Hacking Nintendont

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an LCD and an LED Display and the LED one displays Nintendont perfectly with the image to the edge of the screen whereas the LCD overscans Nintendont. Every TV is different. Also CRT and LCD TVs display images a bit different.

I have a 25+ year old CRT that does quite a bit of overscanning.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
hello there.
and thank you very much for creating/working on nintendont to everyone who has to do with it.
i have a problem i cant seem to find anywhere i have searched quite a bit and didnt know where to turn but here.
i dont know if this is the right place to post it but i have run into an issue with nintendont regarding the picture / resolution / videomode of the app itself (not any game as far as i know underscan is normal) but iam using a 50hz (pal) crt tv.
this picture shows my issue
QgJ1559.jpg

it has a grey line over the boxed nintendont image the white image doesnt fill the whole screen almost like the app itself tries to run in 60hz mode on my 50hz screen.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

lmao i apologize for the huge picture.
just mess with your tv settings if it has them lol if not well there isnt much that we can do each tv does their own thing.

kri5

Trophies
XP
Country
allright thanks for your time to answer,
just mess with your tv settings if it has them lol if not well there isnt much that we can do each tv does their own thing.
allright thanks for your time to answer :-), i wont consider it an fault and iam sorry for wasting time.
ccfman do you get underscan on your old crt?

kri5

Trophies
XP
Country
ahwell thanks anyway for your time :-),
i havent met a single game that doesnt have underscan yet, its probaly my tv being very old hehe a baby from 88.
if there is anyway to force the nintendont app itself to run 50hz please let me know :-).

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
ahwell thanks anyway for your time :-),
i havent met a single game that doesnt have underscan yet, its probaly my tv being very old hehe a baby from 88.
if there is anyway to force the nintendont app itself to run 50hz please let me know :-).
the app itself doesnt have options only the games.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
What about an option to use the sd slot as card b? This would allow town sharing in animal crossing.
I'm all for this, except in my case Chao sharing in Sonic Adventure 2 Battle

Maybe in the future someone can take a look on the possibility of porting Nintendont to Wii U code so we can have more room to work with in regard to certain limitations in Wii Mode like RAM. Of the feature I know people would love is being able to use the GamePad controls so they can play using just the GamePad.

I know that Wii U homebrew is still quite new and only available to those who have a Wii U on 5.3.2 or lower. I'm keeping one handy for just the occasion.
I'd like to take this opportunity to mention a suggestion I made very beginning in this thread, using the WiiU gamepad as a GBA connected to the GC as some games "Rayman 3, Megaman X Command Missions' Sonic Adventure DX" used this feature to have certain mini games or extra features work alongside the game, for example in Rayman 3 there's a mini game where P1 plays as Rayman using the GC controller trying to get him to reach as far of the road as possible in a car racing type of game, while P2 uses the GBA to stack Tetris like puzzle pieces to create the road for P1 to use, this shit is insanely fun but you need the GBA to be connected to the GC, I'd love to be able to play that again.

you can add "wireless DS3 and DS4 support" to that list too, tbh, this is the only thing I wish could happen in the future and the only thing that Devolution has and nintendont doesn't (beside PSO online support and Piracy check that is)
Oh no, we have to donate to have anti-piracy in Nintendont :[

GreyRogue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the issue about no Slot B is RAM related. There just isn't enough RAM to be able to use 2 slots.
Nah, you could always create two 128 block cards instead of one 256 block card for example, and it wouldn't take any extra memory. Alternatively, the code could be smarter about what it caches, with dynamic of loading of blocks actually being read/written by the game.
It probably only needs some updates to the EXI file and to use the channel information in some of the assembly files to get it to work.

Meeptroid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Meeptroid,

Meeptroid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, interesting, sadly I don't have any of those, all I use is the only Gamecube controller I have. Gotta admit myself though, a game like Tales of Symphonia wouldn't be bad with those, considering both the first one and the sequel (am I the only one who really enjoys the sequel? it was the first Tales game I ever played, and got me into playing the first one, which is the reason I use Nintendon't) both came out on PS3, and the first one on PS2.

pokeparadox

Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe in the future someone can take a look on the possibility of porting Nintendont to Wii U code so we can have more room to work with in regard to certain limitations in Wii Mode like RAM. Of the feature I know people would love is being able to use the GamePad controls so they can play using just the GamePad.

I know that Wii U homebrew is still quite new and only available to those who have a Wii U on 5.3.2 or lower. I'm keeping one handy for just the occasion.

I know if a "Nintendont U" was available which either outputted in true 1080p via GX2 or at the very least used the additional WiiU horsepower to run an anti aliasing filter, then I would buy a second WiiU just for homebrew! (PS don't reply with just by a PC and run Dolphin...) I agree that Nintendont is very much complete in terms of what is possible with the VWii/Wii.

D

Deleted-353083

Hey again fellow nerds... basically got everything working that i need on my entire Wii U now but just out of curiosity i have one small last question. As anyone who's played the gamecube Resident Evil remake will know, there are parts of it every now and then where you can definitely see lines on the screen. Still an awesome game but those lines do get abit annoying. I know they ported both RE games over to the Wii (RE 0 is the other) under the banner of Resident Evil Archives and those lines were completely fixed up... but because of Nintendo being stupid like they always are and going to all that effort of releasing the Wii U Gamecube Adapter literally for ONE friggen game and not even making it compatible with original Wii games on the vWii that used the GC controller, i have no choice but to play the GC versions of both games instead of the Wii versions so that way i can use my beloved Wavebird controller.

To get to the point, i saw there is a "Force Progressive Scan" in the Nintendont options... does anyone know if that will fix the lines on the GC version of the RE remake or is that just built into the game? If it is then seeing that it's been awhile now since that adapter was released, does anyone know if it's now possible to use that adapter on USB Loader GX on the vWii with original Wii games that supported the GC controller? Hope all that wasn't too hard to understand, lol.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hey again fellow nerds... basically got everything working that i need on my entire Wii U now but just out of curiosity i have one small last question. As anyone who's played the gamecube Resident Evil remake will know, there are parts of it every now and then where you can definitely see lines on the screen. Still an awesome game but those lines do get abit annoying. I know they ported both RE games over to the Wii (RE 0 is the other) under the banner of Resident Evil Archives and those lines were completely fixed up... but because of Nintendo being stupid like they always are and going to all that effort of releasing the Wii U Gamecube Adapter literally for ONE friggen game and not even making it compatible with original Wii games on the vWii that used the GC controller, i have no choice but to play the GC versions of both games instead of the Wii versions so that way i can use my beloved Wavebird controller.

To get to the point, i saw there is a "Force Progressive Scan" in the Nintendont options... does anyone know if that will fix the lines on the GC version of the RE remake or is that just built into the game? If it is then seeing that it's been awhile now since that adapter was released, does anyone know if it's now possible to use that adapter on USB Loader GX on the vWii with original Wii games that supported the GC controller? Hope all that wasn't too hard to understand, lol.
no you cant use the adpater for anything that isnt nintendont or ssb4.

if the game has progressive scan by default forcing progressive wont make a diference tough, maybe try with defliker and without it on force video options? the options without difliker in front have it disabled while the ones with (difliker) have it enabled try force ntsc and force ntsc(defliker) or pal no idea what region game you are using.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Had some minor issue with SSBM where the game would lag after getting a trophy via "Lottery" and would make a loud buzzing sound like the game had crashed.
that is nintendont acessing the emulated memory card, its normal it can also happen when your choosing characters and such, preety much on all games when acessing mcemu lags for afew seconds.

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... I have a really quick question. So, I have the PS3 Power A Pro EX Wired controller I want to use with Nintendont. Is there controller.ini files compatible with it? Or if there aren't, how hard would it be to make one myself?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So... I have a really quick question. So, I have the PS3 Power A Pro EX Wired controller I want to use with Nintendont. Is there controller.ini files compatible with it? Or if there aren't, how hard would it be to make one myself?
well nintendont has a bultin ps3 controller ini if the controller sends the exact same commands you can just plug it in and see if it works, if its diferent yeah you would need to make a controller ini go to the thread called nintendont controller configuration or whatever it was called, that is where people helped making controller inis.

Reactions: epicmartin7

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well nintendont has a bultin ps3 controller ini if the controller sends the exact same commands you can just plug it in and see if it works, if its diferent yeah you would need to make a controller ini go to the thread called nintendont controller configuration or whatever it was called, that is where people helped making controller inis.
That was actually the who reason I asked. The normal PS3 controller.ini file didn't work with my third-party PS3 controller at all XD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol