Homebrew Noob asking for help... [10.6.0-31E]

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Kay...damn. And how expensive is a hardmod? I have no experience with soldering but maybe someone near me does...

Here's a list of trusted hard modders you can ship it to.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/list-of-hardmod-installers-by-region.414224/

To get free games, you have only 2 option No Exception:

Buy a sky3ds with orange button ($100) or negotiate a better deal with the hard modders. An optional choice, you can take an electronic soldering class and do it yourself

Nikcat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey all. I sold the 10.6.0 3ds and looking into buying another. One I have my eyes on has 9.4 firmware.
Will this be easy to downgrade or to install all cia's??

pre10c

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well i found several 9.0.0 n3ds and n3dsxl in belgium, new in store. So i guess they are still in the wild

Nikcat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
As long as I can play either legit cia's or all cia's I'm good.
I want free games basically lol.

Virdoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
There is not much to know. Sysnand is original system software, while emunand is custom copy of system software. Emunand allows you to install cias and much more. You should deffenetly downgrade your console and install CFW (emunand). Rxtools is one of known.

Also for installing emunand over Rxtools you don't need to buy anything. Just need memory card. 8 GB is minimum, since new Pokemon games have around 2 GB. I would recommend you 32 GB card.

Last edited by Virdoo,

Nikcat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
There is not much to know. Sysnand is original system software, while emunand is custom copy of system software. Emunand allows you to install cias and much more. You should deffenetly downgrade your console and install CFW (emunand). Rxtools is one of known.

Also for installing emunand over Rxtools you don't need to buy anything. Just need memory card. 8 GB is minimum, since new Pokemon games have around 2 GB. I would recommend you 32 GB card.
okay. So as soon as I get the 3ds with 9.4, what are my steps?
There's probably a guide on this but I just wanna make sure I'm doing the right thing.

Virdoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
First you should downgrade it to 9.2 and then install RXtools, but be really careful. You might brick your console while doing it. Better ask if something is not clear, also there are a lot of tutorials which can be easily followed to help you.

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I used THIS guide. It really helped me. It even has the downgrading info you want to know. If you have any questions and you don't know how to ask in English: I'm Dutch so send me a message. I think I'm getting the hang on this :)

Nikcat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okay, thanks! I'll be careful not to brick it. I'm excited.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I used THIS guide. It really helped me. It even has the downgrading info you want to know. If you have any questions and you don't know how to ask in English: I'm Dutch so send me a message. I think I'm getting the hang on this :)
Amazing thank you!!!

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all. I sold the 10.6.0 3ds and looking into buying another. One I have my eyes on has 9.4 firmware.
Will this be easy to downgrade or to install all cia's??
What are the odds that a new kernel exploit was just released today, so you can downgrade and get cias?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1