Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Burt0 said:
Can someone please answer this :

I have a friends Wii and I want to downgrade it from 3.3 -> 3.2 but I'm not sure if they have the October 23rd update installed. Is the downgrade method the same for 3.3v1 and 3.3v2 or is there extra steps to take with 3.3v2?

I've read that wads won't install if the Oct 23rd update has been installed, so could I find out by trying to install a wad or can it possibly brick the Wii?

Thanks again everyone
wink.gif

I forget what the difference was between the 2, I want to say v1 didn't have the trucha bug patched in it's IOSes.

DOUBLE CHECK THIS AGAINST A DOWNGRADE GUIDE
install ios16 with wad manager 1.3, install cios_fix.wad, with Custom Wad Manager (uses IOS 16). Run IOS downgrader (will make sure you have IOSes that include the trucha bug), then cIOS downgrader (will install sys menu 3.2 and IOS30v1040).

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
menage730 said:
Error :syntax error : missing' =' before 'EOF'
*REGION FREE WII GANES (ENABLED)
REGION FREE WII GAMES (DISABLED)
SKIP DISC UPDATE CHECK (ENABLED)
SKIP DISK UPDATE (DISABLED)
VERSION=290 (DISABLED)
SAVE SETTINGS8
[NO MENU BGM

THATS WHAT I GET WHEN I TRY 2 RUN SYSTEMHACKS PRELOADER V25
I ALSO GET UPDATE OPTION I UPDATE INSTAL STILL ON V25
ANY IDEAS

Some people reported that error after reinstalling preloader without runing the preloader_remover or shared2_cleaner, try using one of those and check back if still have that problem, and about the Wiimote....I kind of remember that you can turn your Wii ON with a wiimote even if it has not been sync'd with your Wii, use the red buttons like if it were a new wiimote and check back if now it syncs, I'm not sure if you need sysmenu installed to be able to do that, but it worth a try, I am really concerned about your trouble, cause even if they formated, I don't think your Wii should be doing that, you may want to start a topic with all the info you have gathered:

What was installed
How did it happened
What it's your problem
What you have done/try to fix it

in a topic you may find more help that just posting here

QUOTE said:
hi all!
this is probably the noobiest Q yet.
i have wiigator and gammaloader both installed for playing backups.
i am trying to play house of the dead 2/3 return.
hod3 plays perfect, hod2 goes to a black screen and freezes the wii.
i have seen people mentioning patching games with a certain ios to get them to run.

What you need is called "IOS Version Patcher 1.1" search for that tool, it is an .exe, place it where your .iso is, drag and drop the .iso over the .exe, and a window will promp then you just type 249 hit enter and that's it, your .iso will be patched to be readen by IOS249...!!!
smile.gif

Can someone please answer this :
I have a friends Wii and I want to downgrade it from 3.3 -> 3.2 but I'm not sure if they have the October 23rd update installed. Is the downgrade method the same for 3.3v1 and 3.3v2 or is there extra steps to take with 3.3v2?
I've read that wads won't install if the Oct 23rd update has been installed, so could I find out by trying to install a wad or can it possibly brick the Wii?
Thanks again everyone

Well to use the downgraders you need to install IOS249 (cIOS36_r7 aka the cIOS for Gamma Launcher) if you can install it without an error, then you can procced to use cIOS and IOS Downgraders...!!!
wink.gif

P.S. if not obviously you have to do the "Oct23rd FIX"

AndiNru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for letting me know I can use the TWH. I did it!
Now for the next steps,
Using http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs-g...matutorial.html
I started installing the Wad's They did just fine, now going for the downgraders they asked to check the network and threw an error -161.
I have horrible internet connection and barely got my new computer hooked up with it. I couldn't get my wii hooked up to it and had to send to it someone elses house to get it updated for the first time.
Do I have to have an internet connection?
Can I Get a backup loader installed without being connected to the internet?
I then tried to run the Cios and wiiGator and they checked for network connections also.

Dakota76

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hey all
Great thread for the noobs
i got a couple of questions

1. I got the Backup Launcher 0.3 Gamma with 002 fix and just purchased Wii fit and it wants to update. Sorry if its been asked, but can i take the update or no.

2. My other wii which is not modded in any way wont connect to the internet, i spent hours last night making sure everything was setup right, but still no go.

Thanks Dakota

D

Deleted User

Dakota76 said:
Hey all
Great thread for the noobs
i got a couple of questions

1. I got the Backup Launcher 0.3 Gamma with 002 fix and just purchased Wii fit and it wants to update. Sorry if its been asked, but can i take the update or no.
If you're using a gamma, it shouldn't prompt an update. Unless you bought the real thang, and wanna run it through disc channel. If so, get preloader or starfall.

2. My other wii which is not modded in any way wont connect to the internet, i spent hours last night making sure everything was setup right, but still no go.
If the setting is the same one as the wii with gamma (assuming they're both on the same house), best bet is, it's the WiFi Module

Thanks Dakota

Damn, forgot to put in bolds.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
AndiNru said:
Thank you for letting me know I can use the TWH. I did it!
Now for the next steps,
Using http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs-g...matutorial.html
I started installing the Wad's They did just fine, now going for the downgraders they asked to check the network and threw an error -161.
I have horrible internet connection and barely got my new computer hooked up with it. I couldn't get my wii hooked up to it and had to send to it someone elses house to get it updated for the first time.
Do I have to have an internet connection?
Can I Get a backup loader installed without being connected to the internet?
I then tried to run the Cios and wiiGator and they checked for network connections also.

If you can install wads without error, try using the offline installation of the cIOS for Gamma, look at WiiGator's blog, to downgrade you need internet conection or search for a thread about "GH:WT an Experiment with WUFE...." or something like that, and if you do your downgrade and in the middle of the proccess you loose conection, THAT CAN BE SOOOOOOO DANGEROUS AND ALMOST A BRICK FOR SURE

@Dakota

1. I got the Backup Launcher 0.3 Gamma with 002 fix and just purchased Wii fit and it wants to update. Sorry if its been asked, but can i take the update or no. Yes you can take the update, but if you are in 3.2 you can install either Starfall or preloader to "Skip Updates", and that way you don't have the update displaying anymore

2. My other wii which is not modded in any way wont connect to the internet, i spent hours last night making sure everything was setup right, but still no go. Maybe you have it blocked in the router/modem settings, you need to switch off the MAC filter

Dakota76

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks afif95for the prompt reply
yes the wii fit is an original i havent backed it up yet
i worded the question wrong im sorry, i meant to ask if the update is needed to play wii fit

as for the other question if it's the WiFi Module is there any way to verify or fix this

D

Deleted User

Again said, if the same settings is used on the other wii, than that either means:

1)As ether said, you might have the router blocks the MAC Address of the Wii. Check that by going into your wii settings, travel around with something that has to do with network. One page should pop mac address straight on your face. Then, play around with the router's MAC filter setting. If that doesn't work, head to 2.

2)Your WiFi module is broken sadly. I do not know how to fix this. Head over to the Wii Hardware section.

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maybe a stupid question, but is it possible to install 2 backup launcher channels ? I have the Forsaeken one that came with Big Moe's installer a few months ago.
This one does not have the #002 fix.

So if I were to install another channel that does contain the fix without deleting Fors' version will that work ??

D

Deleted User

Yea, it might also overwrite, depends on the Title ID.

IF you wanna keep Fors loader, get the wad on your pc, autoinjectuwad it with one of the .dol 002 fixed loaders, then install it back, should overwrite it.

If you wanna remove fors, and install a new one, get the new one, install it, then uninstall Fors'

Dakota76

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Again afif95 thanks for the prompt reply
My router doesnt block mac addresses
So my wifi module must be broke
I called ninty and they said to get mario cart and take an update from it

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
afif95 said:
Yea, it might also overwrite, depends on the Title ID.

IF you wanna keep Fors loader, get the wad on your pc, autoinjectuwad it with one of the .dol 002 fixed loaders, then install it back, should overwrite it.

If you wanna remove fors, and install a new one, get the new one, install it, then uninstall Fors'

Many thanx ! So no change of bricking ? (Unless I install a bad wad I know
smile.gif
)

Ps.

Like my new sig ?
smile.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Dakota76 said:
Again afif95 thanks for the prompt reply
My router doesnt block mac addresses
So my wifi module must be broke
I called ninty and they said to get mario cart and take an update from it

What firmrware have your Wii...??

fredboy700

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
hej
biggrin.gif
i have wiigasor gamma, and i burned my first game (mario galaxy) on a sony +R dvd with 4x speed, it works perfectly.

now i went yesterday to buy other dvd's and i bought TDK +R (i bought +r because i diden't knew there was difference between this and -R). I wanted to burn 2 games on those dvd's: zack & wiki and no more heroes, both pal, because my sytem is pal.
i burned them on 4x speed, but it dident work, the wii can't read the disc. I burned them at 3x speed and still nothing works. ( i already wasted 4 dvd's xD ) So, i looked up at the net and do i realy need to buy new dvd's from TDK but this time -R ?)
if not please tell what to do before im going to spend another 12 Euros xd

Ty, fred

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
mplayer.wad anyone?

just searched around for it for a bit and the only one i could find, people were complaining about it still needing the loop.mov in the sd root...

heh, its so old but i dont wanna keep loading the HBC to play dvd's
tongue.gif

AND do you need internet connection for IOS/ cIOS downgraders?
tongue.gif

AND whats this new control range or something that i've heard about? i was watching TV the other day and then an advert for pikmin came on and it said 'part of the new control range' or something... i didnt get it lol

also, fred, dvd-r's are the most reliable to use. dvd+r you need to burn in imgburn with a certain booktype i beileve. (wouldnt know myself as i've never used +r sorry!

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
QUOTE said:
hej i have wiigator gamma, and i burned my first game (mario galaxy) on a sony +R dvd with 4x speed, it works perfectly.
now i went yesterday to buy other dvd's and i bought TDK +R (i bought +r because i diden't knew there was difference between this and -R). I wanted to burn 2 games on those dvd's: zack & wiki and no more heroes, both pal, because my sytem is pal.
i burned them on 4x speed, but it dident work, the wii can't read the disc. I burned them at 3x speed and still nothing works. ( i already wasted 4 dvd's xD ) So, i looked up at the net and do i realy need to buy new dvd's from TDK but this time -R ?)
if not please tell what to do before im going to spend another 12 Euros xd
You better buy DVD-R, but if you have DVD+R you need to change the book type to DVD-ROM in the burning software settings, and TDK aren't so good, so you better buy Verbatim, Sony or Tayo Yuden
wink.gif

mplayer.wad anyone?
just searched around for it for a bit and the only one i could find, people were complaining about it still needing the loop.mov in the sd root...

I believe DJDynamite has a thread about several apps in channel format, dunno about the loop.mov I don't like the apps in channel format
tongue.gif

heh, its so old but i dont wanna keep loading the HBC to play dvd's
Lazy, is it just a few buttons more

AND do you need internet connection for IOS/ cIOS downgraders?
Yes you need it, or you can see in one of my threads, a theory about how to downgrade without internet conection

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Littlegreenmen said:
Can i have the zelda TH save and a normal zelda save on my wii at the same time

You can use the non hack save slot(s). But you can't switch the twilight hack versions then. I mean, if you are a 3.2 you need a different savegame then on 3.4. So if you have 3.2 now and you update for whatever reason to 3.4 and you need the hack, you can't convert the savegame. Maybe you can backup it then, do the hack, downgrade and restore it. I hope you understand what i'm trying to explain.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1