Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried getting who wants to be a millnare to work on my nstc wii it's got ciocrops and it's region free and it shows the main menu on the disc menu... but when i run it... it goes to a black screen and stays there what should i do should i change the region of the disc to nstc or something?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
well some games don't have both video modes, so I guess you should patch the .iso with any region free patcher, but again, if it doesn't contain both video signal outputs, something tells me it wont work, you can always try...!!!
biggrin.gif

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm not going bother... i would rather beat up a millonare on my Dreamcast... (that is if i still had mine...)

DarkChili

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2 questions

if you have CIOSCORP and a modchip, will backups read at 6x?

are there CIOSCORP'd versions of IOS16, 50, and the Korean ones?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
if you have CIOSCORP and a modchip, will backups read at 6x?
Yes, but with a ModChip there is no need for CIOScorp, and the backups will run at 6X because of the ModChip, not CIOScorp

are there CIOSCORP'd versions of IOS16, 50, and the Korean ones?
I made IOS16 and actually don't remember if I have installed the cIOS16 or the IOS16, IOS50 I remember someone made it because he wanted CIOScorp over SysMenu 3.4, and the Korean ones I have never had those in my hands, but anyway you'll have to convert into cIOS all of them cause they are not in the CIOScorp Package....!!!
tongue.gif

madmax23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi could anyone tell me if once i've installed Gamma if i can still play my original games,escpecially wii fit which i've heard doesn't work. Thanks

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
madmax23 said:
Hi could anyone tell me if once i've installed Gamma if i can still play my original games,escpecially wii fit which i've heard doesn't work. Thanks

If you only install the Gamma cIOS and a channel for Gamma then ALL originals WILL work as usual. If you install cioscorp/softmii, then you actually could get problems.

PS: To "install" Gamma you only need to install the cIOS, you can run the loader from the HBC of course.

beercan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
Hello everyone. After reading the "READ BEFORE ASKING QUESTION" sticky, I still have some queries I was hoping someone can help me with.

Here's my current situation:

I had to downgrade my Wii from System Menu 3.4E to 3.2E, and it worked fine. I installed IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad, loaded the Custom WM in Homebrew Channel and installed cios_fix.wad, loaded IOS Downgrader in Homebrew Channel, then loaded cIOS Downgrader in Homebrew channel and picked my region, and after downgrading in this way loaded the cIOS Installer in Homebrew channel and installed cIOS36_rev7. I installed the WiiGator Gamma Backup Loader Channel and tried a Japanese region backup which worked perfectly on the first try.

Now my questions:

1) So I downgraded successfully, except that when I go to the Wii Settings, it tells me that I'm on version 2.0E, not 3.2E. Most people say that the recommended settings are 3.2, so is this a problem? What problems could I encounter?

2) How do I bypass updates installed by discs?

3) I can't run any games from the official disc channel including older games, without being asked to update again. I know this is obvious, but does that mean that I have to load officially liscenced games from the backup loader channel as well? I've heard that the Gamma Channel is unstable. Also, I have the Gecko OS backup edition and the Backup Loader app on the HBC, but is there no way to use the original disc channel for official games without updating? Are there any workarounds? This question is partly linked to madmax' previous one.

4) The guide I found on this website added, after installing the backup loader, "You can also optionally install IOS38, as in some cases it is needed to run Animal Crossing." I have the WAD but wouldn't installing IOS38 disable the backup capabilities of cIOS36?
Anyway, I have the official (store bought) Animal Crossing game and it runs perfectly on the Gamma Channel, so should I even bother?

5) Perhaps the most ridiculous question of all; I find that my Wii is making a strange noise. It's working smoothly and I can load backups and genuine games fine, but the sound of the disc being read is about twice as loud as it used to be. Is this normal after downgrading?

Thank you for your time and patience! I’m quite a Homebrew noob as you can tell and even if these questions seem redundant or obvious to you, please understand that I prefer to make doubly sure I understand everything before bricking my Wii. I realize I've asked a lot of questions and that everyone's busy, but if you find the time to answer even one, it would be much appreciated.

Cheers!
gbasp.gif

madmax23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
madmax23 said:

If you only install the Gamma cIOS and a channel for Gamma then ALL originals WILL work as usual. If you install cioscorp/softmii, then you actually could get problems.

PS: To "install" Gamma you only need to install the cIOS, you can run the loader from the HBC of course.

Thanks alot for your time and help, much appreciated!
biggrin.gif
One more question, i'm following this guide http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=118446 to downgrade and install gamma but can someone tell me if when i put my original animal crossing game in, will it ask me to update and if so should i update?(because i'll be on 3.2). And thanks alot for this post because it is really helpful for us noobs.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
madmax23 said:
WiiPower said:
madmax23 said:

Thanks alot for your time and help, much appreciated!
biggrin.gif
One more question, i'm following this guide http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=118446 to downgrade and install gamma but can someone tell me if when i put my original animal crossing game in, will it ask me to update and if so should i update?(because i'll be on 3.2). And thanks alot for this post because it is really helpful for us noobs.
The reason you install starfall is to block wii updates from discs
So it won't ask you to update with starfall installed

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
beercan
1) So I downgraded successfully, except that when I go to the Wii Settings, it tells me that I'm on version 2.0E, not 3.2E. Most people say that the recommended settings are 3.2, so is this a problem? What problems could I encounter?
Well You have to run cIOS Downgrader again, and this time choose 3.2 not 2.0, not a problem, but every legit copy will ask you to update

2) How do I bypass updates installed by discs?
Starfall or preloader, but both need 3.2 SysMenu

3) I can't run any games from the official disc channel including older games, without being asked to update again. I know this is obvious, but, does that mean that I have to load officially liscenced games from the backup loader channel as well? I've heard that the Gamma Channel is unstable. Also, I have the Gecko OS backup edition and the Backup Loader app on the HBC, but is there no way to use the original disc channel for official games without updating? Are there any workarounds? This question is partly linked to madmax' previous one.
All the games are asking you to update cause you are in 2.0, use cIOS Downgrader again and install 3.2, then install Starfall or Preloader to block updates, you can run the games thru backup launcher or GeckOS without any trouble and it is not unstable that is just merely your imagination, in fact it can run games that your Disc Channel could when they are dirty, simply cause the Disc Channel read them and any problem it'll stop, and the launcher have a function called "retry", so they will try till they can read the game

4) The guide I found on this website added, after installing the backup loader, "You can also optionally install IOS38, as in some cases it is needed to run Animal Crossing." I have the WAD but wouldn't installing IOS38 disable the backup capabilities of cIOS36?
Anyway, I have the official (store bought) Animal Crossing game and it runs perfectly on the Gamma Channel, so should I even bother?

That info is incorrect, the launchers force ALL THE GAMES to be readen by IOS249, only ModChip users will need to install IOS38, and IOS36 as you can see it is a diferent one, so nothing to do with it, inside your Wii are several IOS, and it has the capacity to hold 255 of them, if you use a tool called "title lister" you'll see wich ones you have

5) Perhaps the most ridiculous question of all; I find that my Wii is making a strange noise. It's working smoothly and I can load backups and genuine games fine, but the sound of the disc being read is about twice as loud as it used to be. Is this normal after downgrading?
That's how the Backup Launcher works, nothing to fear about it

Yeah I know there are many place where to find a tutorial, but most of them don't know shit because they simply don't have the info complete, the backup launcher was born:

English:GBATemp.net
Spanish:EOL.net

So the exact info and all related to Backup Launcher, CIOScorp, RiskiiMod, SoftMii, cSSM, Healtii and many more, it is here, hence those projects were born here, so stay out of those "forums" with half the info, and stay here at GBATemp....!!!
wink.gif

madmax23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
[/quote]
[/quote]

Thank you, i'll try later. Right now my son is not letting me on the wii to try!

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
madmax23 said:
QUOTE said:

Thank you, i'll try later. Right now my son is not letting me on the wii to try!

I think you need a belt in your hand and an actitude like
mad.gif
, then you ask smoothly ".......can I use the Wii...???" and I'm sure your son will understand that
smileipb2.png

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
madmax23 said:
QUOTE said:

Send that kid too bed without food (just kidding
tongue.gif
)
Interesting to know is that Preloader can also block updates
but starfall should be good enough for you

bigblok403

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm fairly new to all this Wii softmod stuff and have a question. I successfully installed the Homebrew channel and the 03 Beta Loader channel. I now want to install the 03 Gamma Loader instead (Didn't realize this was the latest). My Wii has never been connected to the internet, but I did the Safe 3.3 u update. I want to know if I'll be able to install the gamma loader with the safe 3.3 update, or do I need to downgrade to 3.2 first?

MisterAlex

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
misteralex.net
XP
Country
United States
I've searched around and found information on how to edit/replace your health/safety screen, but is there a standalone homebrew app that will remove the health warning screen altogether?

I'm currently using a softmod that doesn't modify the health screen, and I'd rather not have to completely redo my mod if I can avoid it. Thanks!

beercan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks a lot Ether2802!

That was really helpful. Now I understand the point of Starfall.

Don't worry - I learned my lesson.
lecture.gif

I'll stay on this forum from now on!

Thanks again.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
bigblok403 said:
I'm fairly new to all this Wii softmod stuff and have a question. I successfully installed the Homebrew channel and the 03 Beta Loader channel. I now want to install the 03 Gamma Loader instead (Didn't realize this was the latest). My Wii has never been connected to the internet, but I did the Safe 3.3 u update. I want to know if I'll be able to install the gamma loader with the safe 3.3 update, or do I need to downgrade to 3.2 first?

You need to use the offline installation, wich is the same installer but with a files on your SD root, check WiiGator's blog for more information, if you have the cIOS for beta launcher you probably can without downgrading, but some people had trouble and had to delete (or uninstall) the cIOS first, run it and check for no error appeared on the cIOS installation, if so, install IOS16 (search for it) and then use the latest Multi_cIOS installer and use IOS16 to hang-on and then install IOS36 with DIP7 as IOS249...!!!
smile.gif

QUOTEI've searched around and found information on how to edit/replace your health/safety screen, but is there a standalone homebrew app that will remove the health warning screen altogether?
I'm currently using a softmod that doesn't modify the health screen, and I'd rather not have to completely redo my mod if I can avoid it. Thanks!
If you want to bypass the health screen just install Preloader or Starfall and enable the corresponding hack, it will not remove it, just bypass it, got it..??
smile.gif

hyAxis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone!

I have a Wii with System Software Version 3.2E. A while ago, I followed a tutorial someone posted on YouTube to get it to run ISO's, without really knowing what I was doing (stupid, I know).

So, I have this Homebrew Channel (beta 8) on my Home Menu. When I run it, I have 3 options:

1 - "Backup Loader.xml - Burned Backup Loader" - Version: 0.1, Coder: WiiGator
2 - "WAD Manager - Installs / Uninstalls WADs" - Version: 1.2, Coder: Waninkoko
3 - "/apps/DVDX/boot.dol - " - No info about version or coder.

I also remember installing some custom IOS's. What I would like to do is: remove all of this and set the Wii to how it was before installing all of this, but without losing my VC games or saves.

Is this possible?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
yeah just use the cIOS uninstaller from Waninkoko, and then delete the Homebrew Channel from the Wii Settings, that's it, and BTW you installed the second launcher, we are 2 launchers ahead and now it works great, you should better update the HBC and the launcher, but I guess you are afraid of something happening to your Wii, so yeah, just do the above and you're done...!!!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o