Hacking Nintendont

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Whoa whoa whoa. Wait a minute. Back up.

Let me see if I'm understanding this correctly. I'm a huge Mario Kart fan and my Wii U runs every version except Mario Kart 7 which I own on 3DS.

Are you telling me that GP and GP2 will not only run on Nintendont but can be played with any controller that Nintendont supports, i.e. a GameCube one via the Smash USB box or with the Mayflash adapter that hooks a GC pad into the Wiimote?

Because if so you just made my day, and I have two more Mario Kart titles to add to my collection that I haven't played in years to run through this weekend. :-D
anything that can be runned by nintendont is compatible with every controller suported by nintendont.

zekepliskin

Trophies
XP
Country
anything that can be runned by nintendont is compatible with every controller suported by nintendont.

Indeed. I wondered if there'd be any weirdness with these since they were made for Triforce arcade machines, but the ported GameCube editions appear to run just fine from what I've seen. No two player though is there, owing to the fact it would have been two separate arcade machines?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Triforce units were Gamecubes. They just had extra hardware attached to them that could communicate with more hardware like DIMM storage modules and GD-ROM drives. I guess technically their controls were the "non-standard" ones. :)

Something whatever

Gazer of the East
Trophies
Website
www.pixiv.net
XP
Country
United States
if you have a good iso it will work like any other game.

mario kart gp 2 good isos confirmed working md5 checks are as follow.

Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 TriForce Arcade ISO
-ISO with "MKAGP2" GameID in Header
83922403a5f413552dcd1cb89a0a2a86
-ISO with "GGPE02" GameID in Header
70f261a2f10d00c7d77b4fd13307843a
-ISO with infinite Credits Patch (Thanks Cyan)
2b63cbe6bc1cc8b38c2c9ad783d66bb9
-Wierd ISO with GGPE02 GameID and "Mario Kart Arcade GP2" title in Header (Thanks DJ_skual)
6a07e7ab97112ae9b5d8277eb9628a02
-Compressed Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 ISO (503,316,480 bytes) - FROM SOURCE (Thanks JackNet!)
Sample "RELSAB" header and "Sample Game Name" title:
38e96d3f9080515520075cecd693824b
-Compressed Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 ISO (503,316,480 bytes) - CORRECTED (Thanks JackNet!)
Changed the header and title to "MKAGP2" and "Mario Kart Arcade GP2":
e591cc0ae0ee3078e36a9516d5b5ef22
I got them from EmuP. UMMM I'm kinda confused

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I got them from EmuP. UMMM I'm kinda confused
doesnt matter where you got them just use a md5 checking tool if the md5 doesnt match any of the abodes then its not a compatible iso.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Indeed. I wondered if there'd be any weirdness with these since they were made for Triforce arcade machines, but the ported GameCube editions appear to run just fine from what I've seen. No two player though is there, owing to the fact it would have been two separate arcade machines?
yeah triforce multiplayers used 2 triforce machines so yeah if nintendont ever added that you would need to connect 2 wiis to do multiplayer and i dont even know how that would work i guess some land adapter for the wii? lol yeah not to easy.

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah the desmume port got canned, shame cos it was showing signs of running 2d games at near full speed.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Whoa whoa whoa. Wait a minute. Back up.

Let me see if I'm understanding this correctly. I'm a huge Mario Kart fan and my Wii U runs every version except Mario Kart 7 which I own on 3DS.

I could be wrong but wasn't there a third Mario Kart Arcade game that doesn't use Triforce? I think it was called Mario Kart Arcade DX or something.

What I really want, though, is to be able to run Mario and Sonic Rio (Arcade Edition) on Wii U somehow, I legally own the other two versions but the arcade version just looks like fun (yes, I just called a Mario and Sonic game fun, what you gonna do?), that, and Luigi's Mansion Arcade :P

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I could be wrong but wasn't there a third Mario Kart Arcade game that doesn't use Triforce? I think it was called Mario Kart Arcade DX or something.

What I really want, though, is to be able to run Mario and Sonic Rio (Arcade Edition) on Wii U somehow, I legally own the other two versions but the arcade version just looks like fun (yes, I just called a Mario and Sonic game fun, what you gonna do?), that, and Luigi's Mansion Arcade :P
yeah but dx doesnt run on triforce or anything nintendowise afaik it runs on

"Namco System ES3" - PC based, using Windows 7 Embedded

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
good luck lol since there isnt even a dump let alone reverse enginering it to run on actual windows 7.
Obviously I was joking, but joking aside if it runs on a modified Windows 7 I think once it's dumped it should be easy to get it to work, Fix-It Felix Jr. was easily dumped and it's just an exe file that runs normally on Windows (though personally I prefer playing the Genesis homebrew version on Wii, I wonder if there's a VC version of it, that would be neat).

Donkusei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
My Metroid Prime & Metroid Prime 2 PAL don't work anymore in 480p. Metroid Prime 1 PAL worked in 480p with an old release (3.??) but not anymore with the latest release. My Metroid Prime 2 PAL has never worked in 480p.

Also I have a 007 game, "espion pour cible", I don't know his English name. This game doesn't work well. It's 50Hz only but even in 50Hz, with Nintendont, it exceed the screen at bottom.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
My Metroid Prime & Metroid Prime 2 PAL don't work anymore in 480p. Metroid Prime 1 PAL worked in 480p with an old release (3.??) but not anymore with the latest release. My Metroid Prime 2 PAL has never worked in 480p.

Also I have a 007 game, "espion pour cible", I don't know his English name. This game doesn't work well. It's 50Hz only but even in 50Hz, with Nintendont, it exceed the screen at bottom.
you updated to rev 422? there was an issue from 403 to 421 that was solved in 422.

Donkusei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you updated to rev 422? there was an issue from 403 to 421 that was solved in 422.
Yes, 422. It works as good as before with other games. Rayman Legends PAL in 480p, Star Fox Adventures PAL in 480p too... It works "normally" for many games, but Metroid Prime PAL worked before in 480p, not anymore.

But good news: Beyond Good & Evil was 50Hz only with my build (anyway BGE was only 50Hz in Europe), now it works in 60Hz with Nintendont. 480p still doesn't work.

Last edited by Donkusei,

zekepliskin

Trophies
XP
Country
So Mario Kart Arcade GP & GP2 work no issues on latest Nintendont, except I got a weird crash with GP2 after one race I'll have to investigate that. Does anyone know how to change the pad mappings just for these two games? It's tiring holding down the GameCube's right trigger to accelerate, it should be the A button.

Someone mentioned Metroid Prime, AFAIK I have the US version which scales to 480p no problem, and force widescreen works better than expected (basically rather than stretch the HUD overlays over the whole screen so it looks distorted, it stays in the middle while giving you wider edges). I'm using a Wii U though so everything gets pushed up to your chosen resolution anyway (in my case 1080i/p).

I think I've mentioned it before but when Metroid Prime is run from USB Loader GX it displays almost nothing when it boots, although this was on an older version (v3.397 or something) and was easily solved by launching from Nintendont directly. Without being able to test I'd guess the current 4.422 build has long since fixed that.

This is an old question, but has anyone found a way to fix the windowboxing issue of Beyond Good & Evil? The only way I've found to do it is have it force widescreen and everything looks super-stretched like a 2.40:1 movie, then use the TV's zoom option to push the picture to the top and drag it down to fill the screen, so you're using the force widescreen option of Nintendont to get rid of the black bars on the side and the TV to get rid of the black bars on the top and bottom. Not ideal, but as it runs better on the GameCube and by extension Nintendont I prefer it to the PS2 version.

Last edited by zekepliskin,

Donkusei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh, I should test directly with Nintendont for Metroid Prime PAL. Anyway, before, with a 3.?? build, it worked in 480p with USB Loader GX. Now, I have a black screen with this game.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
So Mario Kart Arcade GP & GP2 work no issues on latest Nintendont, except I got a weird crash with GP2 after one race I'll have to investigate that. Does anyone know how to change the pad mappings just for these two games? It's tiring holding down the GameCube's right trigger to accelerate, it should be the A button.

No it shouldn't, the A button is not analog, besides most racing games use the R trigger to accelerate, Mario Kart is the only franchise I know that uses the A button to accelerate... which never really made sense to me.

Last edited by sonictopfan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1