Hacking No health and safety app after FBI injection in sysNAND or emuNAND

• Thread starter anijontron
  • Start date
  • Views 3,542
  • Replies 18
A

anijontron

OP
I downgraded my 3ds today from 10.3.0-28E to 9.2.0-20E, which went fine, no hiccups. Put on menuhax and was off to go. I set up emuNAND with Cakes as the launcher and then proceeded to do the FBI injection, and again, that went fine with my emuNAND on 10.3.0-28E.

I had FBI in my emuNAND. I wanted to install the GBA patch and play some GBA games. I installed the patch through FBI in NAND destination mode, then proceeded to try to install a game to the SD card. It didn't launch, black screen crash. But the console rebooted fine.

So then I tried again, this time installing the game into using the NAND directory on FBI. No success, so I uninstalled it. But then I read that you had to do this all on your sysNAND, so I tried to inject an FBI health and safety app into my sysNAND. That didn't work, and now the app is completely missing! I don't really know what to do, I have a NAND backup but no gateway card and for some reason it really bugs me the app isn't there. I have the app dump, too. Out of frustration I removed the emuNAND and updated my sysNAND in the hopes it would return but it hasn't, and really nothing has changed. I can still downgrade again to 9.2 though.

Any suggestions?

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And why are you doing FBI injection again?...

You can use Browserhax/Menuhax + PastaCFW/MiniPasta + FBI.3dsx to install FBI.cia in sysnand.

FBI injection is for people in less than 9.0 who don't have an entrypoint to use FBI.3dsx

Last edited by Tony_93,
Reactions: leerz
A

anijontron

OP
And why are you doing FBI injection again?...

I'm new to this whole scene. I did read up on it a bit before I did it and I saw that this option was common. I followed a guide to do it though, and that must've been old then, I don't know.

A

anijontron

OP
Just do this:

Use Browserhax/Menuhax + PastaCFW/MiniPasta + FBI.3dsx to install FBI.cia in sysnand.

Thanks for the safer method :)
Is there any way to get back the app or is it gone until I can restore NAND?
sorry to further ask but if I could find a .cia would that install as a system app?

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never had that issue with apps dissapearing so never dealt with that.

You could restore the nand backup with the gateway menu that dor sure will bring it back, or find the app in a cia.

I don't really know why really you want it back, useless app anyways.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can restore the health and safety app using rxTools start up emunand and press the L button to load the rxtools menu then look for the option that says restore health and safety app and that will fix the problem.

Hakkitboss0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so I did what everyone else commenting has done. I tried injecting FBI into the H&S app in SysNand. I was trying to install Gameboy games to SysNand so they'd work in EmuNand. What I'm wondering here is how exactly I'm supposed to put the H&S app back into SysNand. I'm also wondering how to use all these things you're talking about, like the pasta and minipasta, rxtools, all that. I'm so confused because I followed 3 specific YouTube Videos on how to set it up so I could run downloaded .CIA games like I do with APK files with my Android devices, and now I've jumped so much further into it. Not that I don't like it, this community is very helpful. My problem is that I've read up on what I currently have for Homebrew and CIA installers (FBI), and apparently there are a lot of others that people have and use. Now I don't know which ones would work for me. Like I heard that RXtools (Or however it's spelled) is outdated and shouldn't be used anymore, but when I read comments like here in this thread people still use it somehow. It's confusing for me. Can someone please help me with these tools?

Device Details:

SysNand Version:
9.2.0-20 U

(I previously "reset" my SysNand in an attempt to put the H&S app back, but it didn't work. Now I have to manually open up the Nintendo 3DS Sound app and run a "<3 nedwill 2016" file to open the big menu I used to have. The menu is purple, and consists of Luma3DS, HomeBrewMenu, HomeMenu, Reboot, Shutdown, and More... . Now I know that this is normal for Soundhax users, but For the past few months before I "reset" my SysNand I was able to boot up into my EmuNand just by pressing and holding the L button as I turned on the 3DS XL. Now it doesn't work, and I'm looking for any help with this. Thank you)

EmuNand Version:
11.2.0.35 U

I'm running Luma3DS, as well as CHMM2, Decrypt9WIP (which is what I used to try to inject FBI into the SysNand originally), EmuNand9, fasthax, HANS, IronHax Installer (don't think I've used that before...), Menuhax_Manager v3.2, mGBA, safehax, sploit_installer-stickerhax, sploit_installer-oot3dhax, Super ftpd II Turbo, and TWLoader are all in my Homebrew Menu. I have TWLoader, NTR and NTR-3, FreeShop, FBI app, FBI injected into my H&S app, and the Save Data Transfer Tool. I downloaded a bunch of games as I have a 64 GB microSD card with EmuNand installed on it.

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With A9LH and Luma3DS, there's no real reason to use emunand. Follow the guide: https://3ds.guide

Leaves you more space on your SD card, and is much more reliable than menuhax. Once A9LH is installed you can update your sysnand to the latest system version with no worries of losing CFW.

Hakkitboss0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But doesn't this risk bricking the device even more than creating an EmuNand could? And would I still be able to access EmuNand after (as well as add all of the other programs I had and use them I.E. PKSM and NTR = plugins)? I've been using these three videos to start hacking my 3DS XL.

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NEVER use a YouTube video as a guide for hacking your 3DS! The 3DS homebrew scene has been evolving pretty quickly, and YouTube videos quickly become outdated.

If you follow the guide at https://3ds.guide, make sure you don't skip any steps and pay attention to any warnings. Once A9LH is installed, when the 3DS boots it will look on the SD card for a payload to launch. You'll set up Luma3DS as your main payload, but you can also load other payloads like GodMode9. As long as you follow the directions you'll have a NAND backup that you can always revert to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ZQhiwti-pK0?si=LTqU_S8Xm2fYnlQg