Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
So, I was finally able to get onto my computer and got this photo of my settings.
View attachment 28252
Sorry for the potato quality though, it was taken by my 3DS.

Also, sorry for the double post. I only did this so the alerts would go off properly. If anyone would want to merge this post, that'd be great.
Videomode is set to "none"
Try to set it to "auto" or "ntsc"

Reactions: epicmartin7

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So, I was finally able to get onto my computer and got this photo of my settings.
View attachment 28252

Also, sorry for the double post. I only did this so the alerts would go off properly. If anyone would want to merge this post, that'd be great.
dont modify screen position and video width at all, that option has high potential on various games to crash them. also use auto video mode, that works for everything.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some more FYI info, the other triforce game left, Gekitou Proyakuu Mizushima Shinji Allstars VS Proyakyuu , runs just fine without having to do anything, thought thats pretty cool.
TV2015102700122400.png
If i somehow managed to find this triforce game would it have to be in .iso format like the other games to run on nintendont?

athairus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello fix94! I have a suggestion for you. Can you add code to detect when Nintendont is run on a Wii U and disable the "Native Control" option? I spent longer than I'd like to admit trying to get my GC controllers working with my Wii U and Mayflash GC controller adapter for Wii U. I tried so many permutations of which order to plug the two USB plugs in the front ports, "Native Control", "USB HID" and adapter mode (Wii U vs PC) to find out what worked.

The answer was doesn't matter, off, on, Wii U :)

Anyway, glad to see you figured out widescreen patches for Metroid Prime 1/2. Why does manually setting the video width to its maximum completely ruin the video save for some glitchy green boxes?

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello fix94! I have a suggestion for you. Can you add code to detect when Nintendont is run on a Wii U and disable the "Native Control" option? I spent longer than I'd like to admit trying to get my GC controllers working with my Wii U and Mayflash GC controller adapter for Wii U. I tried so many permutations of which order to plug the two USB plugs in the front ports, "Native Control", "USB HID" and adapter mode (Wii U vs PC) to find out what worked.

The answer was doesn't matter, off, on, Wii U :)

Anyway, glad to see you figured out widescreen patches for Metroid Prime 1/2. Why does manually setting the video width to its maximum completely ruin the video save for some glitchy green boxes?
I do believe Native Controls are off by default, so that would only cause problems if someone deliberately turned on the option. People shouldn't be messing with options they don't know about, so it should be fine.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Don't ever get into the business of writing apps, haha.
That's only if you're concerned with people that can't bother with the instructions you've spent a good hour or so writing for the software you've spent far more time writing. Those types of people probably shouldn't be messing with homebrew all together. I can't talk for Fix, but it just seems like unneeded work when it's already off by default and there are in depth instructions explaining what the option does. The developers can't be held accountable for the users.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
View attachment 28252

We need a Red disclaimer saying width can break your game use auto if its blackscreening on some part, i cant remenber how manny people had this setted and came here saying game was blackscreening somewhere.

Reactions: epicmartin7

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We need a Red disclaimer saying width can break your game use auto if its blackscreening on some part, i cant remenber how manny people had this setted and came here saying game was blackscreening somewhere.
Or the number of users who were using 8 or 16MB Emulated Memory Cards and wondered why games weren't working. I agree that the Native Controls should be grayed out when using Nintendont on a Wii U. It will prevent people from using it and then coming here complaining that Nintendont doesn't work.

Code:
Make something idiot proof and then they invent a better idiot.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for this! Can i just use the CHD available for those games? [renaming them to ISO, i guess] since that's the only format that can be found
nope, you have to go through quite a few complex steps and need decryption keys and stuff so its not quite that easy :P

Reactions: sindrik

Meeptroid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I recently encountered a problem with Nintendon't that I think might be a good thing to get documented. In Tales of Symphonia Disc One, I always got a crash whenever I tried to take the Priest in Palmacosta to Hakonesia Peak, and it worked fine whenever I took him/her to the House of Salvation, but, whenever I tried for Hakonesia Peak, it would show me getting the priest there, but then, the screen goes black, sound remains, and I have to take out the Wii's power cord to restart it. I use a Black Original Wii with firmware update 4.3. I would like to know if its possible to fix this problem, but, its fine if it can't be, the game can be resumed without taking the priest to Hakonesia Peak. Thanks!

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I recently encountered a problem with Nintendon't that I think might be a good thing to get documented. In Tales of Symphonia Disc One, I always got a crash whenever I tried to take the Priest in Palmacosta to Hakonesia Peak, and it worked fine whenever I took him/her to the House of Salvation, but, whenever I tried for Hakonesia Peak, it would show me getting the priest there, but then, the screen goes black, sound remains, and I have to take out the Wii's power cord to restart it. I use a Black Original Wii with firmware update 4.3. I would like to know if its possible to fix this problem, but, its fine if it can't be, the game can be resumed without taking the priest to Hakonesia Peak. Thanks!
Please post your Nintendont version (don't say latest) as well as ALL of your settings. Are you using HDD/SD/USB Flash? Have you MD5 hash checked you ISO?

Meeptroid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, Idk what version I have, I would presume latest, but, I cannot say as a friend compiled everything for me(he never told me what version he gave me), all my settings are default, and, I use USB flash drive. Sorry again for having to say latest, but, Idk what version my friend gave me, I will look into it though, and I'm sure my ISO is pure and stuff.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, Idk what version I have, I would presume latest, but, I cannot say as a friend compiled everything for me(he never told me what version he gave me), all my settings are default, and, I use USB flash drive. Sorry again for having to say latest, but, Idk what version my friend gave me, I will look into it though, and I'm sure my ISO is pure and stuff.
Go install the latest precompiled version from github, linked in the first post, just in case. Also, check your ISO's MD5 against GameTDB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The NES launched at like 250 and the rob and light gun kit was like 350 or something