Homebrew [No Longer Working] Community freeShop fork - open source eShop alternative

D

Deleted User

What are we going to do now? I don't know if many of you all have heard, but GitHub is removing support for TLSv1/1.1, and the 3DS does not support anything past this version. This is going in effect February 22, 2018. While this isn't a big deal for the freeshop homebrew itself, since it uses notabug to update, the caches used to receive games are still hosted on Github. This means that freeshop won't be able to update its cache. I suggest that we move the altcache to notabug to avoid difficulties and people flooding the forum on how to fix the situation. Right, @Ev1l0rd

Last edited by ,

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was thinking about getting Yokai Watch 2: Psychic Specters but there are two different version of the game, one file is just below 2GB and the other one is just below 4GB.
The one I have which works is a 2.56GB file.

What are we going to do now? I don't know if many of you all have heard, but GitHub is removing support for TLSv1/1.1, and the 3DS does not support anything past this version. This is going in effect February 22, 2018. While this isn't a big deal for the freeshop homebrew itself, since it uses notabug to update, the caches used to receive games are still hosted on Github. This means that freeshop won't be able to update its cache. I suggest that we move the altcache to notabug to avoid difficulties and people flooding the forum on how to fix the situation.
There is already a big PSA about this. And it states this at https://gbatemp.net/threads/psa-man...onger-work-with-github-as-of-tomorrow.495683/ that its already effective Feb 1st 2018.

Last edited by lone_wolf323,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: lone_wolf323

trainboy2019

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A proper fix or just a workaround for freeshop? Because I can't believe it will be possible to reimplement ssl:C in only a few weeks.
It's an automated system to copy the cache from the github releases to another site that the 3ds can access. I've already got a version working pretty well! Only took like 2-3 hours.

Reactions: proflayton123

roytam1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
A proper fix or just a workaround for freeshop? Because I can't believe it will be possible to reimplement ssl:C in only a few weeks.
you can't replace ssl service in firmware, but I think you can have libcurl+mbedTLS+nghttp2 for TLS 1.2/1.3 and HTTP/2 support.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
you can't replace ssl service in firmware, but I think you can have libcurl+mbedTLS+nghttp2 for TLS 1.2/1.3 and HTTP/2 support.

Why not, there is a (only partially working) replacement for the NFC module called Noamii and we have Rosalina which is a completely new system module so replacing the ssl service should be possible though definitely not easy.

Iveljetorox

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
really??, I see the game in the free, how many pages did you review?
I have been through all the pages and manually searched, I just unchecked all of my filters and it seems to have put it on there, it is so weird the only filter I had on was english language, thankyou for the help anyway mate, much appreciated

nch93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
I open Free shop and it say failed to load font from memory and fail to creat face. Any solution please? Thanks

medhi

Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
hello all
i'm new here
please can you help me:

First, I installed freeshop 2.2.2 from a QR code with fbi
after I launched a game download
surfing the internet I realized that I had installed an old version of freeshop
so I installed version 4 without removing the latest version
I forgot that I had a download suspended
my question is :
is there a temporary file (download that I have not finished) that remains on my SD card ?? if so where I have to look for it to delete ...
thank you

D

Deleted User

hello all
i'm new here
please can you help me:

First, I installed freeshop 2.2.2 from a QR code with fbi
after I launched a game download
surfing the internet I realized that I had installed an old version of freeshop
so I installed version 4 without removing the latest version
I forgot that I had a download suspended
my question is :
is there a temporary file (download that I have not finished) that remains on my SD card ?? if so where I have to look for it to delete ...
thank you

No

mailord

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
triggered.com
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
when i open freeshop my botton screen its full of a lot of letter that says failed to load font and failed to open sound file, i cant see anything in the bottom screen, the other thing its all games i try to download fails :s

trainboy2019

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i open freeshop my botton screen its full of a lot of letter that says failed to load font and failed to open sound file, i cant see anything in the bottom screen, the other thing its all games i try to download fails :s
did you dump your dsp?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not sure why, every other N64 game just runs fine with all kinds of enhancements but noooo KI... +1