1. Errorite

Errorite Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hey folks, had to resort to making an account to ask since none of the other threads or online guides have worked for me. I've been trying to load a WBFS on my 128 GB USB 2.0 flash drive through usblaunchergx / cfgloader / wiiflow, but none of them have worked consistently so far. The most common result is that on selecting play for any game, the screen goes black and my Wii freezes (doesn't respond to power or reset buttons, have to unplug), although sometimes wiiflow is nice enough to at least boot me back to the Homebrew Channel. Every now and then the game (Metroid Prime Trilogy) does run, but it crashes after I select my difficulty and any of the 3 games try to load (the logo appears at the bottom right and the Wii freezes like before). I've enabled "Block IOS Reload" in both usbloagergx and cfgloader, but that actually stops the game from launching at all. I've gone through all the aforementioned steps with base 56 in slot 249 and 57 in 250 in all these versions: v6, v8-final, beta52, and beta53.
    For reference, in usbloadergx, the only loader which successfully launched the game at all, the settings that worked temporarily were:
    -Video Mode: Force NTSC
    -Loader's IOS: 249 or 250 (tried 58 which was default but that didn't work either)
    -Game's IOS 249
    -Block IOS Reload (tried all 3: on, off, and auto, only off and auto worked)
    They can detect the games and everything, and I know it's not a corrupt .iso since I verified it with both Witgui and Wii Backup Manager (albeit through wine for the latter). I'm also fairly certiain it's not a hardware problem since the title screen thingy loads perfectly, just not the subsidiary games--and for reference, Nintendont can load gamecube .isos without a hitch.
    I really hope it's not just some stupid mistake I'm making, but I'm at my wit's end and it feels like I've tried everything.

Here's my sysCheck result:
    Thanks to anyone who can help!

2. ca032769

ca032769 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Best recommendation is not to use flash drives, they are the best way to have issues. Flash drives are constantly inconsistent.

I recommend purchasing an external hard drive like a Western Digital Passport.

Last edited by ca032769, Jul 27, 2020
    jeannotte and XFlak like this.
  3. Errorite

Errorite Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Reincorporated this advice and put the game on my 16 GB SD card...It worked! Thanks so much!

jeannotte and ca032769 like this.
  4. ca032769

ca032769 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I believe all loaders except USBLoader GX can read them off the SD card. Glad it's working and now you can have some fun with it.

jeannotte and XFlak like this.
  5. noobita

noobita Member
    Newcomer

Indonesia
    Hi all, it has been month since I havent visit, its because I've been busy dancing and zumba-ing :D I forgot to update my solution here.

Solve: track my problem
    HackMii installer hung
    Hung on Welcome screen or stuck
    Stuck because Press 1 Message is not showing

Cause by:
    Very old HBC cannot run latest HackMii installer 1.2

Solution:
    Use HackMii installer 1.0 as stepping-stone

My steps:
    After creating ModMii folder copy_to_usb files, I add extracted folder of HackMii installer 1.0 to copy_to_usb apps folder and copy it to sd card
    you can find HackMii installer 1.0 here there is a small words you can find there: Previous version: v1.0
    I put my sd card on my Nintendo Wii and run HackMii installer 1.0 from my very old HBC with success
    HackMii installer 1.0 can show Press 1 message
    I continue by Press 1 and begin to install new HBC (from HackMii 1.0) successfully
    Continue by installing BootMii (from HackMii 1.0) successfully
    After finish I continue by executing HackMii installer 1.2 with success
    and then update new HBC (from HackMii 1.2), update new BootMii (from HackMii 1.2)and the rest is history.

Now I can JustDance :hrth::grog:

Thank you all, I hope my experience is useful for you.

Sorry for my "perfect" english :D

• [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]

alexander1970 likes this.
  6. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    Interesting. I'm not sure how many people will find themselves in this situation since most people launch the hackmii installer from an exploit and not from an older version of the HBC. But it is interesting, since I thought the latest hackmii installer would work regardless of how it's launched as long as the wii has an official IOS58 (or 61,etc) installed.

alexander1970 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - PARADISE,