Hacking Nintendont

marioxb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had this happen once. What I did to fix it was I loaded up the latest version of Nintendont and ran and played a game for a little bit. Then I downloaded the mod version and placed it in the Nintendont folder overwriting what was in there and started it up and everything worked fine. See if that works for you.

No. I even downloaded the mysterio version via the updates section in nintendont and it worked for just that one time.

Anyway, is there, or can someone make, a bios like myserio's that uses the Triforce bios instead of the GameCube bios?

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know if there's a different thread for it but anyone knows where to find the mod to change the background in Nintendont? Now that it's hardly being updated I'd like to get back to using it if possible :)

vEN2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Hi. I have question
On my wii i use port 0 to my hdd and port 1 to usb hub. In this usb hub i connect - controller, keyboard and mouse. In the menus, every usb device light emitting diodes on. Using any emulators ithkeyboard and mouse works well. But nintendont did not recognize my controller, if i connect it with any other device. (Solo controller with hub works nice). I'm not sure amperage not enough for all devices, cuz light diodes works.

When i start nintendont with usb hub and with any other usb device my gamepad turns off (i think its some initializing when nintendont starts). I more sure that nintendont did not like more than one periphery devices. Is there any way to use nintendont with any other usb devices (excluding hdd)? It's not nice to disconnect kb\mouse every time when i want to use nintendont

P.s Anyone use combo like this? Answer me please - want to knot this is power problem or software incompability (maybe it's not like more than 1 device in one port? Or nintendont dont like any other input devices..)

Last edited by vEN2,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi. I have question
On my wii i use port 0 to my hdd and port 1 to usb hub. In this usb hub i connect - controller, keyboard and mouse. In the menus, every usb device light emitting diodes on. Using any emulators ithkeyboard and mouse works well. But nintendont did not recognize my controller, if i connect it with any other device. (Solo controller with hub works nice). I'm not sure amperage not enough for all devices, cuz light diodes works.

When i start nintendont with usb hub and with any other usb device my gamepad turns off (i think its some initializing when nintendont starts). I more sure that nintendont did not like more than one periphery devices. Is there any way to use nintendont with any other usb devices (excluding hdd)? It's not nice to disconnect kb\mouse every time when i want to use nintendont

P.s Anyone use combo like this? Answer me please - want to knot this is power problem or software incompability (maybe it's not like more than 1 device in one port? Or nintendont dont like any other input devices..)
nintendont does not support more than one hid device connected at the same time, regadless if the usbhub works or not nintendont will not support both the mouse and keyboard and controller at the same time.

only one can be connected at the same time and nintendont was never coded with usbhubs in mind if they work or not doesnt make much diference since only 1 hid device at a time.

Last edited by pedro702,

vEN2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
nintendont does not support more than one hid device connected at the same time, regadless if the usbhub works or not nintendont will not support both the mouse and keyboard and controller at the same time.

only one can be connected at the same time and nintendont was never coded with usbhubs in mind if they work or not doesnt make much diference since only 1 hid device at a time.

Thank you i undestand everything:)

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
The MasterMod also has that option. :P
You can simply change the image it downloads and put your own.
With all due respect I had a bad luck with the MasterMod before having too many issues that weren't present in the regular Nintendont, maybe they're fixed now but I just don't wanna risk it, also they changed too much for my taste.

@send0r Thank you for the mod, I can't test it atm but I hope this one only allows for changing the background without breaking anything, I'll have to test it later, thanks again!

Reactions: send0r

joalro

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having a problem with Nintendont saves. I was part way through a game, saving throughout. The save files were working perfectly. Once I reached a certain point in the game the screen went black and I couldn't continue. I rebooted and tried again. The game failed at the exact same point. I replaced the game.iso file to try to solve the problem. All of my saves disappeared, including other games in my Nintendont folder. All the data was saved on a USB. I do not believe I have touched any other file data except for the iso. Any tips on if I can get my save data back?

send0r

Trophies
Website
www.send0r.de
XP
Country
Germany
I'm having a problem with Nintendont saves. I was part way through a game, saving throughout. The save files were working perfectly. Once I reached a certain point in the game the screen went black and I couldn't continue. I rebooted and tried again. The game failed at the exact same point. I replaced the game.iso file to try to solve the problem. All of my saves disappeared, including other games in my Nintendont folder. All the data was saved on a USB. I do not believe I have touched any other file data except for the iso. Any tips on if I can get my save data back?
you could try to recover the savefiles with a tool to recover lost data. I prefer Recuva. Just make sure to not write any new files or changed files on your drive as the lost files could get over written.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
tell us your nintendont version number, dont say latest just say the actual number, then say all the options you have On on nintendont settings and the game.

joalro

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you could try to recover the savefiles with a tool to recover lost data. I prefer Recuva. Just make sure to not write any new files or changed files on your drive as the lost files could get over written.
Does entering the game files, even if I don't save, write any new save files? Because there are two save files in the saves folder on my USB, but I haven't created any new saves in any of my games. I just went into the game to check to see if the saves were there.

tell us your nintendont version number, dont say latest just say the actual number, then say all the options you have On on nintendont settings and the game.

Version number 3.387

memcard emulation: on
maxpads: 4
memcard blocks: 256
screen position: 0

Everything else is off or auto.

send0r

Trophies
Website
www.send0r.de
XP
Country
Germany
Does entering the game files, even if I don't save, write any new save files? Because there are two save files in the saves folder on my USB, but I haven't created any new saves in any of my games. I just went into the game to check to see if the saves were there.

Version number 3.387

memcard emulation: on
maxpads: 4
memcard blocks: 256
screen position: 0

Everything else is off or auto.
once you enter a game with memcard Emulation on, Nintendont creates a new save file with the game ID as the name.

joalro

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
no, it's just a risc that deleted data gets overwritten when you edit or create files.
Just try to recover your files
So there are two save folders. One in the root of the USB, one in the games folder. Is this normal? I don't remember creating either.

I ran the recovery in the root folder version, the only thing it picked up was stuff after i lost the files. I'm currently running the recovery in the games folder saves folder. It's picked up one of the older saves, and still waiting to see what happens in the other. Let's say both show up, what do I do with it? Do I replace the save files in both folders?

EDIT: So the fact I had two folders, and the files in the games folder were older, made me feel like something was suspicious. So before I bothered doing any recovery, I took the files from the games folder and put it into the root folder. I just tried it. It worked. I have my save files back.

So the problem all along was that I'm an idiot. Regardless, it was your advice that helped me realize this, so thanks (i think..)!

Last edited by joalro,
Reactions: send0r

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, Sup