Hacking Nintendont

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't use WBM, it's too clunky for me (also I've seen it have bugs)
Then there's not much that can be done as Nintendont will never support NTFS.

The other alternative is to use your Wii Backup loader on the Wii to install the Wii games as it will properly split large games. Of course if your downloading the ISO that's another story.

Last edited by ccfman2004,

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just use EXT2 for my Wii backups as I'm too lazy to boot my Windows XP VM every time I want to use WBM. It kind of works under WINE, but it's unreliable. USB Loader GX works with EXT2 just fine, anyway.

I just rip my games with CleanRip to my FAT32 partition, stitch the ISOs back together for my archive, then copy the complete ISOs to my EXT2 partition.

Last edited by TecXero,
D

Deleted User

I use WDF (Wiimm's Disc Format) version 2 for storage to HDD. I'd use WIA but it's fucking slow to turn into and convert out of

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since I use a Mac, I use Witgui to transfer my Wii ISOs to my FAT32 drive. It's really quick. For games that I haven't ripped yet, I use Wiiflow to rip them onto my USB drive.

D

Deleted-353083

First please edit your post and remove the emu site as it's not allowed to be listed here.

Download this guy's ISO verify tool: GCVerify
Ok i finally got around to downloading that and checking the iso out. Seeing as i don't know anything about this, i just took a screenshot... is this good?

Untitled.png.html

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello. I downloaded and installed Nintendont on my wii. But When I tried to play paper mario thousand year door, the video was broken. It showed graphics, but it was broken and flashing.
I thought it was an error with video region since the rom was pal and I experienced similar things with Wii games. So I tried every video regions (auto,ntsc,mpal,pal60,pal50) but none gave correct graphics.
Could you please teach me what I might have done wrong?

Wii region:Korean
TV Cable:Composite
Homebrew Channel 1.1.0
Paper Mario The Thousand-Year Door clean 1.36GB iso file (European)
i smell a bad iso, post your iso md5 your nintendont version and all your nintendont settings.

yeah iso is good post all your nintendont settings and version if you can.

Manny people dont realize the width affects compat same goes for the forced video settings.

Last edited by pedro702,
D

Deleted-353083

i smell a bad iso, post your iso md5 your nintendont version and all your nintendont settings.

Manny people dont realize the width affects compat same goes for the forced video settings.
I already did -

Nintendont Loader : v3.373 (Wii U)
Built : Sep 29 2015 20:19:08
Firmware : 58.25.32

Any idea why i still get the black screen/green fuzzy lines at the end of stage 2?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The only things i have turned on are Memcard Emulation and Wii U Widescreen. Everything else is default settings (on, offs, autos, forced)
thats what most people say unless you exactly write out every setting there is no help, cant count how manny people usualy say i only have this setting and they have another. just type them exactly how they are on the nintendont settings.

D

Deleted-353083

thats what most people say unless you exactly write out every setting there is no help, cant count how manny people usualy say i only have this setting and they have another. just type them exactly how they are on the nintendont settings.
Ok then...

Cheats - off
Debugger - off
Debugger Wait - off
Memcard Emulation - on
Cheat Path - off
Force Widescreen - off
Force Progressive Scan - off
Auto Boot - off
Unlock Read Speed - off
OSReport - off
Wii U Widescreen - on
Drive Read LED - off
Log - off
Maxpads - 4
Language - auto
Video - auto
Memcard Blocks - 251
Memcard Multi - off
Native Control - off
Video Width - auto
Screen Position - 0
Patch PAL50 - off

There - hope you're happy now!! lol.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Ok then...

Cheats - off
Debugger - off
Debugger Wait - off
Memcard Emulation - on
Cheat Path - off
Force Widescreen - off
Force Progressive Scan - off
Auto Boot - off
Unlock Read Speed - off
OSReport - off
Wii U Widescreen - on
Drive Read LED - off
Log - off
Maxpads - 4
Language - auto
Video - auto
Memcard Blocks - 251
Memcard Multi - off
Native Control - off
Video Width - auto
Screen Position - 0
Patch PAL50 - off

There - hope you're happy now!! lol.

so your using the ntsc version hm maybe try pathcing pal 60

force pal 60 in the settings and see if it works?

Brand Newman

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France

Yes, you're right, it happened to myself (having PAL games in progressive most of the time ends up in the game being stuck within 5 minutes) : but even with the video settings left untouched I experience random freezes within the 30 min-1 hour after I started the game. It usually starts with statics in the sound, then the game either stops with a high pitched sound, or the simply shuts down the wii. It's too bad, for Nintendont is such a great software, but I can't afford to play a game without knowing when it will break... So I'm back to my old discs for now (I still have the original wii, and am never gonna leave it, for it seems to have less compatibility problems since I can use native controller, etc.), waiting for a more stable release. Good luck to everybody with their own bugs, hope you'll find a way to play your games. :-)

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yes, you're right, it happened to myself (having PAL games in progressive most of the time ends up in the game being stuck within 5 minutes) : but even with the video settings left untouched I experience random freezes within the 30 min-1 hour after I started the game. It usually starts with statics in the sound, then the game either stops with a high pitched sound, or the simply shuts down the wii. It's too bad, for Nintendont is such a great software, but I can't afford to play a game without knowing when it will break... So I'm back to my old discs for now (I still have the original wii, and am never gonna leave it, for it seems to have less compatibility problems since I can use native controller, etc.), waiting for a more stable release. Good luck to everybody with their own bugs, hope you'll find a way to play your games. :-)
there are only 3 things that can make nintendont randomly freeze a game

OSreport-on
Log-on
Forced Widescreen-ON

if you have any of this 3 on set them off and no game will ever randomly freeze.

Brand Newman

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France

OSreport-on
Log-on
Forced Widescreen-ON

if you have any of this 3 on set them off and no game will ever randomly freeze.
I don't have any of them... Guess my case is hopeless lol

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

OSreport-on
Log-on
Forced Widescreen-ON

But I do use USB Loader to play sometimes, and I must admit I don't remember if the bugs occurred when directly using Nintendont (I tried both methods when I was trying to get progressive, and maybe I stayed with USB Loader since I realized forcing video didn't help)... So I'll give it a try . Thanks for trying to help anyway

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

But I do use USB Loader to play sometimes, and I must admit I don't remember if the bugs occurred when directly using Nintendont (I tried both methods when I was trying to get progressive, and maybe I stayed with USB Loader since I realized forcing video didn't help)... So I'll give it a try . Thanks for trying to help anyway
remenber usbloaders force alot of settings by default.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it'll give ya time to practice anyway