so IF i run the update will my Firmware be upgraded or JUST these 2 channels? If I use a PAL game from around the time of 3.2E with the Starfield check OFF would this simply re-install them properly?

As Pinkfish installs IOxx (sweet) will this cause me any issues?

or should I leave it as is,

Pinkfish disk gave me the info I required and whilst there are some interesting features there I am probably not going to use it again anytime soon.

Any help or info would be appreciated, all the searching I have done seems to refer to 'MP3 stuff' and has not proved conclusive.

Just a thought too, if I was unlucky enough to get a semi brick as I have the HBC would I still have my net access, it does appear so as I get my IP addy etc but would like it confirming cos any issues without net access could prove very difficult to sort.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Seaniccus said:
I'm hoping this is not a dumb question, but I haven't been able to find the answer.

So far, installing "Virtual Console" games requires the twilight hack, a wad installer, and special injection tools... I was curious and decided to look around to see if anyone found a workaround for the encryption, so one could inject a rom directly in the "content.bin" file on an SD card, simply replacing the rom from one game for another. In short, the Wii thinks you are running Mario, but you are really running excitebike. ...if that makes sense. I did some google searching and various links came up for "Team Blaze," but these seemed to pan out to be wad files as well.

Just as a curiosity, has anyone managed to inject roms into the standard encrypted bin files, or is wad installing the only way so far?

No there is no way to do it like that, you need to inject the rom into a .wad file, sorry, but you can install the homebrew channel and use Wad Manager easily, no need to use the twilight hack everytime you want to install a wad

QUOTE said:
Quickie here.

I have Riiski Mod 1 installed and I want to do the updated one that also includes GC support.

What should I do? Please read it SLOWLY because I don't want you to think my Wii is fresh, I already installed Riiski 1 and it works flawlessly. I want Riiski version 2.

Just update the preloader to v0.28 and install the cMIOS for GC launching, that's all the new things......well the custom health screens via the softmii tweak tool (softmii is the new name of riskiimod BTW)...!!
smile.gif

Quick question: Has the downloadable content for GHWT and/or RB2 been hacked so you can download from PC and transfer to SD card?

Not yet, sorry..!!
smile.gif

knet2020

I am on 3.2E (ARC installed) I have HBC & Starfield (with skip update option) so IF i run the update will my Firmware be upgraded or JUST these 2 channels? If I use a PAL game from around the time of 3.2E with the Starfall check OFF would this simply re-install them properly?
You will need Pikmin (PAL) or update from Wii Settings, but this last will update yur FW, nothing bad cause you can use cIOS and IOS downgraders to return to 3.2

As Pinkfish installs IOxx (sweet) will this cause me any issues?
No

or should I leave it as is,
Doesn't matter

Just a thought too, if I was unlucky enough to get a semi brick as I have the HBC would I still have my net access, it does appear so as I get my IP addy etc but would like it confirming cos any issues without net access could prove very difficult to sort.
Yeah you still can access, mostly the bricks will fuck your Wii Settings or entirely deny the access to the Main Menu

lololhaha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if this is the right spot to ask but.. I recently softmodded my Wii on 3.4u and everything was going fine, homebrew channel, and the backup launcher loaded up fine, burned House of the Dead Overkill and then when I ran it I got dvd error 324, which after looking throughout the forum is either some kind of software error or just plain crappy media. I'm assuming it's media since everything was working fine.. I used TDK DVD-RW 1-4x and burned it at 4x (twice) both times failed, and I read that most Wii's can't read DVD-RWs so I'm wondering if you guys could recommend any good DVD-Rs to purchase at a retail store such as office depot or something.

also is it true that DVD+R's wear out your Wii's laser?

Thanks in advance :]

iResilient

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lololhaha said:
Not sure if this is the right spot to ask but.. I recently softmodded my Wii on 3.4u and everything was going fine, homebrew channel, and the backup launcher loaded up fine, burned House of the Dead Overkill and then when I ran it I got dvd error 324, which after looking throughout the forum is either some kind of software error or just plain crappy media. I'm assuming it's media since everything was working fine.. I used TDK DVD-RW 1-4x and burned it at 4x (twice) both times failed, and I read that most Wii's can't read DVD-RWs so I'm wondering if you guys could recommend any good DVD-Rs to purchase at a retail store such as office depot or something.

also is it true that DVD+R's wear out your Wii's laser?

Thanks in advance :]

The myth about DVD+R's is false and is just there to scare people about backing up games and loading the backups on the Wii. I think the reason, as you stated before, is that the DVD book type is DVD-RW. There's some guide to fix it but I haven't been here long enough to give you the link. The best DVDs to use are DVD-Rs and the best brands are Verbatim ones or Sony ones. Make sure that they are DVD-R. And for ImgBurn burning, try setting the burn speed to 2.4x to ensure there are no burn errors. May take a good half hour.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well the best are Verbatims, Sony or Tayo Yuden (or whatever is spelled) and NO I have 50+ games all on DVD+R...!!!
smile.gif

BTW: try reinstalling your cIOS that worked for me, but it is pretty obvious it is because of the RW media

lololhaha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh thanks for the info on the DVD+R, I have a lot of Verbatim DVD+R lying around, I tried one just now and it didn't work.. I'm thinking maybe the iso file in the first place was broken or corrupted.. and also fixing the booktype might work, thanks for your advice

Seaniccus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
No there is no way to do it like that, you need to inject the rom into a .wad file, sorry, but you can install the homebrew channel and use Wad Manager easily, no need to use the twilight hack everytime you want to install a wad

That's fine, I understand that - I'm just seeing if there are any alternatives to twilight/modchip. Not that there is anything wrong with the twilight method, I just don't own twilight princess, I only borrowed it from a friend (whose copy is unavalible to me at the moment,) and decided it wasn't wroth buying for myself. (I am among the few who think Twilight Princess was an incredibly boring Zelda game. I just didn't like it, and i'm not sure why. I thought I would.) I pretty much knew I needed it, but I figured i'd ask if any direct hacks to the VC files had been accomplished, I knew some were being attempted before twilight, but I never heard if anything came of it.

I wish someone could figure out a twilight-like-access for Mario Kart, or a few other common games.

lololhaha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haha I'm trying to figure that book type stuff out right now, hopefully I'll get it to work soon, I've spent nearly 5 hours rummaging through the internet and trying different things.. I'm hopelessly lost >0<

btw, can I booktype or whatever using imgburner? or do I have to get Nero's cd-dvd speed Application as I've seen on this post here I'm not going to ask here cause it's probably too complicated to explain but if anyone can direct me to somewhere that explains booktyping that'd be greatly appreciated

er, figured out I could booktype with imgburner but still unsure of what to do =x

meh found the drive for DVD+R and changed to DVD-ROM, hope that works, thanks guys.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Seaniccus said:
ether2802 said:

That's fine, I understand that - I'm just seeing if there are any alternatives to twilight/modchip. Not that there is anything wrong with the twilight method, I just don't own twilight princess, I only borrowed it from a friend (whose copy is unavalible to me at the moment,) and decided it wasn't wroth buying for myself. (I am among the few who think Twilight Princess was an incredibly boring Zelda game. I just didn't like it, and i'm not sure why. I thought I would.) I pretty much knew I needed it, but I figured i'd ask if any direct hacks to the VC files had been accomplished, I knew some were being attempted before twilight, but I never heard if anything came of it.

I wish someone could figure out a twilight-like-access for Mario Kart, or a few other common games.

Well the thing is that Zelda is the only one with the caracteristics needed to do such hack XD, and that's why I'm telling you install the homebrew channel the next time you have zelda in your hands, that will be the last time you'll needed, and yes it is borring to some people, but it is the most common game I believe on the Wii, I only bought the Wii so I could play Zelda
laugh.gif

haha I'm trying to figure that book type stuff out right now, hopefully I'll get it to work soon, I've spent nearly 5 hours rummaging through the internet and trying different things.. I'm hopelessly lost >0<

btw, can I booktype or whatever using imgburner? or do I have to get Nero's cd-dvd speed Application as I've seen on this post here I'm not going to ask here cause it's probably too complicated to explain but if anyone can direct me to somewhere that explains booktyping that'd be greatly appreciated

er, figured out I could booktype with imgburner but still unsure of what to do =x

ImgBurn can also change the book type it is pretty easy, there is a button that looks like a book will lead you to the settings about book typing section here is a photo, ignore the Disc ID, that was used in another answer
laugh.gif

DiscID-1.jpg

knet2020

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
knet2020

I am on 3.2E (ARC installed) I have HBC & Starfield (with skip update option) so IF i run the update will my Firmware be upgraded or JUST these 2 channels? If I use a PAL game from around the time of 3.2E with the Starfall check OFF would this simply re-install them properly?

You will need Pikmin (PAL) or update from Wii Settings, but this last will update yur FW, nothing bad cause you can use cIOS and IOS downgraders to return to 3.2

Just to confirm, if I use Pikmin I'll stay on 3.2E (really dont want to do any more just now) if it aint broke I could break it, m8 u r a star thanks..

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
no no don't update with the game cause then you'll be at 3.3, just extract the forecast and news channels and install them, use either WiiScrubber or trucha signer to extract the .wad files from the .iso, and then use Wad Manager to install them on your Wii

Seaniccus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
Well the thing is that Zelda is the only one with the caracteristics needed to do such hack XD, and that's why I'm telling you install the homebrew channel the next time you have zelda in your hands, that will be the last time you'll needed, and yes it is borring to some people, but it is the most common game I believe on the Wii, I only bought the Wii so I could play Zelda
laugh.gif

I don't think that's true- I've read snippets from team twizzler, or at least on WiiBrew stating that eventually similar hacks will be possible with other games.

I know i'm going to have to use Zelda when I can get my hands on it, but it still leaves me curious about the other possibilities.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ZpMdTnZkpRQ?si=Q2MI4UugoSYifY7G Neat