Hacking Nintendont

Basic84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem with nintendon't, it says that it can't laurch my controller, because the controller.ini is missing in the sd, so I put that file in the root of my sd card and charge the ps3.ini to controller.ini and still nothing.

TarkinMX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does nintendont support nmm saves or only raw? I tried using the search function on this thread but it complains that the word is too short.

TarkinMX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem with nintendon't, it says that it can't laurch my controller, because the controller.ini is missing in the sd, so I put that file in the root of my sd card and charge the ps3.ini to controller.ini and still nothing.

Have you tried hidtest and see if it works there? Also if you're using usb instead of sd copy the controller.ini file to the root of your usb drive.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Does nintendont support nmm saves or only raw? I tried using the search function on this thread but it complains that the word is too short.

Raw only, it creates a 2mb Gameid.raw for each game.

It's kinda obvious but do you have the controller correctly plugged? Also, as tarkinmx says, the ini goes in the root of the device where the games are (if you want to test it in hidtest, it also has to be in the root of the device where the dol is)

TarkinMX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raw only, it creates a 2mb Gameid.raw for each game.

OK, I thought it was along those lines but wasn't sure. I have some game saves from an actual memory card that I would like to use and I'm not sure how to go about using the saves. I used GCMM and dumped the saves and wasn't sure where to go from there. I was thinking that if I did a raw dump with GCMM that it would dump all the saves on the card into one raw file. Is that correct?

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
OK, I thought it was along those lines but wasn't sure. I have some game saves from an actual memory card that I would like to use and I'm not sure how to go about using the saves. I used GCMM and dumped the saves and wasn't sure where to go from there. I was thinking that if I did a raw dump with GCMM that it would dump all the saves on the card into one raw file. Is that correct?

I haven't used gcmm but it would seem it either dumps a .raw file or a gci one .. Either way you'd have to load your games in nintendont with MCemu enabled and format the memory cards in-game; then transfer the memory cards and your dump to acomputer and use Dolphin's memory card manager to inject the saves to the respective .raw file for each game..

If your dump is a raw file load it as memory card A, and load a nintendont gameid.raw as memory card B. Delete that lonely save and transfer your save from A to B.

If it's a GCI, load only the gameid.raw and delete the save, then use Import GCI and you'll have all your saves there.. Well, I'm only guessing that, I don't know if a GCI is a bunch of saves as the .raw file, or if there's one file for each savegame; if it's the latter you can simply import it and that's it, otherwise delete all the saves except the one for that game.

that's the process, more or less.. I'll edit this post after I confirm the exact way to do it.

Reactions: TarkinMX

Basic84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, everything is in the right place in my sd card, but I did find a bug file saying ini hid failed, then a bunch of letters and numbers with in the file.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Yes, everything is in the right place in my sd card, but I did find a bug file saying ini hid failed, then a bunch of letters and numbers with in the file.

What are you using? Wii or WiiU? in which port did you plug your controller? are you using only the SD to hold all your homebrew and games? Have you tried Hidtest6 to see if it detects your controller?

Basic84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using the wii u front port on the left side, i'm only using the sd to hold all my homebrew and games and yes I tried the hid test 6 to test my ps3 controller and it works and sorry about posting the same post 4 times. I thought the reply button didn't work, so I press the button many times until I saw something.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I'm using the wii u front port on the left side, i'm only using the sd to hold all my homebrew and games and yes I tried the hid test 6 to test my ps3 controller and it works and sorry about posting the same post 4 times. I thought the reply button didn't work, so I press the button many times until I saw something.

Run nintendont from the HBC and check in the settings if you have HID enabled, I think it must be disabled in WiiU. Since it works with HIDTest that's the only other thing that could make it not work, you're using the latest version of nintendont, right?

Basic84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried the settings and got the lastest version of nintendont still doesn't work. By the looks of it nintendont doesnt work on my sd card.

TarkinMX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Like markehmus said, try the back bottom port. I don't know about the other versions but I do know with the latest version I get an error if I don't have it plugged into that port on my Wii U and it tells me to plug it into that port.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Like markehmus said, try the back bottom port. I don't know about the other versions but I do know with the latest version I get an error if I don't have it plugged into that port on my Wii U and it tells me to plug it into that port.

That should happen only if you're loading games from an HDD because of the kernel. When games are loaded from SD the front ports should work fine.. Even so, I agree that he should try everything that might make a difference on nintendont.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I tried all ports still nothing, it keep saying ini hid failed missing sd/controller . ini.

Are you sure your controller.ini is there? maybe it's a naming issue, like having an extra space or extensions hidden (so it could look like controller.ini but be controller.ini.txt instead)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch