FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
just made some small changes:
-cut memcard emu access time in half since after testing it doesnt seem to cause any problems
-when playing from usb, let the drive read a random sector every 10 seconds to stay alive
From all the testing I did it seems like my initial access time value for memory cards was too high so I took half of that. If anyone has issues saving or loading in some games now let me know.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
batman vengeance only works with no memcard inserted or memcard emu enabled, it only works at all because of a hack I wrote in the first place, the only problem the hack doesnt cover is if you try to use a real memcard

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
batman vengeance only works with no memcard inserted or memcard emu enabled, it only works at all because of a hack I wrote in the first place, the only problem the hack doesnt cover is if you try to use a real memcard
I didn't know that, I'll go check that out and report, I assumed since real memory card support is fixed I should go back in using it but I don't mind using emumc with this game, I already use it with some other games like PSO!

Edit: Yep, game works fine with emumc, it doesn't work with real mc though!

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I just ask....what do people think the future of Nintendont is. I reckon about 16 games are "fully broke", meaning it doesnt work on any region and is unplayable. I reckon 95% of English language games are on the list already so I doubt many more non working games will be discovered, if any.

I realise a few games still have issues, sound too fast or enemies wont die ect. So what next? Polishing up the working games? Aim for 100% compatibility? An all singing all dancing gui, doing away with the need for loaders? A bit of all 3? Something else? Or are we getting close now to a finished article?
I'm thinking it has to be more then 16 games. Mainly japanese games due to the language barrier.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm SO impressed that this isn't an emulator and is more like running natively. I congratulate the developers of this app and all I can say is I wish someone would create something to get PS1 games running natively

Also, just a minor thing I don't know if anyones aware of. The intro to SSBM, the sound is full speed, the video finishes a couple minutes after the sound does for me, everything is slow motion on intro. Not sure if it's the place to post but I wanted to leave a comment to show my appreciation :P

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Also, just a minor thing I don't know if anyones aware of. The intro to SSBM, the sound is full speed, the video finishes a couple minutes after the sound does for me, everything is slow motion on intro.

That means whatever device you use is extremly slow, even my old sd card can handle the intro with only being about 5 seconds behind in the end. My hdd loads the intro with no issues compared.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm SO impressed that this isn't an emulator and is more like running natively. I congratulate the developers of this app and all I can say is I wish someone would create something to get PS1 games running natively.

Nintendont is not an emulator, it is an interpreter as the GameCube and Wii/Wii U all use the same CPU type, PowerPC. The Wii is simply a more powerful GameCube and the Wii U is a more powerful Wii.

You can never run PS1 games natively on a Wii or Wii U as the PS1 uses a completely different CPU architecture so it can only be emulated which will give it a performance hit.

Xenith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My sleeping hdd issue that i had is now i fixed well at least to my testing. Thank you for this update!
I want to check something with a revision before that was implemented. How can i download older revisions from the google code? I want to test rev 214

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Xenith

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question. Is there a Nintendont forwarder that we can specify what settings and what game to auto boot as a channel so it feels more like an official Nintendo VC channel?

Joeysweden

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I posted a little while on the thread and after testing have a few more questions. I have tried to fix my problem, but I keep getting stuck on checking fs. The one thing I haven't done is bought an external power source, mostly because I have no idea what this means. Also, is this necessary or is there another solution. The only thing I could think of is buying
HTML:
<a> href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002W8EDOM"this</a>
, which just allows me to use both ports on the wii at once. However, this is really a power source, it is just taking more power from the wii. Would it work?

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I posted a little while on the thread and after testing have a few more questions. I have tried to fix my problem, but I keep getting stuck on checking fs. The one thing I haven't done is bought an external power source, mostly because I have no idea what this means. Also, is this necessary or is there another solution. The only thing I could think of is buying
HTML:
<a> href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002W8EDOM"this</a>
, which just allows me to use both ports on the wii at once. However, this is really a power source, it is just taking more power from the wii. Would it work?

What hard drive are you using? How is it recieving power?

checking fs means checking file system....everyone here assumes it means your drive failed to mount for any reason.

I have requested that we get boot messages for this error (just like how Howard added boot messages for usb controllers) but got no response. Maybe it's not possible to add?

You can try to reformat your drive with different sector sizes to see if that fixes your error.

rundeer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having this same issue: https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont.349258/page-660#post-5094722
I have nintendont on my sd card, and I'm loading games from a usb drive through cfg loader mod. Everything works fine through the program itself, but whenever I load a game through the usb loader, nintendont's settings reset. Am I missing something obvious here? I'm using the latest versions of everything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT