Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
ether2802 said:
QUOTE said:
HELP!!! I tried using NuGaSa on an official Nintendo GC card, and 1- it didn't do a backup, and 2- my memory card is now corrupted! Is there a was to recover my saves, or at least format the card so it works again? It's the only one I have...

Go into the Wii Settings where you can see your GC saves and it will tell you that your GC memory card is corrupted and you need to format it, click on YES and it will format it, I don't think you can save your saves, sorry...!!
blush.gif

I just rebooted my Wii a couple of times and now it works
smile.gif
but thanks anyway. Still, is there a way to change the name of GC saves other than with NuGaSa? The new GC backup Launcher won't recognize the saves I did with the old GC Launcher. And since I'm using an original GC card I can't use NuGaSa to change the names
frown.gif

zant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi guys, i know this may be noobish, but its a very serious question. We all know that the wii internal memory is no where enough for today's standards. Can we install wads/channels to the sd card, so we can load from there? also, is there a preloader/ios patch to enable sdhc support in the native system menu?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
zant said:
hi guys, i know this may be noobish, but its a very serious question. We all know that the wii internal memory is no where enough for today's standards. Can we install wads/channels to the sd card, so we can load from there?
not possible, you can normally install them and put them on sd card afterwards, but you still can't load from sd
also, is there a preloader/ios patch to enable sdhc support in the native system menu?
no

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
zant said:
hi guys, i know this may be noobish, but its a very serious question. We all know that the wii internal memory is no where enough for today's standards. Can we install wads/channels to the sd card, so we can load from there? also, is there a preloader/ios patch to enable sdhc support in the native system menu?

no still can't be posible none of your request sorry..!!

QUOTE@ether2802 Thanks for the info duh didn't even think of region frii will see how I get on
oups I just saw my answer and forgot to write, that I kind of remember someone posting this solution on a PAL wii, not really sure it will work, but you can also run the game using the rebooter function on Gamma loader...!!!
smile.gif

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi, isn't there a way to backup GC saves from an original Nintendo GC Memory Card? NuGaSa and GCMM don't support original cards, and Sd2GC (or however it's called, I only know it has a 2 in the middle) only restores saves but can't backup them. Help
frown.gif

revanrules

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SilverSurfR said:
revanrules said:
I have a question about hacks.ini files for preloader. When I turn on my wii and get into the preloader menu it tells me i've got systemmenu v257 and preloader v0.28. If i Go to the Systemmenu hacks option it tells me, "No hacks for your systemmenu version(v257) were found." I've seen a bunch of different hacks.ini files, but in all of them the versions is either v289 or v290. Are there any hacks for v257?
For the most part no... Why don't you upgrade to 3.2?

I don't have a wifi connection at the moment, is there any way to upgrade without wifi? And if I had wifi, could I upgrade just to 3.2 or would it force me to upgrade to whatever is the most current version?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
revanrules said:
SilverSurfR said:
revanrules said:
I have a question about hacks.ini files for preloader. When I turn on my wii and get into the preloader menu it tells me i've got systemmenu v257 and preloader v0.28. If i Go to the Systemmenu hacks option it tells me, "No hacks for your systemmenu version(v257) were found." I've seen a bunch of different hacks.ini files, but in all of them the versions is either v289 or v290. Are there any hacks for v257?

I don't have a wifi connection at the moment, is there any way to upgrade without wifi? And if I had wifi, could I upgrade just to 3.2 or would it force me to upgrade to whatever is the most current version?
The only way would be finding a disc with 3.2 on it, but don't ask me which ones have...

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
wii_128 said:
Hi, isn't there a way to backup GC saves from an original Nintendo GC Memory Card? NuGaSa and GCMM don't support original cards, and Sd2GC (or however it's called, I only know it has a 2 in the middle) only restores saves but can't backup them. Help
frown.gif

WOW didn't know that original cards weren't supported
ohmy.gif
that's all the app there are for GC memory cards...!!

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
tj_cool said:
revanrules said:
SilverSurfR said:
revanrules said:

The only way would be finding a disc with 3.2 on it, but don't ask me which ones have...

there is no game with 3.2 update, but you can install manually the .wad files for 3.2, here is a list of the ones you need

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
DDRPenguin said:
I am curious, once I do the Twilight Princess hack, and have the homebrew channel, is there anyway I can play Street Fighter Alpha 2 from the SNES?
You can use the SNES emulator for the Wii and get the rom...!!
smile.gif

QUOTEo all wii downloads come in parts? I thought you just download wiigame.iso
It depends on where you are getting them from, and since the .iso's are 4.37GB I only know one place where you can getting them in just one piece, but you need to buy a memebership for 25 usd for 6 months, not bad....!!!
biggrin.gif

BTW: don't ask HERE about it, use the PM

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
yeah the classic controller too, not just that one tho, you can use the Wiimote alone, or with nunchuck, or the even a GC controller....!!!
smile.gif

Seaniccus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm hoping this is not a dumb question, but I haven't been able to find the answer.

So far, installing "Virtual Console" games requires the twilight hack, a wad installer, and special injection tools... I was curious and decided to look around to see if anyone found a workaround for the encryption, so one could inject a rom directly in the "content.bin" file on an SD card, simply replacing the rom from one game for another. In short, the Wii thinks you are running Mario, but you are really running excitebike. ...if that makes sense. I did some google searching and various links came up for "Team Blaze," but these seemed to pan out to be wad files as well.

Just as a curiosity, has anyone managed to inject roms into the standard encrypted bin files, or is wad installing the only way so far?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1