Homebrew RELEASE Noexs Remote Debugger

matt123337

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Seeing as a few other programs have been released, I figured there would now be no harm in releasing Noexs. It's a program I've teased a bit on reddit and on the RS discord. Enjoy!

https://github.com/mdbell/Noexes

You need Java 10 installed.

Oh and don't forget to enable debug mode in your hekate_ipl file. here's a snippet of mine:
Code:
[Noexes]
debugmode=1
kip1=modules/kips/loader.kip
kip1=modules/kips/sm.kip
kip1=modules/kips/noexs.kip1
kip1=modules/kips/nx-dreport.kip

Shoutout to roblabla for helping us figure out a bunch of stuff!

Last edited by matt123337,

Kuroemon485

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
a quick look into youtube with keyword "matt123337", and I've got youtube[dot]com/results?search_query=matt123337
neat, mate, i've been waiting for this.

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing as a few other programs have been released, I figured there would now be no harm in releasing Noexs. It's a program I've teased a bit on reddit and on the RS discord. Enjoy!

https://github.com/mdbell/Noexes

Shoutout to roblabla for helping us figure out a bunch of stuff!
Thanks for releasing this. I've been keeping an eye on your channel.

What are the cstool.exe and kstool.exe for? I see the main debugger is in Java. Will I be able to use this on macOS or shall I load up my Windows install?

Last edited by DocKlokMan,

matt123337

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for releasing this. I've been keeping an eye on your channel.

What are the cstool.exe and kstool.exe for? I see the main debugger is in Java. Will I be able to use this on macOS or shall I load up my Windows install?
They're used for the disassembler, I couldn't get the kapstone (and keystone) java bindings to work. There may be a build for them on mac. If not they I can always just make the program disabled the disassembler tab if they're missing lol.

Reactions: eco95

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're used for the disassembler, I couldn't get the kapstone (and keystone) java bindings to work. There may be a build for them on mac. If not they I can always just make the program disabled the disassembler tab if they're missing lol.
Ah, okay. Do we need any other configs set for this to work? Such as debug or full perms? I'm trying to connect via network and not having luck.

matt123337

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah, okay. Do we need any other configs set for this to work? Such as debug or full perms? I'm trying to connect via network and not having luck.
uh tbh I've been using a prepatched kernel since we first started working in it (before hekate had built in kernel patches). It _does_ need debug perms, but I'm not sure about svc ones... Even without them you should be able to connect at least. Check to make sure port 7331 is open?

Reactions: TheZander and eco95

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uh tbh I've been using a prepatched kernel since we first started working in it (before hekate had built in kernel patches). It _does_ need debug perms, but I'm not sure about svc ones... Even without them you should be able to connect at least. Check to make sure port 7331 is open?
Hmmm, doesn't work over USB either. I enabled both debug and fullsrvperms, no go. Does the kip have to be on root as the ReadMe says or can it be in a subfolder as long as the INI points to it?

matt123337

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmmm, doesn't work over USB either. I enabled both debug and fullsrvperms, no go. Does the kip have to be on root as the ReadMe says or can it be in a subfolder as long as the INI points to it?
As long as the INI points to it. Do you have any other sysmodules running that could be using port 7331? And USB isn't implemented yet, it just has the UI stuff done.

Reactions: eco95

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as the INI points to it. Do you have any other sysmodules running that could be using port 7331? And USB isn't implemented yet, it just has the UI stuff done.
No, just the basics, sm and loader. I'm on FW 5.1.0 with the exFAT update applied. Will try on Windows and report back.

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I can connect now in both Windows and Mac. Progress! Every type of search I try to do however results almost immediately in the error message ConnectException. Here's a screenshot:
Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 2.11.44 AM.png

EDIT: Nevermind, I forgot to attach to process, duh.

Last edited by DocKlokMan,

Gren22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting a JNI Error when I try to run your jar in the release zip :/

EDIT: Updated my JDK and it works

Last edited by Gren22,

matt123337

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, just the basics, sm and loader. I'm on FW 5.1.0 with the exFAT update applied. Will try on Windows and report back.
Alright, I can connect now in both Windows and Mac. Progress! Every type of search I try to do however results almost immediately in the error message ConnectException. Here's a screenshot:
View attachment 137163

EDIT: Nevermind, I forgot to attach to process, duh.
That reminds me I need to actually pretty-print those results lol. Anything where mod is 349 means it's a Noexs error.

See this for reference:
https://github.com/mdbell/Noexes/blob/master/server/source/noexs/include/errors.h#L8

Oh and Noexs originally was a port of TCPGecko, just after we had about half of it working we realized there is too much different between the Wii(U) and the switch. Wound up being easier to just start over from scratch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.