Hacking Nintendont

SolidSonicTH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about just using a Pro Controller as controller 1? Is that doable? Only way I can get Nintendont to play with Wii U accessories is to launch it with the GamePad active but doing that makes the GamePad P1.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
How about just using a Pro Controller as controller 1? Is that doable? Only way I can get Nintendont to play with Wii U accessories is to launch it with the GamePad active but doing that makes the GamePad P1.
there is a setting called wiiu gamepad slot you can change it to player 1-2-3-4 or none it is first by default so you need to change that .

uberwolf6688

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having problems with the game ATV Quad Power Racing 2 and Nintendont; the game is practically unplayable. Frequently at the beginning of the race, just after the countdown ends the game will freeze completely, giving that classic Wii blaring sound. It doesn't do it every time, it's completely random. It can be the first race you play, or the 20th. Doesn't matter what course or even what song is playing. It's frequent enough that the game is unplayable in any serious manner.

I tried it on two different Wiis, my original 2006 white one and a black one with GameCube ports. I've been using a rip from my own game disc, which matches the md5. I also downloaded copies from redump and Vimms, which both do it (Vimms appears as red in Nintendont menu fwiw) as well. Tried without memory cards, etc. The only thing I have not tried is a different drive. I'm using a WD Elements 500GB drive, but it has been fine for every other game I've tried and it's been years. Just this one game won't work. I'd love if anyone else can try this with their setup, maybe it is just my drive but until I have a free drive laying around I am stumped.

YukidaruPunch

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Quick question, searched the thread and didn't find: is it possible to change the layout of the face buttons using a DualShock 4 V2, like I can by pressing Minus on the Wii U Pro Controller? So it rotates 90º clockwise, Square becomes B and X becomes A and so on? Tried pressing the Share button but nothing seems to happen.

EDIT: Also, the PS button doesn't work like HOME? I'm using the Universal .ini.

EDIT 2: Changed to the controllers zip file. Now Share works like Home, however, still no sign of a layout change like Minus. Tried the Touchpad and L3 and R3, even. Is it possible?

Last edited by YukidaruPunch,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I am having problems with the game ATV Quad Power Racing 2 and Nintendont; the game is practically unplayable. Frequently at the beginning of the race, just after the countdown ends the game will freeze completely, giving that classic Wii blaring sound. It doesn't do it every time, it's completely random. It can be the first race you play, or the 20th. Doesn't matter what course or even what song is playing. It's frequent enough that the game is unplayable in any serious manner.

I tried it on two different Wiis, my original 2006 white one and a black one with GameCube ports. I've been using a rip from my own game disc, which matches the md5. I also downloaded copies from redump and Vimms, which both do it (Vimms appears as red in Nintendont menu fwiw) as well. Tried without memory cards, etc. The only thing I have not tried is a different drive. I'm using a WD Elements 500GB drive, but it has been fine for every other game I've tried and it's been years. Just this one game won't work. I'd love if anyone else can try this with their setup, maybe it is just my drive but until I have a free drive laying around I am stumped.
take a picture of your nintendont settings just to see what your running the game with.
Post automatically merged:

Quick question, searched the thread and didn't find: is it possible to change the layout of the face buttons using a DualShock 4 V2, like I can by pressing Minus on the Wii U Pro Controller? So it rotates 90º clockwise, Square becomes B and X becomes A and so on? Tried pressing the Share button but nothing seems to happen.

EDIT: Also, the PS button doesn't work like HOME? I'm using the Universal .ini.

EDIT 2: Changed to the controllers zip file. Now Share works like Home, however, still no sign of a layout change like Minus. Tried the Touchpad and L3 and R3, even. Is it possible?
hid controller buttons are mapped in the ini, there is no button swap combo for hid controllers because you can just edit your ini file directly.

Reactions: YukidaruPunch

AetheralMeowstic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp, Gamecube games now flat-out insist on crashing in Nintendont. Yes, I'm using the latest version of Nintendont. Yes, the dumps are perfect, proven by the fact that their MD5 hashes are a 1:1 match of those from the NoIntro hash database. No, nothing is corrupted, I've quintuple checked. No, neither my hardware nor my external hard drive are giving out, I've already checked. Yes, my external hard drive is formatted to FAT32.

Troubleshooting is giving me less than zero information on why Gamecube games that are in the green on the compatibility list now insist on randomly crashing in Nintendont.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Welp, Gamecube games now flat-out insist on crashing in Nintendont. Yes, I'm using the latest version of Nintendont. Yes, the dumps are perfect, proven by the fact that their MD5 hashes are a 1:1 match of those from the NoIntro hash database. No, nothing is corrupted, I've quintuple checked. No, neither my hardware nor my external hard drive are giving out, I've already checked. Yes, my external hard drive is formatted to FAT32.

Troubleshooting is giving me less than zero information on why Gamecube games that are in the green on the compatibility list now insist on randomly crashing in Nintendont.
take a picture of your nintendont settings.

cugel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Wii U Nintedont forwarder that takes me from the Wii U homescreen to the Nintendont frontend, which allows me to play games directly on the gamepad.

When I attempt to go online with PSO the game hard crashes and I have to pull the power.

HOWEVER, if I go into the vWii menu first, everything works fine. But I lose the functionality of being able to play directly on the gamepad with the gamepad's controls.

I'm guessing using the forwarder bypasses the vWii's ability to go online, resulting in a crash?

edit: the problem was that I have riiconnect installed. I think I should be able to install priiloader and make sure riiconnect gets automatically connected on vWii boot to solve the issue.

Last edited by cugel,
Reactions: andreiarturo

zeroxu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I put it back, and I just swapped the last two buttons.
Hey, im using this version because i want my ds4 controller facebutton act like gamecube and its working perfectly. The problem is, its crashing now when returning to loader. could you please fix it? i recon the problem is about versioning when compiling nintendont... Thanks

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, im using this version because i want my ds4 controller facebutton act like gamecube and its working perfectly. The problem is, its crashing now when returning to loader. could you please fix it? i recon the problem is about versioning when compiling nintendont... Thanks

You can try this

Attachments

• nintendont.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 21

zeroxu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
You can try this
Thanks for your help, it can return to loader now without crashing, but unfortunately the button mapping is wrong. right now triangle button is A button in GC and X button is Y button in GC,
Ineed it to be swapped so it would be correctly mapped. Thanks before

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your help, it can return to loader now without crashing, but unfortunately the button mapping is wrong. right now triangle button is A button in GC and X button is Y button in GC,
Ineed it to be swapped so it would be correctly mapped. Thanks before

this is the default setup: A=5,40
B=5,20
X=5,80
Y=5,10

I think in that case A is circle, B is cross, X is triangle, and Y is square. So how you want it mapped? I don't own a gamecube controller.

zeroxu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
this is the default setup: A=5,40
B=5,20
X=5,80
Y=5,10

I think in that case A is circle, B is cross, X is triangle, and Y is square. So how you want it mapped? I don't own a gamecube controller.

I need it to be:

A : Cross
B : Square
X : Circle
Y : Triangle

So it should be:
A = 5,20
B = 5,10
X = 5,40
Y = 5,80

Thanks

legolas119

Trophies
XP
Country
hi guys, i have Nintendont installed on my hacked Wii U. Is it possible to automatically update Nintendont? I installed it a couple of year ago so it should be updated... how can i do that?
thank you

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi guys, i have Nintendont installed on my hacked Wii U. Is it possible to automatically update Nintendont? I installed it a couple of year ago so it should be updated... how can i do that?
thank you
You should be able to do it from Nintendont directly. I believe they're is also an option in USB Loader GX too if you use that.

legolas119

Trophies
XP
Country
You should be able to do it from Nintendont directly. I believe they're is also an option in USB Loader GX too if you use that.
hi, thanks, i tried to upload it directly from Nintendont but it doens't work properly, i have this message and Nintendond isn't updated:
https://i.postimg.cc/nL3fDP4c/Whats-App-Image-2023-10-24-at-22-56-23.jpg

I tried to upload titles.txt too but i have an error message...
https://i.postimg.cc/Bbn6FVwq/Whats-App-Image-2023-10-24-at-23-13-16.jpg

Is it possible to update Nintendont with USB loader GX too? yes i have it even if i prefer WiiFlow, but it seems it isn't possible to update Nintendont with WiiFlow...
I looked for Nintedont update option in USB Loader GX but i dind't find it...

thank you!

Last edited by legolas119,

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe the updater in Nintendont is broken. I haven't used it in a while so i don't know. But if you check out the first post in this thread you will see instructions on how to install Nintendont. Just follow that to get the latest version. https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont.349258/#Setup

Install

1. Create a Nintendont folder in your device's /apps/ folder (ex. SD:/apps/Nintendont)
2. Download the meta.xml file and place it in the Nintendont folder.
Right-click this link and select "Save link's target as..." (or if you display the target's text in your internet browser, choose : File > save as)
3. Download the loader.dol, rename it to boot.dol and place it in the Nintendont folder.

You now should have :
/apps/Nintendont/boot.dol
/apps/Nintendont/meta.xml

Congratulation, you completed the installation!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo