Hacking Nintendont

pedrobarca

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country

OK. I guess, if I change the vWii video mode to interlaced CONF_GetProgressiveScan() returns false. That's the reason, why changing the vWii video mode fixes the blackscreen. I played a little around with setting the variable "progressive" constantly to true or constantly to false, however both resulted in a blackscreen, if my vWii video mode is to 480p. It seems changing the vWii video mode with Joostin's tool is the only way right now to boot these games.

I'm not sure what VIDEO_HaveComponentCable() returns. My bet would be "true", even though a HDMI is no component cable afaik (I'm not very good in this cable stuff, I might be wrong here). I tried to put some gprintf there to figure out what exactly happens, but nloader.log contained no useful information (it should be in the nloader.log, since global.c is part of loader, not part of the kernel, right?).

Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
FIX94

So I found a workaround for this problem: Joostin's app http://www.hacksden.com/showthread.php/3142-Settings-Editor-GUI
My default video settings in vWii mode are 480p. If I set this to any of the others (480i or 576i) the games mentioned above boot with nintendont video mode set to "Auto". Well, changing the vWii's video mode on every bootup is certainly a pain in the ass, so I hope I can come with something better.

What's irritating is that afaik we have

576i = 50Hz
480i = 60Hz

So if those vWii settings work with nintendont, why doesn't "force PAL50" and "force PAL60" work? Normally I would think it is

force PAL50=576i
force PAL60=480i

But there is definitively a difference between original vwii video modes and those video modes which are forced by nintendont. Maybe a bug in the force-PAL-code. Dunno...
Does the image change too much from 480p to 480i on vWii using HDMI?
Isn't 480i the one for composite and 480p the one for HDMI?
That is my only concern. XD

zecoxao

Trophies
XP
Country
i'm sorry for the offtopicness, but when i see this thread showing up on the most recent threads this song comes to my head :P

pedrobarca

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
If you run Force Progressive, do the games boot?
Guess I'll have to give it a shot once I arrive home after work.
No, they don't. If I have some time this week, I might try to disassemble the main.dol of "The Return of the King" take a look at the part in which this error message occurs.

Code:
Displ_InitRenderMode: Invalid TV format
in "LLDisp_Gc.c" on line 335.

I already took a look at the main.dol with a HexEditor, the String "Invalid TV format" is definitively included. I hope IDA can point me to the right spot. The problem is that I'm most likely not skilled enough to interprete my findings the right way...

pedrobarca

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
So, here we go:

Mas50je.png

I guess this funtion sets the video mode for return of the king. On the bottom right there is the the part which has the error message "Invalid TV format". You can see that it is decisive what the register r3 holds. If the value in r3 is bigger than 3 it jumps to the error message. But I have no idea how to figure out, what the register holds in my case (too bad I don't have a stack dump) and I have no idea where value in r3 comes from. It is obviously already set before this function is called.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just finished up something crazy, I'm pretty sure I missed alot and my code is dirty but this is big:
-heavly changed the way games will get patched, this file will dynamically replace the game entry point to a custom loader instead of patching the game while reading it, this way games like the 007 series will no longer crash because of changing file locations
-wait for PADInit to be called before reporting data in PADRead, fixes games like ghost recon

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
well guys this is a big one ready to hear what games fully work now?

Agent under fire
nightfire
from russia with love
midway arcade treaasures 2
namco museum
medal of honnor rising sun
ghost recon now works perfectly too

this ones im sure it got fixed not sure if it fixed anymore games.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just finished up something crazy, I'm pretty sure I missed alot and my code is dirty but this is big:
-heavly changed the way games will get patched, this file will dynamically replace the game entry point to a custom loader instead of patching the game while reading it, this way games like the 007 series will no longer crash because of changing file locations
-wait for PADInit to be called before reporting data in PADRead, fixes games like ghost recon

That is awesome! Does this mean anything different for the 3 non-working Triforce games?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

Damn FIX94! You are a machine ! Didn't you said you were about to take a break ? ;) Thank you very much for the new version :grog:

Reactions: fledge68

Ewpb

Trophies
XP
Country
Can the Wiimote be programmed to power down after a certain amount of time? I feel bad burning through batteries in both the Wavebird and Wiimote on my mirror mode run through the Twilight Princess. :-D

Also, can the same SD card installation be used on both a Wii and Wii U? So I can boot on it the machine upstairs and continue my game using the memory card emulation?

Thanks for such an amazing piece of 'emulation' magic.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Can the Wiimote be programmed to power down after a certain amount of time? I feel bad burning through batteries in both the Wavebird and Wiimote on my mirror mode run through the Twilight Princess. :-D

Also, can the same SD card installation be used on both a Wii and Wii U? So I can boot on it the machine upstairs and continue my game using the memory card emulation?

you can shutdown the wiimote manualy by continuasly pressing the power button when a gc game is runing, it wont shutdown the console in a gc game.

Reactions: Ewpb

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

The wiimote shutting down idea is a good one actually, but hasn't been done yet.
You can use the same nintendont installation on both wii and wii U no problem :)

Reactions: Ewpb

Larsenv

Dr. Wii, Ph.D
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States

Thanks for all of the work FIX94!! Amazing work!!

By the way, does anyone know if HIDTest is still useful, and if I can use a Wii U Pro Controller on the Wii version of Nintendont, just like the Wii U version lets me use it??

Plus, I made a couple of edits to the compatibility list recently to fix grammar errors to make it look better.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks for all of the work FIX94!! Amazing work!!

By the way, does anyone know if HIDTest is still useful, and if I can use a Wii U Pro Controller on the Wii version of Nintendont, just like the Wii U version lets me use it??
no need for hid test wiiu pro has bt support of its own do this go to your wii menu press the wii sync button and the wiiupro sinc button , wiiu pro will flash afew times and shutdown when it shutdowns menas it registred.

then use your wiimote or whatver to run nintendont on on nintendont menu or if a gc game is running in nintendont just press any button to activate the controller.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer