Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
ether2802 said:
adr990 said:
What is the Letter Type (Font) of Homebrew Channel Text:

the
homebrew
         channel

Thanks in advance!

This is a noob paradise, this question is out of range here...!!!
tongue.gif

Hmm, I don't get what you mean... (That I'm dutch will probably be the problem... - So can you explain that in other words? )
unsure.gif

But, I need it for... Something ...really.
smile.gif
rolleyes.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
the truth is I don't know the answer, so I can't answer such a high profile question
laugh.gif
is you wan't to know how to edit banners and stuff I recomend you to search for the tutorial about banner editing...!!!
smile.gif

Adr990

Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
ether2802 said:
the truth is I don't know the answer, so I can't answer such a high profile question
laugh.gif
is you wan't to know how to edit banners and stuff I recomend you to search for the tutorial about banner editing...!!!
smile.gif
I don't want to know how to edit banners etc... I already know that... (well... I have the tools and know how to work with it all
wink.gif
)

But that is not what I asked...
tongue.gif

I asked for the Font of the text in HBC Banner:

The
HOMEBREW
     Channel

john_smarty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks,
i just dont know how to make a picture in healthii
theirs 3 boxes to fill in and i am confused
and help would be appreciated

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
adr990 said:

The
HOMEBREW
     Channel

I guess nobody here knows that. Well this thread is for noob questions which have been asked over 100 times and moved here not to annoy people. But you seem to know exactly what you want, and it really could be that nobody answered this before.

I would ask this at hackmii, as the people there have to know which font they used for the homebrew channel.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
john_smarty said:
thanks,
i just dont know how to make a picture in healthii
theirs 3 boxes to fill in and i am confused
and help would be appreciated
Well I had at hand the past version, so only two boxes but it is the same:

First Box: You need to tell where your SysMenu3.2 is, be sure to have the right region for you
Second Box: You need to tell where is the image you want as a Health Screen
Third Box: You need to tell where is the image you want as "PRESS A"

healtii.jpg

Adr990

Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiPower said:
adr990 said:

The
HOMEBREW
     Channel

I guess nobody here knows that. Well this thread is for noob questions which have been asked over 100 times and moved here not to annoy people. But you seem to know exactly what you want, and it really could be that nobody answered this before.

I would ask this at hackmii, as the people there have to know which font they used for the homebrew channel.
Yes, I see.
Thank you both!
yaynds.gif

Adr

Supergluey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay i figured, i ask here before i make a thread in the main forum.

Is there any way the laser could defect and not be able to read discs after a certain period of time? i ask this because, i discover this whole using the HBC and the twilight hack and the gamma loader back in December. I was excited, because I get to play original games ( games i bought with cash ) and able to try out games, that I wasn't' sure was worth the money, the best of both worlds. I install all the necessary ios's i think those are called, star fall to prevent from getting brick , and some fix so that my Nintendo channel and shop channel are working. I started burning games, using Verbatim DVD-R's and everything was alright. I was also able to play my original games, that i bought like GH:WT even up to January.

However, yesterday when my buddy came over, after playing a burned copy of RB2, we decide to play my official GH:WT disc, put it in, showed up at the official disc loader, then loaded up, halfway through, it saids disc error. After that, i kept trying to load it and out of 10 tries, it loaded actually once, but would die halfway through in the game showing the disc error. Now i play Gh:WT near the end of January, for 3-4 hrs straight no problems so its' no the disc. So i thought, let me try my other official games, none of them work, most will show up in the disc channel, but will either won't load or show the cannot read disc error. Now I'm scared, i'm scared i might have screwed up my wii. I have two gamma channels loaded onto the wii , the 0.3 gamma and the one with the 002 fix, but now, some of the burned games that worked when i first installed all this stuff like cooking mama, which just gives me a white screen.

I need to note that I only use Verbatim DVD-R when I was at my parent's place, but since i move back to where I am living, I used Maxell's DVD-R, and a buddy told me that burned games need to be on special DVDs like his modded PS2 needs Taiyo Yuden DVD's in order to protect the laser. The maxell ones work fine, because I can play RB2 for hrs on end without any problems. I'm thinking of scrapping everything and then sending it back to Nintendo to get a replacement. I tried searchign the internet and thsi forusm for it, but nobody seems to have this problem. Is it only me experiencing this?

If you guys need any more info i'll be glad to post more. Thanks in Advance.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well the laser is like a lamp bulb so the life is counted in hours of use, but this lasers will last at least 10+ years, this software shouldn't interfere with your originals, I not trying to say anything but, How well you treat your discs..?? I basically always always always take them by the central hole and the side, if your discs have a minimal scratch, the Disc Channel is very picky and it wont read them if they are dirty, but if now your backups aren't working, then must be the laser, and you clean it you need to open up your Wii, thing that I don't think you're going to do, but believe me I live in the most dustiest place on earth and my Wii has never had this kind of problems, you are not the only one posting this, you may want to upgrade to 3.4 and then use cIOS and IOS Downgraders to go back to 3.2, you can delete the Channel without the 002fix, you don't need it, and if you want to send it back to Ninty, just use the cIOS uninstaller, upgrade to 3.4 and then format, in that precise order....!!!
smile.gif

NeoNight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone ever gotten Medal of Honor Heros 2, SSX Blur, and mortal kombat Armagedon to work without patching the games to a certain IOS then burning them?

acesniper

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
NeoNight said:
Has anyone ever gotten Medal of Honor Heros 2, SSX Blur, and mortal kombat Armagedon to work without patching the games to a certain IOS then burning them?

Yes:

ModChip
SoftMii

smile.gif
I've tried 2 different ISO's and 8 disks but SSX Blur does not work for me. Can some PM me a working ISO link? (Sorry if this is against the forum rules).

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
NeoNight said:

If you know which IOS is requested by these games, you can replace this one with a cIOS and the game(s) will work.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Well...Time to use this Thread, instead of making a new one
smile.gif
. I realy hope someone can answer my questions, since they aren't typical ones...

So, I want to start to make some Gamecube-Multigame-Discs, everything is ready, only missing: the .iso's. It's hard to find the ones I want online, so I decided after a few searches to give FTPii a Chance, and dump some. I don't want Waninkokos-Dumper, because I don't want a cIOS on my Wii. Now, everything works, FileZilla found the Wii, all Folders displayed, I can send and recieve, etc...

But I have two small Problems:

1)Instead of an .iso in the WOD-Folder, I see a .img ...How can I make an .iso on it? Simply rename?
2)Speed is slow...around 150-210 KB/s ...because of my bad Wireless-Connection? Is Ethernet faster?

Many Thanks in Advance
smile.gif

Adr990

Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Blue-K said:
Well...Time to use this Thread, instead of making a new one
smile.gif
. I realy hope someone can answer my questions, since they aren't typical ones...

So, I want to start to make some Gamecube-Multigame-Discs, everything is ready, only missing: the .iso's. It's hard to find the ones I want online, so I decided after a few searches to give FTPii a Chance, and dump some. I don't want Waninkokos-Dumper, because I don't want a cIOS on my Wii. Now, everything works, FileZilla found the Wii, all Folders displayed, I can send and recieve, etc...

But I have two small Problems:

1)Instead of an .iso in the WOD-Folder, I see a .img ...How can I make an .iso on it? Simply rename?
2)Speed is slow...around 150-210 KB/s ...because of my bad Wireless-Connection? Is Ethernet faster?

Many Thanks in Advance
smile.gif
1) With a conventor use google... or use IMGBurn... witch supports .img files
2) No this is normal... it just can't be faster ATM...

ATRochie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so i am an Ultra NOOB, and have some questions, please respond...

I have done the twilight hack, and have a system running 3.2U.

What is the best way to play backup Wii games??

What is all this IOS and CIOS talk in laymans terms, what are all the ones out there, what do they mean, and is there one that works for nearly all games??

Is there any advantage to loading wad games versus running those same games through an emulator??

Which emulators are best for NES, SNES, GENESIS, N64, etc...

What apps do I need, which apps are just dups...

Is there an app that lets me play backups through disc channel??

What do I need to run WiiWare games?

Sorry for all the ?'s. There just has to be a simpler way to do this. Even BigMoe's guide which is excellent uses alot of heavy acroyms and tells you what to run, but not exactly why. Just trying to wrap my brain around all this. Thanks.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
ATRochie said:
Okay, so i am an Ultra NOOB, and have some questions, please respond...

I have done the twilight hack, and have a system running 3.2U.

What is the best way to play backup Wii games??
Softmii has the best compatibility and runs from the disc channel

What is all this IOS and CIOS talk in laymans terms, what are all the ones out there, what do they mean, and is there one that works for nearly all games??
IOS=Input/Ouput system, cIOS = custom Input/Output system. They are used for many things. backup launcher has about 95% comatibility, softmii has 99% compatibility

Is there any advantage to loading wad games versus running those same games through an emulator??
Not really

Which emulators are best for NES, SNES, GENESIS, N64, etc...
Use search

What apps do I need, which apps are just dups...
What do you want to do?

Is there an app that lets me play backups through disc channel?
Backup Launcher, softmii (but thats not an app)

What do I need to run WiiWare games?
a wiiware game....

Sorry for all the ?'s. There just has to be a simpler way to do this. Even BigMoe's guide which is excellent uses alot of heavy acroyms and tells you what to run, but not exactly why. Just trying to wrap my brain around all this. Thanks.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The compatibility difference between softmii and Gamma(or SoftChip) comes from the way the games are loaded and not from the cIOS. And with softmii more than 50% of import games will not work at all or only work in the video mode they were made for(PAL/NTSC).

ATRochie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I plan on playing wii games in my region only, and the occasional VC or WiiWare game, then SoftMii is the way to go???

Why is everone always changing the IOS and CIOS constantly on these boards!?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ATRochie said:
So if I plan on playing wii games in my region only, and the occasional VC or WiiWare game, then SoftMii is the way to go???

Why is everone always changing the IOS and CIOS constantly on these boards!?

There no ultimate solution. Look here:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=123...p;#entry1639626

if none of the games you want to play is listed there, i would recommend you just to install the Gamma cIOS and if you want to a channel for Gamma. All your games should work fine then, and you don't need to know about all of this as you need with softmii.

And not everybody is constantly changing his IOS and cIOS, if you have the correct ones installed and you games work fine, there's no need to change anything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil: