Hacking Nintendont

felipecabralf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super Smash Bros. Melee: Lags a bit when lottery trophies save but everything else is perfect
Super Mario Sunshine: Absolutely perfect
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle: Both the main save and chao save work perfect
Every RE game is perfect

Anything else i should test?
Thanks alot for posting some results, that sounds awesome, guess I did the right things :)
Sunshine is now working flawless for me as well, thank you!

Michierusama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok today I played ssbm and no lag or crash. I finished the game two times.

Baten kaitos origins loads and saves normally but eternal wings crashes at progressive scan mode selection screen when I enable nmm emulation.

Is it normal if I launch and save a game for the first time it says the card is corrupt and needs format?

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States

Baten kaitos origins loads and saves normally but eternal wings crashes at progressive scan mode selection screen when I enable nmm emulation.

Is it normal if I launch and save a game for the first time it says the card is corrupt and needs format?

Yes, the memory card normally isn't formatted so it will say that.

Michierusama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, the memory card normally isn't formatted so it will say that.

Thanks for answering. So that was my testing. On rev50 melee finished two times and baten kaitos origins and all good :D but eternal wings freezes and only works if I turn of the nmm emulation :'(

I will go and test some more and report back.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah, Baten Kaitos freezes at progressive scan select, so I disabled progressive scan to run it. As for the corrupt memory card, feel free to format for when you are saving your game. However when you try to load a save game, it will also tell you your card is corrupt and ask you to format. Do NOT format when trying to load the save. Instead, say 'no', and then try to load again and it will work.

zombieman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, Baten Kaitos freezes at progressive scan select, so I disabled progressive scan to run it. As for the corrupt memory card, feel free to format for when you are saving your game. However when you try to load a save game, it will also tell you your card is corrupt and ask you to format. Do NOT format when trying to load the save. Instead, say 'no', and then try to load again and it will work.

the corrupt memory card when you load a save did not happen in 1.49

Michierusama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But when I disabled progressive scan it still asks me if I want to run it. And freezes in the selection. Where are the saves stored in the memory card emulation? I want to move some of my saves from my physical memory card.

zombieman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But when I disabled progressive scan it still asks me if I want to run it. And freezes in the selection. Where are the saves stored in the memory card emulation? I want to move some of my saves from my physical memory card.

it is in the saves folder on the device were your games are located
Edit: you will also need to now what the game id is for the game you want use that is how the saves are named

Bracket

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Bracket

You broke the 480p column on the compatibility list. Not sure how to fix because it won't let me undo that change.
Really sorry about that; I've reverted r50350. I thought I checked to make sure the column still displayed correctly, but I guess not :ohnoes:

I'm not sure how to get MediaWiki to display the "p" correctly. If anyone is familiar with MediaWiki syntax and knows how to make it display properly, please fix.

I think I'm done with my cosmetic changes too, since all that was left to do was to make sure yes/issues/no and size matched the template, but I don't really feel like doing it since they're such minor things. Size might be worth it since I did notice some bad spacing and cases which are visible to anyone viewing the page. At least the page is much cleaner than before and it should be fine to copy/paste an existing entry and modify without having some horrible formatting (It seemed like a lot of people were doing that).

demi_du

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
i'm using wiiu,nintendont 1.47,hdd 320g,wiiu pro controller and Mayflash USB adapter,the controller.ini from the Nintendont SVN. All the buttons register on and off repeatly when pressed, whatever i hold any button down (including the CStickX and CStickY) , it acts I'm repeatedly tapping it .

so i used HIDTest V6, when i press one button on my wiiu pro controller , it's hard to tell the number appear to change to what number, because the numbers flicker on my tv so they're very hard to read, when i use ps3 controller testing with HIDTest V6 it's return to normal, and the ps3 controller is used with no issue.

i'm sure my mayflash adapter is not in turbo mode, i'm sure about that. and i also press home button twice within half a second ,but nothing happens, All the buttons still register on and off repeatly when pressed, whatever i hold any button down (including the CStickX and CStickY) , it acts I'm repeatedly tapping it . I can't get any buttons or triggers to stay pressed when I hold them down.

so please hlep me , it's not an issue only happen to me , anyone can use the wiiupro controller with mayflash adapter ? i really don't think so ...

GreyRogue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v1.51 should change exactly nothing if I did it right.
v1.51
Generate .h files from .S files.
Generate .S files for DVDInquiryAsync and DVDSeekAbsAsyncPrio.
Remove built files from repository.
Simplify PadStub calling (use a global location for PadBuff).

Reactions: bm123456

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Thanks for the reply, but I installed devkitppc and there's no terminal. Where would it be located?

If you have windows, use the build.bat that's included with the source for nintendont (just double click on it), it's faster than using cmd. If you're in Linux you should already know what the terminal is.

if you're new to this kind of stuff, why do you want to compile it? The newest compiled version is always in the first post.

i'm using wiiu,nintendont 1.47,hdd 320g,wiiu pro controller and Mayflash USB adapter,the controller.ini from the Nintendont SVN. All the buttons register on and off repeatly when pressed, whatever i hold any button down (including the CStickX and CStickY) , it acts I'm repeatedly tapping it .

so i used HIDTest V6, when i press one button on my wiiu pro controller , it's hard to tell the number appear to change to what number, because the numbers flicker on my tv so they're very hard to read, when i use ps3 controller testing with HIDTest V6 it's return to normal, and the ps3 controller is used with no issue.

i'm sure my mayflash adapter is not in turbo mode, i'm sure about that. and i also press home button twice within half a second ,but nothing happens, All the buttons still register on and off repeatly when pressed, whatever i hold any button down (including the CStickX and CStickY) , it acts I'm repeatedly tapping it . I can't get any buttons or triggers to stay pressed when I hold them down.

so please hlep me , it's not an issue only happen to me , anyone can use the wiiupro controller with mayflash adapter ? i really don't think so ...

Have you tried using the controller and adapter on a computer to see if it isn't a controller issue?

demi_du

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
If you have windows, use the build.bat that's included with the source for nintendont (just double click on it), it's faster than using cmd. If you're in Linux you should already know what the terminal is.

if you're new to this kind of stuff, why do you want to compile it? The newest compiled version is always in the first post.

Have you tried using the controller and adapter on a computer to see if it isn't a controller issue?

Yes i have tied, both the wiiu pro controller and the mayflash adapter on computer worked fine. But in Hid test or in nintendont, they cause the same issue: when i hold any button down (including the CStickX and CStickY) , it acts I'm repeatedly tapping it . I can't get any buttons or triggers to stay pressed when I hold them down.

and it's not my own issue, in this thread page 320 #6382:

http://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont-crediars-new-project.349258/page-320#post-4991133

i have no idea with this trouble now ...

Reactions: Antonio Ricardo

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan

I got exactly the same problem when I tried to use Mayflash adapater+Wii U pro controller on Nintendont.

But there is no probem at all if I use them on my PC with Dolphin.

So I think the problem is currently "Mayflash adapater+Wii U pro controller"
is not compatible with Nintendont.

Reactions: demi_du

demi_du

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I got exactly the same problem when I tried to use Mayflash adapater+Wii U pro controller on Nintendont.

yes, i do think so, "Mayflash adapater+Wii U pro controller" is not compatible with Nintendont :sad:

so the infermation on the front page and the gamepads compatibility list shoud be changed:"Mayflash adapater+Wii U pro controller" is not compatible with Nintendont :sad:

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, i do think so, "Mayflash adapater+Wii U pro controller" is not compatible with Nintendont :sad:

Just because you havent gotten it to work yet dosent mean it isnt compatable.

When you look at the raw data in HidTest v.6 what does the value in offset 0 do when you dont press anything?
Are their any values that appear to be changing when nothing is pressed?

JnL_SSBM

Experienced
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just because you havent gotten it to work yet dosent mean it isnt compatable.

When you look at the raw data in HidTest v.6 what does the value in offset 0 do when you dont press anything?
Are their any values that appear to be changing when nothing is pressed?
if values doesn't change when pressing button, that means will never be compatible? in the case of Mayflash GC to USB?

I heard that Wii U Pro Controller Mayflash worked on very old revision of Nintendont.

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if values doesn't change when pressing button, that means will never be compatible? in the case of Mayflash GC to USB?

I heard that Wii U Pro Controller Mayflash worked on very old revision of Nintendont.
Never is very long time and no one can predict the future. :)

In the case of the Mayflash Wii u pro adapter I am looking for the exact opposite. I am looking for a value changing when nothing is pressed.

Reactions: JnL_SSBM

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ