OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
TheGameReviews.com had the opportunity to speak with Konami’s PR about this latest rumor, and unsurprisingly, Konami is baffled by claims that Metal Gear Solid 4 is going multiplatform. In a rush to get the word out, it seems that those who broke the story talked to everyone except Konami, who made this statement "For the record, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots is a PlayStation 3 exclusive and there are no plans to develop an Xbox 360 version of the game." Nuff said..

Source: http://ps3.thegamereviews.com/story-342-Ru...ays-Konami.html

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
*sigh*
who do we have to believe? XboxFamily or TheGameReviews?
who is losing all credibility here? one of these two news stories has to be false... wish we could know...

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
*sigh*
who is losing all credibility here? one of these two news stories has to be false... wish we could know...

Indeed, but to be fair companies deny things all the time. This could very well be true and they're just covering it up. It happens, a lot. I'm still holding out hope, sure I may never play it (although it does look quite fun)... but multiplatform is the way to go!
grog.gif

Glacius0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
They are both wrong. Simple fact is we don't know. Both sites used questionable sources which cannot be believed. PR guys don't announce things, so it's silly to conclude anything from it.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
*sigh*

Indeed, but to be fair companies deny things all the time. This could very well be true and they're just covering it up. It happens, a lot. I'm still holding out hope, sure I may never play it (although it does look quite fun)... but multiplatform is the way to go!
grog.gif

Happens a lot with EA and Capcom.. but I don't remember Konami doing this kind of thing..
unsure.gif

And I must disagree here.. when a game is focused on a specific platform, the result is better most of the times.

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Resident Evil 4 all over again, with a different company and different game.

As if a company would want NOT to make much more money in just porting a game and getting lots of more proffits.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
man I can't wait until mgs4 is out and everyone stops caring..

geez yeah, it doesn't even look all that great to me...
all the trailers I've seen have left me quite disappointed
frown.gif

I wouldn't buy a PS3 for this game but I'd definitely play it if it was ported to 360.
You ever play a Metal Gear Solid game before, Costey? They're all very story driven, and the reason all the MGS fans are waiting for 4 is because it's finally closing the story. For whatever reason, MGS3 did nothing to advance the story really but introduce some characters which appear in 4. That's probably why the trailers are leaving you disappointed, they're all focusing on the story elements more than the gameplay ones.

And again as I keep saying. The port to the 360 will happen. It's just a matter of time. 'Til then we suck it up and deal with the endless fake reports and obvious company denials.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
The port will depend on the success of the PS3.. the Playstation big sellers are to be released this year (MGS4,FFXIII,GOW,etc...), if even with those games the PS3 sales don't get better, than, we'll probably see a Xbox360 port to compensate.
That's what happened to RE4.. CAPCOM made a bet on the Game Cube.. but it didn't came out well as they expected, so, a PS2 port was made to compensate..

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The port will depend on the success of the PS3.. the Playstation big sellers are to be released this year (MGS4,FFXIII,GOW,etc...), if even with those games the PS3 sales don't get better, than, we'll probably see a Xbox360 port to compensate.
That's what happened to RE4.. CAPCOM made a bet on the Game Cube.. but it didn't came out well as they expected, so, a PS2 port was made to compensate..
Exactly, and the key to that was that the RE4 producer (Forgot his name) swore it never would. That's exactly why I know it's going to happen. And for the record I really doubt FF13 will make it this year...
rolleyes.gif

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country

Exactly, and the key to that was that the RE4 producer (Forgot his name) swore it never would. That's exactly why I know it's going to happen. And for the record I really doubt FF13 will make it this year...
rolleyes.gif

Shinki Mikami, creator and producer of the Resident Evil franchise, not only said that, he even claimed that he would literally cut his own head off if Resident Evil 4 came to the PlayStation 2.
And, there you go, we have played RE4 on the PS2 and his head is still attached to his body. Well, maybe he was talking about some other head.

M

mario5555

I'll comment on a few things, then I'm done talking about this subject since I covered it throughly in the other topic.

Ace, always a conspiracy brewing somewhere isn't there....'nuff said.
cool.gif
nyanya.gif

If it doesn't come from Kojima himself (he is a VP at Konami as well as a studio head, btw) or an OFFICIAL press release from them, take everything (and I mean everything) with a grain of salt.

Costello, did you not get to see the videos from the playtest that Kojima showed at the TGS? The game looks bad-ass to say the least, and they've even said it's going to be the most interactive and explorative of all the games, so much so that they had to institute a small arrow marker to show you where to go....that makes me giddy, I dunno about you.

And also if what you've seen from the game doesn't impress you otherwise (graphically, story, ect.) then you my friend are even more jaded than me, and that's saying something. I'm truly anticipating this game, and have been blown away with everything I've seen. (Then again almost every trailer was displayed on my friends 60" HDTV, but still the game rules from what has been shown so far) IMEO, I think it is the most graphically impressive (just try to fine the jaggies, without nitpicking) game that I've seen anywhere. Kojima is pulling out all the stops this time, no question there.

If everyone who has a 360 is sad, well sorry, just like I'd like to play stuff on the 360, but can't since I don't have one, you're gonna have to pony up the bread eventually if you want to play it all. I'm not gonna play Zelda on my PS3, nor Gears of War anytime soon, and as much as I'd like to see more mutiplatform releases, don't count on it anytime soon, since all three companies want exclusives to make sales. Period.

Adgloride man don't buy into the (fanboyish) hype, it sold quite a bit better than you (or others) let on. Do the research get your facts straight then gloat (or whimper) depending on what you learn.
lecture.gif

Cockroachman is right on the money btw, if it gets dulled down it won't be as good as it should be. (Read my comments in the other thread to see what I mean by this) Plus Konami is not known to port (many) of their games from one platform to another (and I mean other titles other than MGS) as history has proven out. And he's also right in something I've already said myself as well. If it sells well and they make their money, no port. It sells shitty, then good possibility for a port. It's all down to the green folks, always has been always will be.
wink2.gif

About the RE4 comparison, look at the two versions and see that the GC one still was technically superior to the PS2 version, and honestly made them money, but not as much as they would have liked.

Lastly I'm with Taka, I wish it would just come out too, because all this fanboyism across the globe is hurting my head, it should be about the games, not which system it's on or how I can play it, which unfortunately seems to be the main thing everyone concentrates on, I.e. who's is BIGGER.

And if that's all that matters, everyone's gonna lose and no one will be happy. And that's all I (truly) have to say on the matter until the games release later this year.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Tbh I don't care whether Metal Gear Snore comes to 360 or not, it's hardly the pinnacle of gaming, or gaming perfection.
This may sound a bit harsh, but I hope Konami keep it PS3 exclusive and lose all that cash, as it has no hope in hell of recuperating the development costs on one platform, the PS3.
After they announce this big ass loss, it will be the perfect sign for other software houses (Square Enix comes to mind) to start bringing their titles to 360, or risk losing millions upon millions of dollars.
The only other games $ony has their hopes on is Little Big Planet, which as an avid gamer doesn't interest me at all, and FFXIII, which although will more than likely be great, fans are catching onto the fact that SE are milking the franchise to death with multiple versions: FFXIII, FFXIII Versus etc. where both must be purchased to get the full story. Both games are still TBA also, talk about drip feeding.. sheesh!

When looking at threads like this, and seeing how many
of the titles are ONLY ON XBOX360, it makes me wonder how the hell $ony are ever going to catch up.
They need to be announcing huge lists of kick ass games, and their not, causing more and more PS3 fanboys to shift over to the 360 when they see threads such as the one in this post.

MGS4 is going the same way as Halo 3 hype wise, I just hope for PS3 owners, and $ony's sake, it delivers.
I also hope Konami learn a lesson from this, something along the lines of 'Loyalty With $ony Doesn't Pay.. the bills :S '.

lookout

GBAtemp Board Room
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
oh well..... I got all 3 console anyway ~ lucky me

fact MGS4 probably use so much storage disc and end-up on PS3 (blu-ray)
like FFXIII, FFXIII Versus etc. They also mention they'll be the first using the 'Full Power' of PS3.....

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
OMG, Shinji, Zarcon and I found our 4th brother: mario5555!

On topic: Thug and Costello are right. The 360 IS getting a great 2008. That thread made my eyes cry seeing so much good stuff coming.
But whoever played Metal Gear Solid really own this game a lot, at least that is my case, I admit that Metal Gear Solid 4 is literally THE deciding game on getting the PS3 or the 360 (OK, maybe with the PS2 compatibility and Tekken help too). I GOT to finish the game, I own it to myself, there is just too much mystery along the twisted story Kojima told thought the saga, I WANT TO SEE HOW IT ALL ENDS!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)