Metal Gear Online comes to PC through fanmade MGO2PC

metal-gear-online-1419232505.jpg

The online component of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, unofficially referred to as Metal Gear Online 2, has been supported by fans longer than it's been supported officially by Konami. Released in 2008, Konami shut down the servers for MGS4 in 2012, which led to the formation of the SaveMGO group. In 2014, SaveMGO found a way for modded Playstation 2 and Playstation 3 consoles to access servers hosted by fans to play Metal Gear Online 1 and 2 (MGO1 being the online component of Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence).

Now, a new fan project is bringing Metal Gear Online 2 to PC. Through a custom build of popular PS3 emulator RPCS3, fans can connect to fan-hosted servers and play the game with all original content included from the original release. According to a comment from their official YouTube account, this custom build also makes it easier to play the single player portion of MGS4 on RPCS3, though it's not perfect yet. "Single player does work but on your first play through you'll need to do a lot of compiling shaders. After you've done a full playthrough your next playthrough will go much smoother. But yes single player does work."

You can head over to the official MGO2PC website for installation guides, an FAQ and a link to their official Discord server.

Horvi

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It is. However, Sony has been going on a recent witch hunt ever since the latest update. Spoofing the console works, but it generates 50-50 chance of getting c-banned by Sony.
With the latest update? You mean the latest ps3 update? I thought that just an update for bd

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is. However, Sony has been going on a recent witch hunt ever since the latest update. Spoofing the console works, but it generates 50-50 chance of getting c-banned by Sony.
I don't know much about ps3 modding much less what spoofing it or what a c -ban is

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
you can also use the exploit to flash cfw directly from ofw current (and only cfw for 4.88) is 4.88 evilNat you don't even need to sign in to psn to activate your profile anymore
I did it "oldschool style" back on OFW 4.20 I think it was with the E3 Flasher, since then always used REBUG and therefore "stuck" on their latest release (which was for 4.86 I believe), although I heard someone made a "simple CFW" because there wasn't any said updates for a longer time.

Care to enlighten me about the part with PSN though? My console is banned and I don't think I have any IPS (I think they were called) of other consoles like PSP to spoof left (and it's banned since like 2016), is signing into PSN somewhat required on latest FW?

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Release the source code in case C & D occurs

Shit really? I'm out of the loop, what's going on?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: