Hacking Nintendont

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My brain hurts, but r33 posted. Should fix Pikmin sound, and should get correct DSP version numbers from more games. Taking a break for a while. Don't ask how many hours I've spent over the past couple of weeks trying to figure this thing out. If anyone wants to find games that use v6 and v7 that would be useful. Preferably, NTSC games, as those are the ones I own (I have ~50).

EDIT:
Dolphin can dump the DSP files from the images. You need a debug build so it will generate the Dump file, and it will name it with one of the hashes (different than sha1). You can run sha1 on the file, and it should generate one of the numbers in Patch.c. I don't have any games that use the hash it lists for Pikmin PAL, so that's likely to be one of them.

Thanks for your commit, I will test your revision in about an hour and post my results here

any other games that might have sound fix that I should test?

rashira

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just spent the past 10 minutes trying to remember my log in info, as I haven't really used my account, to ask this.

I'm FARR too lazy to look around to see if this has been asked, but, how do I go about getting my saves on my physical Memory card to the emulated Memory Card in Nintendont? I tried dumping a .raw file with GCMM and naming it ninmem.raw but that doesn't seem to work and the game just says it's corrupted and needs to be formatted.

wiewcw

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Tested new version Luigi Mansion - still stays at Nintendo logo, Sumer Mario Sunshine - green screen, Paper Mario - hangs at save create & no sound.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Tested new version Luigi Mansion - still stays at Nintendo logo, Sumer Mario Sunshine - green screen, Paper Mario - hangs at save create & no sound.
Reports for those games aren't necessary, the changes have nothing to do with those games. Here are the changes:
Code:
Fix DSP version finder.
Fix DSP for v10 games (Pikmin)
Attempt fix for DSP v11 games.  Need to find one that loads to test.
Please report on games for v10/11 DSP games.

wiewcw

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
V11 what kind of games it is?

only list that i have found is this:

Code:
DSP v0: THE LEGEND OF ZELDA The Wind Waker
DSP v1: Super Mario Sunshine, Wave Race Blue Storm
DSP V2:
DSP V3: TALES OF SYMPHONIA
DSP V4:
DSP V5: Mario Kart Double Dash!, Pikmin 2, Pokemon, Zelda Four Swords, Zelda Master's quests
DSP V6:
DSP V7: Paper Mario, Crash Tag Team Racing, Cubivore
DSP V8: The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess, DONKEY KONG JUNGLE BEAT
DSP V9: Fire_Emblem_Path_Of_Radiance, Geist, Metroid Prime 2
DSP V10: Pikmin
DSP V11: Luigi's Mansion
DSP unknown: Medal of Honor European Assault

there is some full list of DSP per game?

If V11 is Lugi Mansion - so it still hang at Nintendo logo for me...

kimotori

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm gonna reply about it just cause you seems to be having lots of fun with the icons (but I do know that it's not a main focus for the project/thread)..
...I think the other version of this icon (the one equal to this one, but without the "n" in WiiU stile) is better ...cause I think this "n" looks out of place esthetically speaking
is fun, but it is not a primary project, Nintendont is primary, however, I agree with the "n" normal.
Thank you for your contribution,Walker D!

pedrobarca

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
My brain hurts, but r33 posted. Should fix Pikmin sound, and should get correct DSP version numbers from more games. Taking a break for a while. Don't ask how many hours I've spent over the past couple of weeks trying to figure this thing out. If anyone wants to find games that use v6 and v7 that would be useful. Preferably, NTSC games, as those are the ones I own (I have ~50).

EDIT:
Dolphin can dump the DSP files from the images. You need a debug build so it will generate the Dump file, and it will name it with one of the hashes (different than sha1). You can run sha1 on the file, and it should generate one of the numbers in Patch.c. I don't have any games that use the hash it lists for Pikmin PAL, so that's likely to be one of them.

EDIT2:
r33 will fix Pikmin USA sound, probably not Pikmin PAL.
That's amazing news. Actually, I haven't expected that someone's able to improve the program. And improving DSP stuff is afaik one of the tougher tasks.

Reactions: Mustardtits

Mustardtits

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My brain hurts, but r33 posted.

Great work. Nice discovery. You're obviously very patient.
Looking at the Patch.c code you modified, this project has 100% possibility to run any GC game with near flawlessness. I would love to help if needed or wanted.

EDIT:

I have quite a few - over a dozen, in fact - of (legitimately ripped) GC isos on my HDD. I read your instructions above on dumping DSP files via the Dolphin debugger. I'm able to run the iso, view the code, but not able to get a successful dump. I've attached an image of the code for Metal Gear Solid:TS. Maybe someone could enlighten me on what I'm overlooking.
--- Note: I ran the DSPTool.exe against my MGS:TS iso with an "assembly completed successfully" message. Not sure what it assembled, but this didn't seem to help, either.

This project has been blown wide open. Pending DSP hashes, this is looking good. I'm willing to make DSPhash edits to Patch.c, upload the file, and maybe have Joost or whomever else is listed as authors on the Google code project to compile the .dol.

I have tested Luigi's Mansion (PAL) with r33 and seems to work well.

Indeed. Along with Sonic MC.

Attachments

• IMG_2098.JPG
    IMG_2098.JPG
    322.5 KB · Views: 329

SirLoopy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't believe it is a DSP issue that is causing the hang up. From what I've been able to tell so far in my debugging, these type of hang ups are due to various unhandled calls and memory mappings.

alcaina7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've tried to put 'controller.ini' in sd:\ to play games with PS3 Controller but i CAN'T DO IT. The games never load.

Any idea?

Mustardtits

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't believe it is a DSP issue that is causing the hang up. From what I've been able to tell so far in my debugging, these type of hang ups are due to various unhandled calls and memory mappings.

Most of my game tests resulted in normal gameplay but distorted audio. Finding corresponding hashes & tweaking dods will help alleviate. The games that freeze initially on boot - you may very well be right about mem mapping.

Baby steps.

Reactions: SirLoopy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: https://garticphone.com/en/?c=0013ff1238