Hacking Nintendont

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
20 years old tv ? Wow.
My 4:3 ratio TV is 15 years old and I get issues sometimes running PAL games, I use it for gaming all the time though.

In any case, I have a friend with a somewhat related problem, he's using a regular Wii and he says he's using the latest version of Nintendont "don't ask me for the revision number cause he didn't tell me, I kept asking him to post his problem here but he keeps coming to me instead" anyway his problem is to do with the controller, he says he uses regular GC controllers and after some time "he probably installed something" his controller no longer works with Nintendont, even after I told him to test with Native Controls on and deleting the config file, he says the controller works fine with Super Smash Bros Brawl and he doesn't have a GC game to test.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
My 4:3 ratio TV is 15 years old and I get issues sometimes running PAL games, I use it for gaming all the time though.

In any case, I have a friend with a somewhat related problem, he's using a regular Wii and he says he's using the latest version of Nintendont "don't ask me for the revision number cause he didn't tell me, I kept asking him to post his problem here but he keeps coming to me instead" anyway his problem is to do with the controller, he says he uses regular GC controllers and after some time "he probably installed something" his controller no longer works with Nintendont, even after I told him to test with Native Controls on and deleting the config file, he says the controller works fine with Super Smash Bros Brawl and he doesn't have a GC game to test.
afaik theres nothign he can install to break gamecube controllers trough wii gc ports, are you sure he is putting the gc controller on port1? the furthest away from the MC slots?

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
afaik theres nothign he can install to break gamecube controllers trough wii gc ports, are you sure he is putting the gc controller on port1? the furthest away from the MC slots?
I have to check with him about this, I assumed he knows that otherwise how is he using it for Brawl? I too never heard of someone breaking his GC ports by installing software before, if it helps he also said the same issue happens with the Homebrew Channel as he can't use the GC controller with it either, however in Nintendont he says he can only control the menu but once the game starts he can't so anything.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have to check with him about this, I assumed he knows that otherwise how is he using it for Brawl? I too never heard of someone breaking his GC ports by installing software before, if it helps he also said the same issue happens with the Homebrew Channel as he can't use the GC controller with it either, however in Nintendont he says he can only control the menu but once the game starts he can't so anything.
just make sure his controller is on port 1 becuase if it doesnt work on homebrew channel something is really bad.

Reactions: sonictopfan

marchrius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If your tv is ntsc/american, that's normal. America never cared too much for PAL signals.

D

Deleted-353083

of course it works with ntsc games some people cant get ntsc games to work becuase of their cables/tv that might not support ntsc signal and no i didnt meant to turn force pal 50 on, i meant go to video and choose force pal60, if all elese fails try to get the pal version to see if it works.
Seems you were right. I originally posted this on another site but got told off and i can't be bothered typing it again so i'll just copy and paste....

Hey all, i have a Wii U and modded the vWii with the Homebrew Channel and put Nintendont on there so i could play GameCube games and every one i have works perfectly... all except Agent Under Fire. No matter what i've tried it freezes up at the end of the second stage. From what i was told and from what i've researched it's almost certainly because i have a PAL console but i'm using an NTSC iso. I've tried finding a PAL iso everywhere but all i can find are NTSC ones. If anyone knows where i can get a real PAL iso of this game or if anyone happens to have a PAL copy of this game and would be kind enough to rip it and send it to me somehow i would be very appreciative. Cheers.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so I looked some more at other available triforce games for fun and this "Key Of Avalon" game doesnt look too interesting to me so probably no nintendont support ever :P

edit: Oh and also something very good about nintendont is that even though I wont add support for it it does start to a extend already without having to do anything:
TV2015102623371300.png

TV2015102623391300.png
it even can do logging already! :P
http://pastie.org/private/72dznq00o8eklbdps85hg

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... I've been having an issue with Zelda: Ocarina of Time/MasterQuest Collector's Edition. The game boots up and the menu's work fine. The thing is, when I select one of the N64 games it has no picture but still has sound. I've even tried to change some settings and it still didn't work. Anyway I could possibly fix this?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
So... I've been having an issue with Zelda: Ocarina of Time/MasterQuest Collector's Edition. The game boots up and the menu's work fine. The thing is, when I select one of the N64 games it has no picture but still has sound. I've even tried to change some settings and it still didn't work. Anyway I could possibly fix this?
Hi, verify that the video mode is set on "auto" that should work properly.

If not, try to force ntsc, it should be fixed.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
make sure your not forcing videomodes or width.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
1.) Latest Version
2.) American region
3.) Wii U
Can you post the exact settings used before loading the games (a picture of the tv screen)?
That would help. In my end, Collector edition works fine.

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you post the exact settings used before loading the games (a picture of the tv screen)?
That would help. In my end, Collector edition works fine.
I'll give you my settings as soon as I can. I'm on my Wii U right now and need to go to vWii mode in order to find out my settings :P. So I'll let you guys know once I do that.

Last edited by epicmartin7,

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I was finally able to get onto my computer and got this photo of my settings.
HNI_0033.JPG

Sorry for the potato quality though, it was taken by my 3DS.

Also, sorry for the double post. I only did this so the alerts would go off properly. If anyone would want to merge this post, that'd be great.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Ohhh. NSFW!!!! https://youtu.be/q3C3ceUYXRY?feature=shared