No one can possibly know if it's ever safe to update before an upd

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Kurisuellegarden, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Asking "Willz it be safez to updatez next week with the updatez?" doesn't make sense.

I doubt anyone here is special enough to tinker with firmwares weekly early before a release...so...don't bother asking a question when all you'll get is answers that are speculation without any real response. It's silly.

2 people like this.
  2. Avari

Newcomer Avari Newbie

Netherlands
    No, it doesn't make any sense. That's why it is important to write proper English.

As for this thread, I fail to see what the point is. Of course nobody can know what will happen with the next update, bar the tech guys at Nintendo. You can, however, be certain that if a flashcart company releases an update, they will have tested it thoroughly and confirmed it will work with the latest update.

3. Janthran

Member Janthran Solarian

United States
    But people ask anyway.
    How do I request sticky?
    EDIT: yaaay, signature

4. CollosalPokemon

Member CollosalPokemon ばん。。。かい

United States
    It doesn't matter how many times you say it, dozens W-I-L-L miss it. Some users tend to not read important, blandly obvious information.

The perfect example is NOTHING PLAYS 3DS ROMS. I don't need to explain how it represents my statement above.

/thread

2 people like this.
  5. TheCasketMan

Member TheCasketMan Keyblade Apprentice

United States
    if you have a dstwo, then you can update even if it gives you an error after downloading the new firmware

6. PsyBlade

Member PsyBlade Snake Charmer

Germany
    This is GBAtemp. Many people here are very "special" and even more are silly.

4 people like this.
  7. kthnxshwn

Banned kthnxshwn Banned

United States
    Why do people always make up quotes where the people actually type like that? Also, why is this a thread?

8. nl255

Member nl255 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Unless your DSTwo firmware is too old. I forget when they introduced the alternate update system but I think it was around 1.11 or 1.12 (the latest is 1.13).

9. Jan1tor

Member Jan1tor GBAtemp Fan

United States
    It is always safe for me to update cause I don't use a flashcart on myh 3DS, I only use it on my DSL. Heck I even stopped using it on my DSI XL. I can't really see the use of using it on my 3DS when I have the other system. I want my 3DS for 3d stuff.

10. Janthran

Member Janthran Solarian

United States
    Circle pad

11. nl255

Member nl255 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Actually, I mainly use mine on my DSi XL because of the larger screen though I occasionally use it with my 3DS if I am going somewhere and therefore only want to take one system.

12. NathanDuma

Member NathanDuma GBAtemp Regular

Why doesn't GBAtemp make a popup saying nothing plays 3ds roms before making a thread? Or link them to the thread before they can post / enter the forum.

13. Kikirini

Member Kikirini Zelda Fangirl

United States
    Regardless of angry threads like these, and even regardless of GBATemp practically screaming "THE 3DS HAS NOT BEEN HACKED YET," there are going to be people asking the same questions, over and over again until it finally is hacked. Just sayin'.

14. porkiewpyne

Member porkiewpyne Report-er

Australia
    Heck even if the 3DS were already hacked, people will continue to ask the same question.....

15. Kikirini

Member Kikirini Zelda Fangirl

United States
    True, that.

16. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    The people who ask stupid questions like that (specifically asking about future updates) are the ones that won't read any threads before posting.