Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Maisum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4.0U

Was wondering, I have MarioKart on a CD, not mine its my friends, the original one. I wanted to copy it to another CD..how do i do that? Thanks in advance!

And I dont have an LG, not really looking to buy one. Anyway?

waterboy100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jabmaster2 said:
waterboy100 said:
waterboy100 said:
I have a chipped wii and i used the ultimate system menu guide 4.0 (though i did install 4.0.1)
i installed bootmii (as boot2), preloader, and homebrew channel 1.0.3.
It seems that most of my burned backups dont play any more. they load for a second and then they tell me that the disc cant be read. what is going on? they all worked perfectly before the update..

so i installed the USB loader GX and it works great for the iso's on my computer that haven't been burned to disk yet. When i try to install the burned backups to the hard drive it completes and then it takes me to a black screen. THis is a disk that i know is perfect (wii sports btw)..

most burned backups still dont work.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
Um are they burned on verbatim DVD-r. Maybe the cd have gone bad. See if u can extract the iso with imgburn to test if backups are good. If not maybe ur lens needs cleaning

i'm using memorex dvd's. and i didnt know that you could extract a wii iso using imgburn..but that makes sense since ive done that to check dvd's before. I guess i just figured that since i cant read the dvd in explorer that imgburn wouldnt work..

Thanks..

edit: so ive tested one of the games and it works fine. going to try a few more..

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nkbswe5 said:
My friend would like their Wii to play backups and such (she babysits or something, I dunno), I have a modchip but she doesn't so I'm not sure how softpatching works, and all the guides are different and it confuses me
Can someone explain or just point to a guide?
She has 3.3E
No internet! All guides seem to need the internet, is there any without it?

If anything confuses you you can read through my guide. It IS a bit of a long read but you can just read about whatever topic confuses you. At the end of it I link to some other guides that you can use offline as well.

khross95 said:
NOOB here. Just got a wii and played around with wads and CIOScorp. Now my every time i try to play wii sports the disc channel freezes and the wii ocassionally freezes. What can I do?

US Wii with 4.1U firmware. Any help would be appreciated.

You shouldn't really "play around" much with CIOSCORP, ESPECIALLY if you are new to things. What version of CIOSCORP did you install? also what wad's did you install?

Bugzykon said:
Hi guys!
I downloaded two games recently - Swords & Soldiers and Bit Trip. So, they are WiiWare games. WAD's installed fine, but when I try to launch game, system goes again to Wii Channels. But World of Goo and Defend your Castle (and FF: Crystal) worked just fine.
Here what I have: PAL Wii 3.4E + Wiikey 1.9s + HBC 1.3 + WAD Manager 1.5 + cIOS38(249)-rev14. So, what I am doing wrong? There is so many different kind of cIOS, that I've lost here and don't know which cIOS is good here or some kind of universal
frown.gif

There aren't really that many different cIOS's there are just newer revisions of Waninkoko's cIOS's and at the moment the most recent one is rev14 which you already have. The games not loading are most like due to you not having the necessary IOS's that the game needs in order to run. You can run dop-IOS v7 and scroll through the list of IOS's to see if you are missing any of them. Some important ones for newer games are IOS38, 53 and 55.

QUOTE(Jonkswa @ Aug 12 2009, 06:27 PM) how can i install nintendo wifi into vista

lolwat?

QUOTE(Maisum @ Aug 13 2009, 04:12 PM)
4.0U

Was wondering, I have MarioKart on a CD, not mine its my friends, the original one. I wanted to copy it to another CD..how do i do that? Thanks in advance!

You need to use something like Superdump to dump the the .iso of the game to a USB/SD device and then burn that .iso to a dvd-r with imgburn or sometihng or you can use an older dvd dumper application from your Wii to dump it over wifi to your computer, that will take longer to do than dumping it to a storage device with superdump though.

Maisum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
Maisum said:
4.0U

You need to use something like Superdump to dump the the .iso of the game to a USB/SD device and then burn that .iso to a dvd-r with imgburn or sometihng or you can use an older dvd dumper application from your Wii to dump it over wifi to your computer, that will take longer to do than dumping it to a storage device with superdump though.

For a USB device, could I use an external HDD? It'd be the same thing right?
And if I could do that, then that means I could store all my games on that, could I connect my external to my Wii and play games straight off of there?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gunfreak11 said:
Being the person who must know what the result of everything is, I was wondering if someone could inform me of the effect of patching IOS 15 in 4.0 update guides. Thanks.

I assume your talking about trucha bug restorer.

You downgrade ios15 which then patches ios36 to have the trucha bug.When done patching ios36 you restore ios15 to normal.
This is needed so you can install a custom ios(ciosRev14) without an ios with the trucha bug the custom ios will not install.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bowser said:
Can NeoGamma launch Gamecube isos from an external USB hard drive?

NO

there is no loader that can load gc isos files from external drives.Right now its not possible.
When the wii goes into gamecube mode to play gamecube games access to the usb ports are shut off there for preventing loading from the
external hard drives.

jazvdb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I've already did a lot of things to my wii and never got it bricked..

But anyways if i do brick my wii, what will happen? (etc. to the installed channels - wads, saved files.....)

(I have a NAND backup via bootmii)

mar093

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a bricked wii on 3.2 no preloader fully bricked when I put in (the conduit) and did the update. Is there any way to save it?

Furioku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to get the Wiigator GC Backup Loader 0.2 working on my wii, and to use it apparently I have to patch my MIOS, since it comes up black and makes me unplug my wii if I load it up now. Problem is the mIOSpatcher that came with the program requires an internet connection and my wireless is currently down. Is there anyway to patch the mios without it?

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jazvdb said:

But anyways if i do brick my wii, what will happen? (etc. to the installed channels - wads, saved files.....)

If you have a boot2 install of bootmii and you restore that backup, then everything will return to how it was when you made that backup. If you don't want to lose anything you've done since you made that backup, you can make another backup now and store it to your PC. NAND backups are like system restore points.

QUOTE(mar093 @ Aug 14 2009, 08:59 PM) I got a bricked wii on 3.2 no preloader fully bricked when I put in (the conduit) and did the update. Is there any way to save it?

Did you downgrade to 3.2 from 4.0? If so you had a stub IOS50 and just updated to 3.4 with that disc update and since the system menu doesn't have any IOS to run off of you are bricked. Without a previous boot2 install of bootmii, I believe that may not be recoverable.

Lesson to learn from this: Don't downgrade your Wii, and don't do disc updates.

fuegoRBD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 18 IOS installed! I have a list of them and am wondering which ones I can delete or which ones not to delete. Also if I should use anytitledeleter to delete anything not important.

Or if anyone can help me to get my wii close to factory settings.(with nothing homebrew related or close enough)

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fuegoRBD said:
I have 18 IOS installed! I have a list of them and am wondering which ones I can delete or which ones not to delete. Also if I should use anytitledeleter to delete anything not important.

Or if anyone can help me to get my wii close to factory settings.(with nothing homebrew related or close enough)

The Wii is SUPPOSED to have many IOS's to begin with there are actually about 23 official active IOS's right now so if anything there are a couple you don't have. AnyTitleDeleter is not the best way to get rid of your homebrew ESPECIALLY if you don't know anything about what you did to it.

I do not like to advise people on how to get their Wii back to factory settings. There generally are really not really many good reasons to do so. If you can give me a good reason why you are trying to do it I'll try to help you further. If it's something like wanting to just start over, don't bother. It's an unnecessary brick risk and a waste of time.

Also if you want to get rid of things, it'd be best if you actually know what you've done to it so far.

mar093

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
jazvdb said:

If you have a boot2 install of bootmii and you restore that backup, then everything will return to how it was when you made that backup. If you don't want to lose anything you've done since you made that backup, you can make another backup now and store it to your PC. NAND backups are like system restore points.

QUOTE(mar093 @ Aug 14 2009, 08:59 PM) I got a bricked wii on 3.2 no preloader fully bricked when I put in (the conduit) and did the update. Is there any way to save it?

Did you downgrade to 3.2 from 4.0? If so you had a stub IOS50 and just updated to 3.4 with that disc update and since the system menu doesn't have any IOS to run off of you are bricked. Without a previous boot2 install of bootmii, I believe that may not be recoverable.

Lesson to learn from this: Don't downgrade your Wii, and don't do disc updates.
It was a lower system menu but when I conected to the internet it updated to 4.0 so I downgraded to 3.2 then I was stuped enough to update with the disk insted of using usb loader.

fuegoRBD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
fuegoRBD said:

The Wii is SUPPOSED to have many IOS's to begin with there are actually about 23 official active IOS's right now so if anything there are a couple you don't have. AnyTitleDeleter is not the best way to get rid of your homebrew ESPECIALLY if you don't know anything about what you did to it.

I do not like to advise people on how to get their Wii back to factory settings. There generally are really not really many good reasons to do so. If you can give me a good reason why you are trying to do it I'll try to help you further. If it's something like wanting to just start over, don't bother. It's an unnecessary brick risk and a waste of time.

Also if you want to get rid of things, it'd be best if you actually know what you've done to it so far.

I used SignCheck and 18 came up. I had 3.4U and I downgraded. Now i have 4.0 because someone updated it. Everything works fine but I just want help with what isn't needed and what is. No need to help me with the factory reset. I just want to know that I'm not missing something or if something isn't supposed to be there because I don't need it.

Gunfreak11

Trophies
Website
teamvierling.com
XP
Country
United States
icpmattj said:
Gunfreak11 said:
Being the person who must know what the result of everything is, I was wondering if someone could inform me of the effect of patching IOS 15 in 4.0 update guides. Thanks.

I assume your talking about trucha bug restorer.

You downgrade ios15 which then patches ios36 to have the trucha bug.When done patching ios36 you restore ios15 to normal.
This is needed so you can install a custom ios(ciosRev14) without an ios with the trucha bug the custom ios will not install.
So this is not needed unless you do an official update, correct? Being on 3.2, I could just as easily run the "official" installer, right? I do plan to enable the bug, however, so i'll do it anyways. Thanks.

Edit - By "official," I meant Waninkoko's, as it wouldn't overwrite cIOS 249.

justmike

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
My Wii is softmodded to firmware 3.4E. It has most things installed.

I want to use SDHC cards, is it possible to upgrade it to 4.0/4.1 without losing anything?

Is there a guide I can be directed to?

zork152

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I have been out of the wii picture for a while, but I have a d2ckey installed. I'm currently at 3.3U. I have just put in Madden 10 and it wants to update. Is it safe to do ? Aside from the modchip, I have never done anything else with the wii, like homebrew.

The only time that I updated that I can remember was for Wii Music or Smash Brothers.

TerraPhantm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I haven't been keeping up with the scene, and it seems a lot has changed since I last was into this stuff.

I currently am at system menu 3.2, I have a preloader installed (not sure which version), CIOScorp, WiiGator's cMIOS, and I believe beta 9 of the homebrew channel. I see now there's a 4.0 system update, and I want to know if it brings anything worthwhile and if there's a safe way for me to upgrade to that while retaining all of my current functionality (most important to me is disc channel loading of wii and gcn games).

Thanks!

spacedkadet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
use waninkokos 4.1 updater first, install his cIOS38 rev14, then preloader 0.29 follwed by cioscorp 3.3 (not my thing but if you really want it)
If everything works as it is then you might not want to bother but if you want to upgrade to latest versions then this is the way to go.
Just whatever you do dont try to remove any IOS or brick may well happen. Upgrading over the top is the safest way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5