XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
can anyone please confirm that NMM works in UNEEK but not UNEEK+DI, SNEEK+DI, or SNEEK? THX!

btw, I assume it doesn't work in s\uneek+di because it should not be unable to launch discs, and I'm assuming it doesn't work in sneek cuz it won't be able to detect an sd card to save the GC games saves (since it's being used as the nand)

conanac

Be an Angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
sweet, so can anyone confirm that NMM does not work with sneek+di or uneek+di?

From the readme.txt file (v0.2a), it allows +DI but requires a workaround (I will try to test it when I get a chance):

6b. With +DI we sadly have to use a workaround, you must install a GC
game via the DiscEX tool and then select it in the SNEEK menu.
(This will NOT load the selected game from USB!)

nintendowii

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
XFlak said:
can anyone please confirm that NMM works in UNEEK but not UNEEK+DI, SNEEK+DI, or SNEEK? THX!

btw, I assume it doesn't work in s\uneek+di because it should not be unable to launch discs, and I'm assuming it doesn't work in sneek cuz it won't be able to detect an sd card to save the GC games saves (since it's being used as the nand)
UNEEK+DI works with NMM!!! The original GameCube game must be insert before the virtual NAND is starting. Then go to the settings in the UNEEK+DI Menu and start Boot NMM and the GameCube will run from disc. Since r157 there is no need to install a dummy GameCube game.

conanac

Be an Angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, that trick works for me as well.

Using r162 (compiled with devkitARM r32), I could run UNEEK+DI with NMM for the game of Super Mario Sunshine.

However, when I used Animal Crossing game, the game still detected no memory card in either slot A or B, so the game could not be saved.

melodical

Trophies
XP
Country
6b. With +DI we sadly have to use a workaround, you must install a GC
game via the DiscEX tool and then select it in the SNEEK menu.
(This will NOT load the selected game from USB!)
Just to confirm, if we use the above method does this mean we can use multi game /bu disks to save data on sd or usb device?​
should i buy an old gc save dongle? Would it work with bu / multi games through neogamma or similar?​

Teal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to use both NMM and GC cards, or do I have to disable NMM to save/load from GC cards? Would be awesome if I can use both or even transfer save files between SD and GC cards.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's either one or the other.
You need to reinstall official BC to save to Memory Card.

I wanted to try it this weekend, but I found it doesn't work with all games, and it didn't work on my real NAND (it always rebooted the Wii).
I gave up and reinstalled official BC :P

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hmm... a little dissapointing in my eyes. I already have a gc memorycard, so this is unimportant to me
tongue.gif
I also have GC memory cards, I think the nice thing is we'll be able to transfer GC saves on internet =P
Too bad that default locked saves (as F-Zero GX) are not supported.

Teal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm surprised by some of the passive aggressive responses I receive. My post was clearly half a suggestion in response to the starting post information, not to mention the original download link hasn't been working (came across it in ModMii).

If people would just read the readme ...
That would be asking for too much *sarcasm*

XFlak, I really don't understand your problem and why you've been a jerk. No apology with a mistake on your part the last time I spoke to you and now this trolling. I understand you go through a lot of stress with new members or some other issues, but it's not necessary.

I did get the hint that newcomers aren't appreciated and should go elsewhere. Perhaps I asked too many specific questions, but if I received some honest answers without the diss, I had intended to returned the favor in a big way. Such a shame.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@[member='Teal'], I'm sorry if I've offended u in any way. And to be honest I don't even remember you let alone remember what I said that warrants an apology. You have no idea how many PMs and emails I get asking for help, and often the answer is read your guide more carefully, but I repeat myself anyways cuz I'm a nice guy. I don't think anyone has ever called me a jerk before on these forums, but you're entitled to your opinion.

I know you probably think I am upset now because I am missing out on your "returning the favour in a big way", but to be honest I'm more upset that you got the impression that newcomers are not welcome here.

Anyways, I think if you stick around the forums a little longer you'll see it's true colours (and mine too). It's a shame you got a poor first impression, but if u give this place a second chance I'm sure you'll have a more positive experience.

Reactions: 1 person

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
XFlak, I really don't understand your problem and why you've been a jerk. No apology with a mistake on your part the last time I spoke to you and now this trolling. I understand you go through a lot of stress with new members or some other issues, but it's not necessary.

I did get the hint that newcomers aren't appreciated and should go elsewhere. Perhaps I asked too many specific questions, but if I received some honest answers without the diss, I had intended to returned the favor in a big way. Such a shame.

If there's one person on these forums who isn't a jerk, it's XFlak. He is probably the friendliest, most helpful person here. Pretty much any thread that he could contribute to, he does. And pretty much any time someone posts asking for help on something he knows about, you will find he is one of the first to post a solution to their problem. I dunno what mistake he made or why he didn't apologize, but I am completely sure it was a misunderstanding of some sort. XFlak isn't the sort to be too proud to admit his mistakes in my experiences (and as you can see from my join date, I've been here as long as he has, so I've experienced him a fair bit). And here he wasn't trolling, he was joking around.

Considering XFlak's reputation here, you can be sure he gets the same questions dozens of times a day, so you can probably understand if he is a little flippant in his answers some times. From the times I have asked him questions, he has always responded quite pleasantly.

Reactions: 1 person

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
This might be useful with DIOS-MIOS Lite or for those who can't buy Gamecube memory cards, but otherwise this is too risky to be useful.

On a side note, is there any software limitation on how big the emulated memcard can be? A 32GB memcard might confuse games when a 64MB ones holds 251 blocks IIRC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: yeah, i'm Anyone, that's just not my alias here