Hacking Nintendont

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Also, I just tested every game I own (and updated the list accordingly) and can say it's the most stable version yet. The only games I've seen backslide (and this probably happened before v1.111) are these:

Star Fox Assault now freezes while reading the memory card. This worked on at least v1.80.

Resident Evil Zero's aspect ratio is now two times the height it should be during cg cutscenes and gameplay, tho the warning and title screeens are visually correct. This is a weird bug considering this has already been a bug and was fixed so, at least it must be an easy fix?

Resident Evil 4 PAL now freezes during the beginning set of cutscenes also.

That said, I love v1.111. GREAT job. Can't tell you how awesome it is to play GameCube games in widescreen hd but also with a dual shock, my preferred sixth generation pad. It honestly works much better than my old ps2 to GameCube controller adapter. Thanks, you guys.

Edit: forgot two.
MegaMan X Collection's screen, all during the game select portion, is now missing the bottom half. Once you select a game, the video starts working.

The peach's castle tech demo no longer works either. It reboots my wii u during the "init DI" portion of nintedont's booting process.

Just tested Megaman X Collection, and I had no bottom screen missing. It's working fine for me on r1.111
Megaman Anniversary still has the annoying beep every second.

Out of that. All other games work at TREMENDOUS SPEED!
Just noticed the incredible jump of speed in loading screens.
Melee doesn't even freeze for a while when choosing a stage, boots directly into it with almost no loading time, a second would be too much for such load O.o

Seriously, if this project goes on further and adds bluetooth, this will outshine Devo for a ton of miles!

Reactions: the_randomizer

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just in case the devs missed this post I'll post it again.

1. I know you said the fast saving can cause corruption but could we have this back as an optional setting?

2. Is there a limitation on how many codes can be used at once? I have on only about 5 codes (one line each) and some of them don't work on Nintendont while they work fine on DM.

3. If/when the Wii U is able to run Homebrew in Wii mode, will Nintendont be ported over to it or will it stay on Wii/V Wii?

4. What does the "cheats path" option mean?

5. Since Nintendon't uses resources from the IPL, could it one day be possible to IPL-boot a game? I'll explain, example: Options>IPL Boot On and it boots the IPL with an ISO mounted so it would look just like a real GameCube boting a game?

emu_kididd's swiss can boot the IPL when running on a Wii just so you know, all you need is a decrypted IPL in DOL format.

Robbo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok, just tested out r111 and as many has confirmed, ps3 controller issues are fixed (many thanks to the devs for addressing this one). however, as far as game compatibilities go, with the ones i tested, the same problems that r80 had are also in r111 which are listed as follows:

resident evil remake: freezes with a beeping sound in the first fmv movie after you start a new game and console has to be restarted by pulling powercord. the fmv can however be skipped.

007 nightfire: boots fine, but freezes with black screen as soon as you press start after the intro.

MGS twin snakes US version: boots and plays fine until the first round of the REX battle. freezes with white screen immediately after the scene where gray fox is impaled by REX and snake is pointing the stinger at him. this scene is immediately after the first roung of the REX battle. gamebreaking bug as there is no way to go past it or skip it. Interestingly, the PAL version of the game does not have this problem.

MGS twin snakes EU version: boots and plays fine until the hand to hand combat between solid and liquid towards the end. immediately after the fight, as snake proceeds to check up on Meryl, the game freezes and console has to be restarted. Due to the previously mentioned bug in the US version in the game, there is no way to check whether this bug in in the US version of the game as well. not a game breaking bug as the cutscene can simply be skipped.

r80, i.e. version 1.80 had the exact same bugs with these games.

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
v1.101 has Starfox Assault working, Sonic Gems collection working for Sonic CD, Sonic Fighters & Sonic R.
Midway Arcade collection 2 boots into menu, blackscreens when selecting any game. Midway Arcade collection 3 has the same issue (dol related it seems).
All games have full isos, tested on 4.3E pal wii.

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
v1.101 has Sonic Gems collection working for Sonic CD, Sonic Fighters & Sonic R.
Midway Arcade collection 2 boots into menu, blackscreens when selecting any game. Midway Arcade collection 3 has the same issue (dol related it seems)
Sonic Gems Coll. also works all the way to v1.109 but games that use tgc files still need a fix. Sonic Gems seems to be the odd case where it's just multiple dols in the root of the filesystem. Midway Arcade games probably use tgc files which are like an iso within an iso.

Could you confirm if the Wacky Workbench present music works in Sonic CD? As well as the Saved Games mode. Those two things gave me a crash but not in Dolphin.

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Could you confirm if the Wacky Workbench present music works in Sonic CD? As well as the Saved Games mode. Those two things gave me a crash but not in Dolphin.

Haven't got to that stage yet, will try later and report back ASAP.
PAL version ?

Yeah, PAL.

Also, for anyone interested here's the list of GC games i got running via Nintendont v.1.101.
(Note: crossed out games are ran by Devolution)
Saved.PNG

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
just wondering if any dev wants to take a look at some game controls, some games like call of duty(in mission) and tiger woods pg 2003 have controller issues both of this games have an issue where only dpad and the analog stick and c stick work all other buttons dont respond.

Another thing that also might need some looking into is games that run at 2x the speed they should not on cutscnes but on the game itselft like all 3 lord of the rings games and call of duty 2 big red one.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
just updated again, just some simple fixes:
-check for valid tgc header before copying in our own apploader (fixes sonic gems collection)
-added animal crossing to the arstartdma exception list, lets animal crossing pal boot without any modifications for the first time via the new tgc apploader

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

Haven't got to that stage yet, will try later and report back ASAP.

So i just finished a 2-hour session with Sonic CD.
I got till stage 4 (Quartz Quadrant).

Saved games mode DOES work. It starts a buzzing sound like bzz bzz when entering it and selecting saved game, but if you persist (ie exit the saves screen and select continue) it goes away after about 10 seconds. It did freeze on me once when copying a save from one slot to another, but a quick reset (on the wii, not the GC pad combo) restarted the iso no problem, just like a real disc.
I also got the game to hang about 2-3 times after 20-30 minutes of playing, so word of advice:after getting through a stage (meaning all of its' 3 zones), exit the game and save. Then exit Sonic CD. The game will then autosave and then it blackscreens (it should be on the main menu by now). However, upon restarting, you can now select your savegame and continue from the new level. I did it this way, and as i said i am now in Quartz Quadrant (level 4) and having 4 gems. I'll keep on till i reach the Wacky Workbench level.

Oh, BTW, the mode-7 like bonus levels are butter smooth in this emulation, compared to GenPlus GX or Retroarch where it slows down a bit here and there.

Megaman Collection and Megaman X Collection are the only other 2 I can think of.

Midway Arcade Collection 2 (Mortal Kombat 2 & 3) & 3 (SFRush games, Hydrothunder), Intellivision Lives, etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: still, you're forgiven +2